OzzieMoz's Upside Down Diary!

Thank you Sorus :D Glad you enjoy the read and in all honesty I think me and succinct is about as likely as it ever was that King Canut could control the tides! Wittering rocks! - sounds like a place on the South Coast of england... Actually, that has put me in mind of an explanation for my inane ramblings, in my very formative years, I was under 2 my parents took me to West Wittering on holiday - see, I stood no chance! You know this diary is very therapeutic, I have now self-diagnosed my reasons for wittering on, and last week, I realised that I put on weight recently because I was an Imp in brownies when I wanted to be an Elf. It all makes sense! ;) :D

Well then, it's Christmas Eve. All the present shopping is done, I think, probably, possibly. Actually, all the present shopping is "done" if I define "done" to mean, I'm not bloomin' doing any more! *stamps foot petulantly* The food shopping is done apart from bread rolls and fruit juice which I apparently have to take to the family barbie tomorrow morning. Will get those this morning. Now I just have to find the time, energy, enthusiasm for wrapping presents. At the moment, I am in short quantities of all these! I'm sure that panic will spur me on later!

Daughter's bedroom is now tidy - yayyy! It won't last but yayyyyy anyway! We're off to see Santa today for her picture which she traditionally now likes to get. Hope the queue isn't too long! But I know regardless, I have to queue or life would not be worth living!

I did a sneakypeeky thing at my scales this morning, and I would appear to have put a pound on! Dammit, snot fair! I've been so good, so good in fact that Santa wouldn't be able to fit all my presents on his sleigh, if my goodness equated to presents! Ho hum - it's only middle of the week, so maybe it's a phantom pound, I'm not going to worry about it til Sunday...

I'm still planning on being a girly swot on Christmas day. Might have a few extra syns and persuade my girly to part with some of her chocolate but I don't drink and we aren't having proper Christmas dinner as such here, so no excuse not to be reasonably good!

Anyway, I better shuffle off, time to wake stepson up! Husband doesn't start til lunch-time today, poor him has to do a late shift on Xmas Eve, he's not too impressed with that, but has to do what has to be done!!

Back later for tea and diaries - hope everyone is keeping well and happy and is more ready for the big day than I am! :D

Shhhhhhhh - it's Christmas morning at 6am and no-one else is awake! Good news folks! Santa is definitely doing his rounds - there's a respectable looking heap of presents under the tree and a big stocking on my little girl's bed! It's funny seeing the difference between being an only child and being one of many (hmmm that makes me sound like one of the Borg!) - my brothers and I were always awake at the crack of dawn opening our stockings and comparing contents before our parents woke up! That's why they gave them to us, to keep us quiet for an extra 45 minutes or thereabouts so they could sleep more! On the other hand, my daughter has to be woken up on Christmas morning! I think in terms of sleep she was born a teenager as she has never been one to get up early!

I'm usually fairly early to bed, but my lack of present wrapping meant I was up til gone midnight, and now I'm awake at my usual 5.00/6.00 ish it means I'm knackered! Think I might need a nanna nap this afternoon!

I did my first naughty thing yesterday, and had a milky way and it must have been HUGE because I've put on another phantom pound! Still it doesn't count til Sunday but I will be gutted to be honest if I don't at least stay the same, come Sunday, as I have been and will be very good! It just seems that I'm not one of these people that can be a little devil and get away with it, I must always pay the price! Oh woe! Oh woe! Oh woe!!

Anyway, enough "woe" it's time for some "ho ho ho!" A cup of ho ho ho tea and some fruit and yoghurt is on the menu now and then back to read diaries and stuff til someone, anyone else gets up! I might clatter some pots noisily if no-one gets up soon!

Hope everyone has a wonderful magical happy happy happy Christmas and gets to spend Christmas as they would choose however that may be! :xmassign:

Ahhhhh Christmas Day has been and gone and it's Boxing Day now and all is peaceful!

Daughter managed to wake herself up this year, but not til a respectable 7.15am. We all had to be up early anyway, as we head over to my in-laws for a breakfast on the barbie with all his siblings and their kids. It's quite nice, apart from sibling dramas and an issue with my husband's ex, I shall refrain from comment except to say that .... nope, I shall refrain from comment, my late mum said "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing". :p :D

My girly was over the moon with her presents, so that was good! The mum of a friend of ours gave her a medical kit, so I spent the afternoon, bandaged, covered in plasters, which she took inordinate pleasure in peeling off somewhat painfully and having various strange tests conducted on me. At one point, I was told I had 2 minutes to live, then she told me to hang on a minute while she talked to the dog! Half my remaining life-span wasted - i don't think so!! :D

Anyway, it was overall a good day. I was as good as gold, still have 2 phantom pounds hanging around, I have no idea how I've put on weight this week as I've stayed on plan throughout, but I'm not going to worry. Patience is a virtue and it will all work out!

Time for me to do the dishes now and then I can relax with a cup of tea and my book til the rest of the house wakes up! Hope everyone had a great Christmas day!

Morning all :D

This morning is weigh in and if I weren't feeling in a generally sunny mood, I would say that I was feeling peeved! ... or that there is a little thunder cloud looming over Cairns. Grrrrrr! But I'm in too good a mood to worry! Perhaps I'll do peeved and thunderous tomorrow instead *makes a little note in diary*. Despite being a Christmas Angel, I have somehow managed to put on a pound this week, could have been worse, yesterday I thought it was 2! Really don't understand my weight loss this time, it's so slow - two steps forward, one back ... but at least the overall trend is downward. Probably it's because I'm older, maybe? They say, it gets harder as you get older, is that an urban myth or true? Anyway, will carry on as I am and hopefully next week I'll lose this phantom pound and it can take another one with it! That is this week's Plan A.

We had BIG rain yesterday afternoon, it looked like evening time at about 2 o'clock it was so dark! It was nice though because it cooled everything down a bit. Trouble is when the sun does come back out it's going to be really humid for a while! Doesn't look like that's going to happen yet though, it's very cloudy this morning and the radar map shows plenty of rain off the coast, but I can't work out which direction it's going. Maybe if I stand outside and blow hard, I might divert it away? Actually, I might delegate that job to my little girl, keep her quiet for a couple of minutes anyway! Believe me, even 2 minutes of peace is worth it! chatterbox she is!

I think today is going to be another Green Day. I like them best really, but having said that to fit in with what everyone else is eating, Extra Easy is usually the way to go.

No idea what we're going to do today, might be brave and go face the sales, I have some money burning a hole in my pocket! Husband realised this year, that he isn't very good at choosing presents, and gave me money, which whilst I miss the surprise of it all is probably for the best! I'm sure if he ever has a good idea which he knows is a good idea, he'll buy a present himself, but until then it makes sense to get me to shop for myself! Made me laugh though, because he knows what I'm like and has made me swear that I'll spend it all on myself, and I have to show the receipts to his mum to prove it! Why I can't just give him the receipt I don't know, he mumbled something about not wanting to know how much it cost... and I'm not to tell him what I'm getting or it will spoil the surprise for him!! Hmmmm all seems the wrong way round somehow - I think I married a lunatic! :rotflmao:

Anyway, I must call a halt to this ramble... my tea won't make itself and I have reading to do!! Hope everyone is doing well, being good when you can, and just enjoying yourself regardless! :)

For reasons I won't go into yesterday was a dreadful day. Who knows what today will bring but I'm going to do my best to keep my head down and blend into the background.

Plan-wise, I was good though, which is pleasing in some respects, because it shows that nothing is getting in the way of me sticking to plan. :)

Stepson had problems with our local cinema and it ended up with him getting a fair few free tickets, he's given a couple to me, so I might take LittleOzzie to see a film this afternoon.

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves whether they are on plan or off-plan :)

Another dreadful day, I'm obviously not good at blending into the background. Maybe that should be another incentive to lose weight, maybe it will enhance my "blending in" skills :p

Didn't actually eat much yesterday because I was stressed, but what I did eat was a Green Day and I wasn't naughty at all again.

Hoping for a quiet and peaceful day today. :fingerscrossed:

Good to see some of the diarists back from their Xmas breaks, gives me more to read with my first cup of tea of the day! Hope all are well and happy :D

Hi hun, hope the rest of your week gets better for you *hugs* xx

Hi Ozzie

Hope things are better for you now. I tend to do what you do when all around is chaos - ie try and blend into the background. Usually I fail miserably. :D

Seriously - this is a weird time of year. I remember 2 years ago I was in the depths of a horrible clinical depression (something I do suffer from periodically and I really have to watch it - ie get back on meds quickly if it happens) and Christmas was complete torture for me - having to be jolly, hosting family get togethers etc.

I remember when Jan 2nd arrived and all was back to normal I was so incredibly relieved that I could be miserable in peace. It really was like that!

Anyway hope things are nowhere near that bad for you and that you're just having a blip.

**big hugs**

Hey Ozziemoz,

Glad you had a good Xmas, expect for she who shall not be mentioned!...., and you little oz got some great presents.

I am not weighing until the 9th at WW's and looking forward to the time I have to reverse the wine I have been drinking on a daily basis for nearly a week now! MAYBE MORE..

Well a friend of mine has recommended a book for me 'The Gabriel Method'. I have done some research and it's about changing your approach towards eating and the word 'diet'. Sounds really good and she has lost a couple of kilos in 2 weeks in conjunction with WW's but she isn't counting points just guessing and moderately following the programme. Anyways it sounds very good and I have ordered it. Cannot wait for it to arrive.

Bren
X

Yayy, things here are pretty much sorted, for now anyway. But even though, I suspect trouble will rear it's ever so ugly head again some time down the line, til then, I can do my finest impression of an ostrich and bury my head in that glorious golden sand! Bums up! :p :D

Yesterday, I lost the plot food-wise. I wasn't naughty as such, just was too bloody tired to work out whether I had an EE day or a red day. I think if I could be bothered to work it out, I would still be ok whichever way I looked at it by using syns. Oh no I wouldn't, I just remembered chocolate cheesecake. Oh woe!

Stepson (19) has his gf up visiting and staying with us for a week or so (the vagueness of the "so" does trouble me :rotflmao: ), anyway, he invited us all out for dinner last night, his treat. I tried to talk him out of it gently as whilst he is a very kind lad (apart from when he's being a typical teenager) and I did appreciate the thought, I don't like him blowing his money, but he insisted he wanted to do it, so I graciously accepted. I was good foodwise, it was a seafood buffet mainly, so was easy to behave, but he would have been upset if I had turned down dessert, so I didn't, and because I eat sweet things so rarely, I nearly conveniently forgot about it! It was yummy though! :D

My revolting daughter though was contemplating her prawns as we peeled them, and got quite scientific in her dissection. "if we eat prawns, mummy, and take their heads off, we'll be eating what prawns eat, what do prawns eat?" then things got worse, "mummy, if that's the prawn's head, where is it's bum? what if it needed the toilet? would we be eating...." at which point I hastily cut her off with "you ate a cow at lunch time and it didn't worry you, so don't let it worry you now!"

Sorus - thanks for your kind words, I'll be nipping in to your diary shortly and finding out what you've been up to!

Bren - :D @ you undoing the damage before WI, sounds like a most excellent plan. If you shift any pounds gained, maybe with a bit extra, will you look all saintly at your WW consultant when it comes round to weigh in? or confess to your wickedly wino ways? :p

I had to google the Gabriel Method to see what it was as I'd never heard of it. Sounds interesting, and probably if it can work well with WW or SW not a bad idea, as I think changing attitudes to our relationship with food is key not particularly just in terms of weightloss, but more in terms of the rest of our lives after weight has been lost, to make sure we don't go off down that slippery path again. I'll have to see what you think of it when you've read the book!

All is peaceful in the house now that I've just sorted the cat out. He objects to being shut out of bedrooms and shouts loudly at closed bedroom doors, so I've just let him in to mine, he can go bother my husband. :p

Time for a fresh cup of tea and a long read!

Edit: Ha! I took so long to write this what with dealing with the cat and my bubble-brained dolly daydreaming ways, that I had to re-log in to post it! :sign0007:

Up way to early this morning. Cat decided it was time for me to get up at 5ish - he kept biting my hand and by the time I'd got up and made sure he had food/water/and put him out, I was wide awake. These early mornings are getting a bit silly! At my current rate, in a year or twos time I'll be getting up before I go to bed! :D

Was absolutely angelic yesterday and my sneaky peeky on the scales indicate that my phantom pound which I did not deserve last week, may have disappeared.. . hope it stays away and takes a friend with it! ;)

Pouring with rain this morning, checked the radar image which I always do in the morning expecting to see a bit of a rain cloud over us, but the whole screen was blue! Looks like it will be wet pretty much all morning and maybe beyond! Not heavy rain though, just constant, not like the wet season, now that is heavy rain.

Think a trip to the cinema today is in order, most likely film is Alvin & the Chipmunks, The Squeakquel. Not my choice, honest! Although having said that, I do like childrens films, its one of the advantages of parenthood!

Time for a cup of tea now and a read! Hope everyone had a great day, and a good one tomorrow. Oooooh just remembered it's NY eve today, with being up so early, fat chance of me staying up to see the new year in! :eek: :D

Hi Ozzie

Must be only an hour away from midnight where you are! Are you still awake or in bed?

Hope you have a fabulous 2010 and the universe brings you your heart's desires! xx

Good morning and a Happy New Year to one and all :D Thank you Laddiesboy for your visit to my diary and your NY wishes :D

A special extra wish for Sorus that you have a really excellent year and achieve everything you set out to achieve and that on top of that you get something especially splendid and unexpected! You're a lovely lady! :D

Well I'm not sure what the Grinch equivalent for NY is, but that pretty much is me at New Year. I enjoy the concept of NY and the hope it brings, fresh start, new plans etc.... and I embrace all those ideas, my problem is with the celebration itself. I've never been to a party on NY that any good has come out of :rotflmao:

We went down to the Esplanade at 9pm to watch a firework display, there is one at midnight too but the 9ish one is more geared to families. It was good but would have been better had we been able to hear the music that it was allegedly set to. Daughter spent most of the display looking out to see watching a flock of Pelicans on the water and all around you could hear the bats screaming, I don't think they liked the explosions much!

After that, came home, put daughter to bed and then I crashed out and was sent to bed too! I was asleep by 10.30 so you lot are the first to get my genuine true Happy New Year wishes!

Plan-wise, I was once again an upside-down angel. I did well on SW the last time I dieted according to the plan years ago, but what is making it easier this time I think is the fact that I stopped drinking when I fell pregnant with my daughter and never could be bothered to go back to it, so alcohol is never a temptation. I have the occasional drink, probably about half a dozen over the course of 12 months, what a boring old fart I've become!! :rotflmao:

I had a sneakypeek on the scales this morning and if I continue to be this good, I should see a weightloss on Sunday morning!

Today, it's absolutely piddling down and again it looks set to stay that way for a few hours more at least! Not sure what to do today, I can't remember what the shops are like on New Years Day here whether they open or not. I'll have to go and find out, I guess!!

Went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Squeakquel yesterday. It was vaguely amusing, but very loud and ermmmm squeaky! Felt as if it had given my ears a good clean out by the end of it! :eek:

Anyway, I better end this ramble before I use up my quota of words for the day :p .

Happy New Year :new_year:

Enjoyed a green day yesterday, I still do prefer them on the whole, although EE is more practical when it's not just myself to look after. Tomorrow is WI day, should see a loss of the phantom pound plus one or a bit more, will be disappointed if I don't, although I have learned to take each week as it comes. I neither comfort eat when I'm disappointed, nor celebrate and eat when I do well so really it makes no odds!

Another wet dreary but warm-ish day here. Hopefully it might brighten up by lunchtime as I want to go out and about and I don't feel like getting drenched, especially since that means a change of clothes as it's so warm that coats are a no-no.

Been a strange morning so far, usually I'm up first by at least an hour, usually 2, but today, my husband got up within 5 minutes of me and then my stepson and his gf got up, so that was 4 of us up by 6 am. Horrible! I like my peace and quiet :rotflmao:

Anyway, time to sit back and catch up with other diaries. Hope everyone is well and happy and enjoying 2010. Watching the London fireworks on the TV made me quite homesick, but fingers crossed, we'll be home for a visit this year! :D

Hi Ozzie - good luck with your weigh in tomorrow!

Morning all :D Thank you Sorus for your good luck wishes, must have worked as I've lost 2lbs - yayy!

Actually, to be honest, I didn't feel "yayyyy!" when I weighed in as I had hoped to have shifted 3lbs, so I had a little moment of "oh woe!"-ness. But then I thought, for me 2lbs in a week is really good, and since there is another pound on the verge of going, as my weight has dipped down during the week, then I shouldn't be dismayed at all! So I'm not, I'm back to "yayyyyy!" :D

Today looks like being a much nicer day than yesterday! It was bucketing with rain all day nearly, so we had a day indoors being slobs and watching DVDs. We got through the new-ish Star Trek, Transformers 2 and Precinct 9. I wasn't expecting to enjoy the latter but strangely I did, not in a "I must go out and buy it sort of way" but just glad I'd watched it, because I didn't originally want to!

Plan-wise I had another green day, actually had planned on EE but husband didn't want to cook for the family so he got in a takeaway which meant that I had to do my own dinner and I usually do green when that happens. My OH usually does the cooking, if what he's cooking doesn't fit in with the plan, then I cook my own. I was naughty though and had an ice-cream with chocolate sauce from Hungry Jacks (Burger King equivalent). Not often I cave in to that sort of pressure, but I felt like it last night! :D

Weighed the cat last night, he weighs 11lbs and that's what I've lost now! I've lost a cat in weight :rotflmao:

Well I better shuffle along, still have a few diaries to read - gawd there are a lot of new ones to get through! :eek: Time for a fresh cup of tea and a read, and I have an email or two to answer! Hope everyone is having a great weekend and being virtuous SW-wise :p :D

LOL at 'I've lost a whole cat!!'

Hi OzzieMoz, Happy New Year. Well done on your 2lb loss too, that's great. A top start to the year. I haven't dare hopped on the scales since my last WW WI on 19th of December. My next WI is on next Sat and I am just hopping for a STS??

How was the movie?

Hey well done Ozzie! You're beating me now - you've lost eleven pounds, I've only lost nine! *slinks off to sulk*

Hey well done Ozzie! You're beating me now - you've lost eleven pounds, I've only lost nine! *slinks off to sulk*

Oi oi huffy pants! :p As soon as you decide to start behaving yourself, you'll be beating me hands down again - although it isn't of course a competition :rotflmao:

G'day Bren :D Happy New Year to you too! I deserved my loss as I've been a boring old fart and stuck to the plan right over Xmas and NY. Bah humbug and all that :D In reality it was only 1lb genuine loss, as the other was a phantom pound that mysteriously appeared at last week's weigh-in which I never really believed in anyway. I'm looking forward to you getting your book too, so I can find out what you think, I reckon you'll have undone your festive naughtiness and be back where you should be for your next wi ... I have faith! and blind optimism :rotflmao:

Back