Extra Easy P*ssed Off.

KayMarie

I was cutting back on my syns today because I had gone over yesterday a little, then remembered, oh I drank a bottle of Lucozade still orange, not thinking about it at the time!

I searched it today to put in my food diary - 17.5 syns!! OH MY GOD. Putting me at 22.5 syns today.

I'm well annoyed. I did the same the other day by accident, somone bought me an orange juice an without thinking I had drank it!

I bet I have lost nothing this week! :mad:

17.5 syns?! Bloody hell!! Hope you do still manage to lose.xx

Isn't it really annoying when so many syns are lost to blinkin drinks, and it's not even as if you had the pleasure of any alcohol in that! LOL!! It's scary to think how many syns drinks can contain because we think mainly of the food we're consuming and it's very easy to forget about drinks! I'm trying to be a strictly water or no added sugar squash person the majority of the time and sometimes have diet cokes in the pub! Don't beat yourself up about the Lucozade tho hun, there's no point, just try and cut back (again) on your syns over the next few days and I'm sure your hard work will show on the scales!X

I saw a bottle of Cherry Lucozade last week and thought "Woooo new flavour! Want!!" and just as I picked it up I remembered - Nope, too synnie.

Not fair :cry:

I can't belied there are so many syns in soft drinks! Try not to worry about it too much. Could you always keep a bottle of squash with you...I try to do that and it seems to help. Fingers crossed this hasn't done too much harm x

I wouldn't worry to much, I accidently fell into a chippy last week and had a bag of chips with batter salt and vinegar :eek::eek: I still lost 1 1/2 :D, so all is not lost.

At least you are more aware now, before I started sw I wouldn't think twice about what I was doing :(

Good luck.

You shouldn't be too annoyed with yourself. SW is a massive change to our lives when we join, and there is a heck of a learning curve. Even after months and months I am still learning new aspects of it almost every day. It was a mistake, but you've learned from it, and hopefully your WI won't be too affected by it.

On a related note, it is so easy to see how so many people are overweight to start with. Given that SW teaches us which foods are healthy, which not so much, which you can have a lot of, which you need to have sparingly, the fact that the ONE bottle of drink is almost the entire daily syn allowance gives you an idea of how bad some things are. The fact it is marketed as a sports drink is a joke imo.

Dunno how the food companies have the Government in their pocket but it's high time we had GOOD CLEAR labelling on all foods and drinks. Then people can make the easy informed choice as to whether or not to put things in their body.

When you are out and about you can go for water of course, but also all the diet drinks are syn free. Might be worth you looking through a syns directory to find what other options are good for you, for future reference.

I thought I was doing well and have been having Supernoodles to go for lunch at work, however only realised last night that it is only the low fat ones that are free - and the ones I have been having are 7 sins each on green. However, missed my B choices the last few days so it should hopefully net out and not make much difference. Also not been having many sins, so my first week back on SW should still be a success.

As has been said, SW isn't just a diet/eating plan - it's a change to your life and that includes habits. We all make mistakes - and though we do beat OURSELVES up, we all say the same to each other - don't worry!

You cannot change what's happened - so draw a line under it and move forward. So you've blown syns...you know (which is the first thing to be happy with) and now you won't go over more than that.

Also, you've learnt the hard way, as we all do -check before! It's not always easy and I bet most of us have eaten/drank without checking something because we can't (no FD or internet handy)...it's just a matter of knowing what to pick up and what's what.

So don't worry - you may still lose. It's high because of sugars etc but it's not like you ate a cake is it? Stay happy xxxx

I try and stick to water, or diet fanta (fanta zero) I am not keen on diet coke. I had the same prob a while ago and bought oasis at the cinema, I never looked up the syns, I just moved on. I did have a loss that week too.

if its any consolation, last week I had friends over and made cake, and florentines (posh biscuits) and didn't count anything, and must have had well over 30 syns extra for 2 days running, well I got weighed today and still lost 1/2 lb, I would like to have lost more - but the cake was nice! the main thing is to get back on track asap, and dont let it undermine your resolve, cause that's when it all goes horribly wrong.

even if you do sts, its only 1 week, and you will carry on losing for all the other weeks to come.

good luck!

Thanks everyone, I'm over it now. I'm just continuing and hoping I will have lost.

I usually make a couple of sugar free juice drinks and pop them in my bag, as I don;t drink tea or coffee or fizzy drinks and don't like to spend loads ono buying them. It just so happens these were 2 for a £1 on my way in to uni and I grabbed them. Luckily, I never drank the second and gave it to my OH today.

The sports drinks like that are marketed as such because they are high in energy, the wrong energy for us though, suggar etc...

Lesson learned, I will be continuing to make my own from now :)

babs ive still been losing weight (slowly ovs) but still doing it considering i've been drinking a lot of alchohol!!

I wouldn't worry to much, I accidently fell into a chippy last week and had a bag of chips with batter salt and vinegar :eek::eek: I still lost 1 1/2 :D, so all is not lost.
OMG that had me in stitches! :D

Kaymarie, what about going for a brisk walk or something? Might burn it off? Mind you I doubt you've done that much damage, but just a thought.

Wendy

Back