Packs people dont like??

yummum2be

Hi

I'm all new to this and on day 5 and got to say that I really haven't taken to the meal packs :-/ I know that s&s won't swap packs but is there anywhere, either on this forum or anywhere else where people can swap flavours they don't like??

Thanks

YM2B

No, its not allowed on Minimins

Okey dokey maybe I'll have to have a look at eBay or just gag and force them down and then not order them again :-( I ordered loads of the cottage pie and chilli thinking they'd be lovely and they make me retch when I eat them so have to do the mouthful or food followed straight away by a mouthful of water!! Lol!

Thanks Starlight :)

oh what a shame cottage pie is my fave!!! but i add stuff to it have you tried doctoring? a bit of bullion some extra herb and/or spices a bit of soy sauce and some black pepper? might mak it more palatable, maybe mix some veg into it too? i add leeks to mine :) hope this helps

I ordered the sample kit just for that reason. They may be worth holding onto though as I discovered on LL that your tastes change.

Wow what a contrast! Just had the white packet chilli and OMG!! It was gorgeous and very very filling :) and how different to the silver packet chilli that i gagged on the other day :) This diet is getting better and better now :-D

I luckily liked all the samples I ordered, well apart from the red fruits shake (I didn't order any soups). I ordered both types of the chili, spag bol and porridge and when I made my big order I decided to go for the original chili and porridge but got the new (silver pack) spag bol. It tasted like a cheap microwave spag bol that I've bought from Saisnburys or Tescos... then the other day I had one and absolutely hated it! I gagged near enough the whole way through and only managed to eat 3/4's of it. I'm not going to eat the rest of them and I wont be ordering them again! So far it's the only pack I've liked then disliked.

Wow what a contrast! Just had the white packet chilli and OMG!! It was gorgeous

I much prefer the white packet chili! it's lush... I like that it contains kidney beans unlike the silver pack :D.

Agreed on the new chili its got ahorrible slimy texture! Ewww only one I dislike though. But I haven't tried many shakes only have the choc, cara, hazelnut and latte hot lol

All those shakes are lovely, especially hot with a spoonful of coffee ;-)

I must admit I havent yet found a pack I dont like. I havent tried all the shakes but I love the choc one. Id say the macaroni is my least fave meal, purely because I dont have packs with veggies etc and its just too runny. I absolutely love the other packs, I wasnt so keen on the new spagbol at first but I totally changed my mind after a few.

Sometimes I just marvel at the fact this is a VLCD - you have to wonder why anyone would do any VLCD other than this really ;)

I must admit I havent yet found a pack I dont like. I havent tried all the shakes but I love the choc one. Id say the macaroni is my least fave meal, purely because I dont have packs with veggies etc and its just too runny. I absolutely love the other packs, I wasnt so keen on the new spagbol at first but I totally changed my mind after a few.

Sometimes I just marvel at the fact this is a VLCD - you have to wonder why anyone would do any VLCD other than this really ;)

I never thought I would ever hear you say that about s&s lol, Im on day 4 of it after swapping over from exante and its like heaven!!!! I do have the veg at the min as even with the milk its only taking me up to 650 cals max but will have to see how to works with the losses! great to see you back and hope you had a nice time away.x

starlight the same happened to me with new spag bol hated it when i first tried it then tried it again and wished id bought more lol

I like everything too!.. I mean I have my faves... and ones that are okayish, but nothing I cant force down! I'm loving how theres always new stuff released too.... i'm just putting in an order with the Mushroom Pasta that i just missed last order, and praline too... even if its something you dont love the change is exiting!

YM2B - I totally feel your pain though! Before S&S I tried AAW8 and ordered a months supply of porrage thinking it'd be nice in the mornings - eugh! Even just the smell made my stomach turn and attempting to get it down became such a chore >.<. And probably a large reason I failed on that. :/

But like people have said.... tastes do change. So it might be worth putting them to one side, making your next order a lil earlier than planned (once you've figured which ones you do like) and trying to introduce them again in a few weeks? ... though saying that I eventually just binned the porrage and now refuse to even think about the S&S one :p

I love the shakes too! So delicious, especially chocolate. I have it as hot cocoa before bed :)
Out of the shakes I like the Vanilla one least but I can still drink it.

I can't stand that macaroni pasta though, absolutely disgusting. When I tried the trial I picked the pasta bits and poured the 'cheese' down the drain! Also dislike mushroom pasta and mushroom soup because I don't like mushrooms!

But apart from that everything is pretty good, I reckon I can keep this up for a couple of months easy!

i like original porridge, cottage pie, spag bol and praline bars :) did a couple of weekly orders and tried some flavours, chilli abit spicy for me and sweet porridge too small a portion and not sweet enough, almond bar and milk truffa bars not my cuppa tea but edible, now i've found my four i'm gonna do big order :) also i cook meal packs with spinach..... boil four blocks of frozen spinach in pan in water, when its soft there should be enough water to add pack straight into pan, then simmer until pack cooked and thickened its lovely and makes a decent amount :) frozen spinach cheap at iceland £1 a pack!

Nomsad said:
i like original porridge, cottage pie, spag bol and praline bars :) did a couple of weekly orders and tried some flavours, chilli abit spicy for me and sweet porridge too small a portion and not sweet enough, almond bar and milk truffa bars not my cuppa tea but edible, now i've found my four i'm gonna do big order :) also i cook meal packs with spinach..... boil four blocks of frozen spinach in pan in water, when its soft there should be enough water to add pack straight into pan, then simmer until pack cooked and thickened its lovely and makes a decent amount :) frozen spinach cheap at iceland £1 a pack!

Is the oatmeal sweeter than porridge? I thought the porridge was gross! X

Jeshiekah said:
Is the oatmeal sweeter than porridge? I thought the porridge was gross! X

I preferred the sweet than the oatmeal the oatmeal was powderey I thought and I a massive porridge fan :)

louiseb78 said:
I preferred the sweet than the oatmeal the oatmeal was powderey I thought and I a massive porridge fan :)

I normally like oat so simple. But maybe that's because it is very sweet. I'll try the oatmeal. But I dont hold out much hope. I think I will end up doing 4 packs, shake, meals, shake and bar xx

Iv not ordered the porridge I must admit only due to its reviews. may slip a few in my next order thou can't really say I don't like it till iv ordered it.

So far so good :)

Back