Pain Killers?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by GTPeach, 1 August 2008 Social URL.

1. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    I know this massive, pervasive headache I have isn't dehydration - I've been through gallons of water. It's most likely due to the adjustment of the CD plan. Whatever the cause, it's beginning to affect my work.

Is it okay to take a Tylenol or Aleve on this diet?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    It may be carb withdrawal if you are new on the diet, I would take cheap chalky paracetamol as they won't upset your tummy like something like Brufen.

As with all medical concerns though your should check with your GP/MD if you are worried.

Mike

4. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Sorry have no idea but hopefully someone will be along soon who can. I usually just stick to paracetamol, although i'm living on Ibuprofen at the minute due to chronic backache :(

5. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Is paracetamol a European thing? I'm in the states (yeah, I know, bleedin' yank...) and haven't heard of it. Thanks for the suggestion - i will definitely look for it now!

6. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    How about asprin it's the same sort of thing?

7. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Wow, really? Here, Aspirin (acetominophen?) is considered to be more severe on your stomach than either ibuprofin or naproxen sodium. If that's what you guys use and it works, I'll go pick some up. :)

8. karenO

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Apparently in the states paracetamol is known as acetaminophen.

Tylenol, Anacin 3, Datril, Panadol are all common US brands which contain paracetamol

hth x

9. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

make sure you have your shake after you take tabs, cuz i took nurofen on empty stomack and was puking up all evening eww!!!!

10. karenO

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) is quite different to paracetamol and has some quite serious contraindications for use due to its blood thinning properties and its adverse effects on things like asthma.

again hth x

11. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    Its panadol.....basically. YOu should have that in america....we use it in oz and its imported over. X

12. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    My US Cambridge Diet friends take Tylenol for their carb withdrawal headaches.

13. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Thanks guys!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.