Pain

chrissytina

Has anyone experienced joint pain as a result of losing weight?

i am 25 and feel like a 90year old and it only started when i started to shift some serious lbs.

:(

Losing weight has only made me feel better. The only pain I get it from trying to exercise. Changing your life for the better shouldnt make you feel worse. Maybe its a reaction to the change in diet - withdrawal from some things. Hope you feel better soon

Hello chrissytina,
sorry to hear that you are experiencing some pain - as vanda said it may be a reaction to change in diet but i also only get pain when I have exercised (using muscles that I forgot were there!). If the pain continues it might be worth seeing the doctor?!

Hope that you feel better soon

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Hi

Are you exercising? if you are the pain is usually a pulled muscle.
Where is the pain if the pain is in the shoulder blades in your back or in the middle of your rib cage it could be a gall bladder attack. This sometimes happens if you have previously been on a high fat diet (no offence meant - we are all here for the same reason) then go to a low fat diet! it sometime shocks the body and you end up with an awful pain. Ibuprofen does the trick! The more weight you lose this problem will be eradicated!
But it may not be this just one thing i was thinking of as i have suffered with it before!

Lou xx

just read this wrong u said joint pain not pain in general haha ignore me!!

Lou x

hi chrissytina, I am glad that you went to the doctors and have a diagnosis!

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Has anyone experienced joint pain as a result of losing weight?

i am 25 and feel like a 90year old and it only started when i started to shift some serious lbs.

:(

yeah had a few pains leg and back , prob because i wasnt used to doing much exercise

Last edited:
something so simple can cause so many problems!! Good job you can fix it :D

Oh that's something I have been wondering about. Did have some joint pain which was one of the reasons for losing weight. After losing over 2st it has become worse. Not sure if it is my change of diet or menopause. The latter not being your problem of course. My friend did say it could be the fruit that is doing it. Anyone else any ideas? Exercise increased - but only walking. Mainly my hips and knees but last week my elbows were sore!!

I've had a nightmare with my stomach since getting back on WW. It's not so much when I eat properly, it's when I stray and have a treat that's either spicy or high carb - get the most awful cramp and I can HEAR my stomach rumbling :(

Hopefully get to the docs this week

I've had a nightmare with my stomach since getting back on WW. It's not so much when I eat properly, it's when I stray and have a treat that's either spicy or high carb - get the most awful cramp and I can HEAR my stomach rumbling :(

Hopefully get to the docs this week

is it a knawing pain in your stomach like a hunger pain but worse?

if so it sounds like you may have an ulcer.. deffo get to the docs as this is something i suffer with x

DO NOT take any ibuprofen or anything containing ibuprofen as it makes it far worse x

PrettyPaula said:
is it a knawing pain in your stomach like a hunger pain but worse?

if so it sounds like you may have an ulcer.. deffo get to the docs as this is something i suffer with x

DO NOT take any ibuprofen or anything containing ibuprofen as it makes it far worse x

Yeah exactly like that, then sometimes it's like a cramp like sharp pain?

Phoning the doctor now lol!

Back