Painful Constipation Worries - which laxative?

Hi Mike ,

Was interested to hear you suffered from backache . Was it out about half way up your back at the sides.I am constipated too at the moment took senokot this morning . Hoping for movement later this evening. (Took fibre clear yesterday .. No budge :sigh:) Its a nuisance really I have my weigh in in the morning. !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, sorry I've had no backache. But my constipation has now gone, thank god.

most of the laxatives depend on how close to your last meal, at least this is my experience. for example if i take my shake at 7pm and a ducolax at 8pm it really upsets my tummy, but if I wait till 10pm it is better.i would never take em in the morning or afternoon. i have to take em 2 times a week. cant go without em (dont know if that is really bad or what?)

OOps

Sorry Mike it was actually Irish Mum spoke about backache along with constipation . Since I hit forty my brain has turned to mush !!!!!!!!. Irish Mum if you are out there can you let me know how it went for you.:wave_cry:

Sorry Mike it was actually Irish Mum spoke about backache along with constipation . Since I hit forty my brain has turned to mush !!!!!!!!. Irish Mum if you are out there can you let me know how it went for you.

No worries :)

most of the laxatives depend on how close to your last meal, at least this is my experience. for example if i take my shake at 7pm and a ducolax at 8pm it really upsets my tummy, but if I wait till 10pm it is better.i would never take em in the morning or afternoon. i have to take em 2 times a week. cant go without em (dont know if that is really bad or what?)

I took the Ducolax at 18:00hrs yesterday, but I don't think it kicked in until this morning, by which time I had already "got over my problem". Strange why it took so long?

I use psyllium husks. They are brill and are allowed on LT.

Atkins also recommend them for Ketosis diets.

I take two capsules before my shakes, for a day or so and they work.

I also find a few black coffees with sweetners work.

Alex

dulcoease is really good too. Not the rocket fuel -more of a 'stool softener' sorry TMI :giggle:

Well things where going great up until today.

*Sorry for being graphic* but I really need to go the toilet, however the stool is extremely hard. As you can imagine, it is very painful even trying. I spent a total of a hour in the bathroom today, and nothing....its just too painful.

I managed to get hold of some DulcoEase, and have been taking these along with Galpharm Ibuprofen 200mg, so hopefully will have a better day tomorrow.

The reason for my post is; will DulcoEase affect my weight loss with LT (doesn't matter if it does, as long as it works!!) and secondly, has anyone had any experience with DulcoEase...good or bad?

Thanks.

Yep i remember this, i have this to look forward to again!! My winner was Dulcolax. Make sure you don't have to leave the house for a few hours though! :eek:

If the stool is very hard and painful to pass Mike buy some glycerin suppositories from your chemist. You place one into your erm bottom (sorry if that is too graphic) and it softens the poo, making it easier to expel. The good thing about suppositories they don't have any side effects and your body cannot become dependant on them.

Good luck x

Back