Painkillers whilst on TS?

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
I've got a real bad cold, I feel so ill, but about an hour after I take pain killers the higher part of my stomach (under the bra strap area) really hurts - it comes and goes for at least a few hours. I'm drinking as much water as I can. It's so painful I don't know what to do with myself. It reminds me of gallstone pain but I had my gallbladder removed 13 years ago. Is this something that can happen on TS? Tablets on a near-empty tummy kinda thing???

Hi Buttons. I have inflammatory arthritis, and over the years have taken lots of painkillers of various sorts. Some of them need to be taken with food, especially if you are taking them regularly, to prevent them from sticking to the stomach lining and damaging it. To be honest, I think you should ask your GP for advice.

Thanks Bijou, if this last more than a couple of days I will speak to the doc. Taken the last lot of paracetamol in the middle of drinking a shake, tummy not as bad today, but its kinda hard to differentiate one ache from another pain. Sure hope this nasty virus passes soon, I hate being ill :-(

That's really weird. I too have the same symptoms as you!

I got badly sunburnt Sunday and started taking ibuprofen since sunday evening and for the past 3 days have had waves of pain and sickness coming on and off from the higher stomach area too. I was taken the normal dose but have read other posts saying your suppose to only take 1/2 the dose.

I had gall stones years ago and have also though the feeling is very similar so have been thinking my gall stones have been coming back.

After reading your post- we have very similar symptoms but you've had your gall bladder out so it definitely cant be that for you.

Has it eased yet? xx

That does make me think its diet related. I am better thank you, I stopped taking ibuprofen and limited the paracetamol, I added a decongestant for my cold and had two small low carb meals instead of shakes. Unfortunately threw up with the next shake, but think I'd drunk too much water (more for the sore throat). Thankfully I've not had to take anything today so I'm back on three exante sachets and my tummy feels ok :) Hope you feel better soon too. x

Back