Paleo life

Yay! I remember not being able to sit on the loo without gritting my teeth my a*se ached so much when i first started! But by the end you'll be so fit! Ive started on kettleworx which is v similar - 20 mins (more like 26) of intervals, except he's more cheesy!
This morning my arse feels ok (that doesn't sound quite right) but the fronts of my thighs are blooming killing! And the tops of my arms/chest. Went to the cinema last night and legs felt like two big chunks of wobbly jelly :D

Hello-so glad to have found some more paleo/primal dieters.
I've been loosely following a primal diet since February when I started at a fat loss bootcamp and the pt there pushes primal eating and introduced me to the paleo way of living. I've had some amazing losses-especially when I'm fasting (which is near on a way of life for me now). I have been known to lose 8.5lbs in a week on more than one occasion and now I'm nearing my target weight im determined not to fall off the wagon anymore :)
Always good to have more Paleo peeps on board. Love hearing all your stories.

This makes the hard work a bit easier...
5lbsfatandmuscle-2 (1).jpg

Kind of brings it to life. When you actually see it you realise the true impact.

Lauratheloop said:
Awesome I like this one too might steal it and rotate my screen saver ;-) xx

I have random stuff in my photos that I screenshot and go back to when I need motivation :)

Today's menu :)

Breakfast - omelette made with 2 free range eggs, crispy bacon, spinach, red onion, mushroom and garlic, banana

Lunch - salad (little gem lettuce, red and yellow bell peppers, celery, avocado, little multicolored red and yellow plum tomatoes, fresh coriander)
Prawns cooked in coconut oil, sesame oil, garlic, chili and ginger

Dinner - roast whole chicken, carrots, mashed butternut squash and swede, cabbage, roast parsnip

So today I'm going to start focussing a bit more on exercise. It took me a while to start feel 100% again. Dukan really didn't suit me. Horses for courses and I was definitely on the wrong track. Starting to regain some energy and the bowels are really back to the norm now (too much info I know but it's really nice to not feel constipated and bloated all the time).

I did the 30 day shred a couple of days ago but don't really think I'd be able to stick with so my revised plan is...

1 hour walk during morning preferably
1 hour of power or kundalini yoga
plus some weights to firm up arms/chest area

Kind of missed breakfast this morning by the time I'd had a little extra snooze, bathed and generally faffed around. So...

Brunch - smoothie made with coconut milk, banana and blueberries, chicken leg from last night's roast dinner and avocado

Dinner - moroccan lamb kofte and chorizo stew (new recipe for me) with courgette 'pasta'

Snack - homemade coleslaw (white cabbage, red onions, carrots, apple and mayo) with walnuts

I really really love this 'diet'

greeneyedhippychick said:
Kind of missed breakfast this morning by the time I'd had a little extra snooze, bathed and generally faffed around. So...

Brunch - smoothie made with coconut milk, banana and blueberries, chicken leg from last night's roast dinner and avocado

Dinner - moroccan lamb kofte and chorizo stew (new recipe for me) with courgette 'pasta'

Snack - homemade coleslaw (white cabbage, red onions, carrots, apple and mayo) with walnuts

I really really love this 'diet'

Good diary again I really need to start being inventive ;)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

4lbs loss this week. Blimey. I've eaten like a horse too. Bit gobsmacked really.

What are white peaches?
I saw doughnut peaches in Tesco the other day.Now is the time to eat them while they are in season.
They just have white flesh instead of orange/yellow and taste more perfumed (that's the best way I can describe it really). We have the white fleshed doughnut ones at our local greengrocers at the moment. Absolutely divine.

greeneyedhippychick said:
4lbs loss this week. Blimey. I've eaten like a horse too. Bit gobsmacked really.

Hey wow that's fantastic so chuffed for you xxx really is ace isn't it x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Grand plan - must go check some more yummy fruit out - although strawberries, raspberries, blueberries are soooo tasty:)

Running behind here....

Yesterday's menu...

Breakfast - black farmer sausage, 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, fried tomatoes, garlic mushrooms

Lunch - butternut squash soup (improvised on this; squash, carrot, celery, swede, onion, coconut milk, chicken stock) was really nice

Snack - blueberries, mango, peach, pecan and macadamia nuts

Dinner - vietnamese warm duck salad (really didn't think this was going to work while mixing sauce but it was delicious

Back