Pancake day!!

suze1310

So pancake day is almost upon us and how I would love to make a plate load and cover them in various toppings! Chocolate spread is my favourite!! So my question to everyone is what are you gonna do? Are you avoiding the fact it is pancake day or are you usin your flexi syns or is there a decent sw alternative?? Help please!! Xx

im just going to have my pancakes but count them in my syns x x

I was thinking of doing some savoury potato pancakes for main course with loads of yummy toppings then just having a sweet pancake or two synned for pudding.

Quite a lot I think as flour is something like 5.5 syns per tbsp. I remember i once made a sw friendly batter using 2 tbsp of flour and it only made 2 pancakes so that was like 5 or more syns per pancake.

I think I will just go for my lemon pancakes as usual and syn them. They are to die for with lemon curd and a few raspberries, but I think that is a step to far.

100119-lemon-pancakes-2.jpg

fillymum said:
I think I will just go for my lemon pancakes as usual and syn them. They are to die for with lemon curd and a few raspberries, but I think that is a step to far.
They look gorgeous have you got the recipe for them? Thanks x

It is an American recipe so you need to convert the measurements.

The Metric Kitchen

3/4 cup all–purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Butter, for griddle
1 (11–ounce) jar prepared lemon curd
Fresh raspberries, for garnish
Confectioners’ sugar, for garnish

Preheat a nonstick griddle.
Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and sugar in a small bowl.
Whisk together the cheese, eggs, milk, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl. Whisk the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined.
Brush the hot griddle with butter. For each pancake, pour approximately 1/4 cup measure of the batter on the griddle and cook on both sides until light golden brown. Repeat until no batter remains.
Empty the contents of the lemon curd into a small saucepan and warm over low heat. Alternatively, remove the lid and place in a microwave oven on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stopping after 1 minute to stir the curd.
Drizzle a few tablespoons of the curd over the pancakes, top with fresh raspberries, and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.

I think there's a thread on the syn free ones in the recipe forum with reviews from people who have tried them.

I've made those before, they were ok but a bit odd because they're basically just thin, sweet omelettes! I think for pancake day I'd rather just syn a couple of real ones!! Love the sound of those sweet potato ones too!!! Xxxxx

There's a low syn recipe on the SW website - 1.5 syns per pancake - they look great, or they say a ready made mix (128g) making 12 pancakes is approx. 2 syns a pancake xx

Back