Pancakes Day!

:) my crepe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 96
Did u make the rolo sauce rochelle? X

decided to treat myself and on my pancakes later (still stuffed from tea) I'll have my berries and will make a chocolate sauce from option, quark and sweetener :)

will take my syns for the day to either 5.5 or 6.5 but that's still low (unless I'm feeling really good and then I'll swap the crisps I was planning on having to something for 3 syns.

Me and my bf decided to postpone pancakes until the weekend - I will have a red day. i'm going to have savoury ones for breakfast with bacon and cheese (from hex). Think I'm just going to use normal mixture and syn them - I think 25g flour is 4 syns (milk as hex number 2) I will use that and see how many I can get out of the mixture!

Have Weigh-In tonight so didn't want to be full of pancake for that later! :eek:

Here's mine!

Pete’s Pancakes

Makes 10 pancakes=from 2.0 syns each

Ingredients

125g Plain Flour (20syn/10=2syn per pancake)
2 Eggs (ff)
300mL skimmed milk
Fry Light

* Add-ons
*Lemon juice
* Nutella 1tbsp=4.0 syn
*Honey 1tbsp=2.5 syn
*maple syrup 1tbsp=2.5 syn
*Sweetener 1tsp=2.0 syn

Method

Sift the flour from a height into a bowl, allowing the air to get in.
Make a well in the middle and break the eggs into it.
Begin whisking the eggs into the flour.
Gradually add the milk, still whisking, until all the liquid has been added and you have formed a smooth batter.
Leave to stand for 15-30 mins.
Heat a frying pan over a high heat until hot.
While the pan is heating, measure 2 tbsp of batter into a ladle (note how full the ladle is to avoid having to re-measure for further pancakes).
Once the pan is hot, reduce heat to medium.
Spray pan with 2 spray of oil per pancake.
Add the pre measured batter mix to centre of pan, and tip from side to side to evenly coat the bottom.
Check when edges become loose (about 20 seconds) and the batter is cooked to the colour you want, turn the pancake over.
Cook the second side till done.
Remove from pan onto a plate and keep warm while you make the remaining pancakes.

Pancake-2 (Small).JPG

Here's mine!

Pete’s Pancakes

Makes 10 pancakes=from 2.0 syns each

Ingredients

125g Plain Flour (20syn/10=2syn per pancake)
2 Eggs (ff)
300mL skimmed milk
Fry Light

* Add-ons
*Lemon juice
* Nutella 1tbsp=4.0 syn
*Honey 1tbsp=2.5 syn
*maple syrup 1tbsp=2.5 syn
*Sweetener 1tsp=2.0 syn

Method

Sift the flour from a height into a bowl, allowing the air to get in.
Make a well in the middle and break the eggs into it.
Begin whisking the eggs into the flour.
Gradually add the milk, still whisking, until all the liquid has been added and you have formed a smooth batter.
Leave to stand for 15-30 mins.
Heat a frying pan over a high heat until hot.
While the pan is heating, measure 2 tbsp of batter into a ladle (note how full the ladle is to avoid having to re-measure for further pancakes).
Once the pan is hot, reduce heat to medium.
Spray pan with 2 spray of oil per pancake.
Add the pre measured batter mix to centre of pan, and tip from side to side to evenly coat the bottom.
Check when edges become loose (about 20 seconds) and the batter is cooked to the colour you want, turn the pancake over.
Cook the second side till done.
Remove from pan onto a plate and keep warm while you make the remaining pancakes.

View attachment 79287

wouldn't you have to syn the milk as well?

going to have to give these a go, I haven't had proper pancakes for years and really fancy trying some soon (boyfriend and son have some ready made ones but they're 8.5 syns each!)

Yeah, you'd have to be careful how many you had though and then try to have the rest of your allowance (okay I know you don't have to have all your allowance but I do... don't want to be missing out lol)

I just copied and pasted this recipe but you can still use Oat So Simple porridge oats. They only took the sachets of porridge away from from a hex B because they were only something like 27g which 'wasn't enough' to qualify as a hex B. It's an unflavoured porridge oats though yes x

Apparently not - official word fm sw is oats so simple have changed their recipe (they don't use whole oats or something) + now don't have enough fibre in them to qualify as hex b

Apparently not - official word fm sw is oats so simple have changed their recipe (they don't use whole oats or something) + now don't have enough fibre in them to qualify as hex b

Oh really? Well it says that any unflavoured oats are hex B I will have to see if my C is aware of this - thanks!!

Just asked my C and she said exactly what I said before about the sachet size and that 35g of Oat So Simple porridge oats is fine x

Back