pannacotta

kazxox

Has anybody else made the vanilla pannacotta from SW christmas ee book? I had a go yesterday but only had gelatine sheets and it turned out stringy - not pleasant. is this where I went wrong as followed everything else.:confused:

Iv'e made it using gelatine powder and it was lovely and creamy. I made SW syn free lemon curd and topped the Pannacotta with a couple of spoonfuls with it. Lovely. xxx Looby

Iv'e made it using gelatine powder and it was lovely and creamy. I made SW syn free lemon curd and topped the Pannacotta with a couple of spoonfuls with it. Lovely. xxx Looby

That sounds gorgeous!! :drool:
Going to try and find the recipe for this and give it a go xx

Search no further hun, heres the recipe for both.
Vanilla Pannacotta:
Serves 4. Syn Free on all plans.

250g Quark
5 tbsps artificial sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 x pots vanilla Mullerlight yogurts
1 satchet geleatine
1 egg white

Whisk the Quark, add sweetener, yogurts and extract and whisk together. Place 2 tbsps hot water in a small heatproof dish and sprinkle on gelatine and mix until dissolved. Leave to cool, then whisk into yogurt mixture. Beat the egg white until forms soft peaks and fold into yogurt mixture. Spoon into individual dishes and chill overnight. Top off with lemon curd (optional)

Syn Free Lemon Curd.

3 Tbsps artificial sweetener
2 eggs
Juice and rind of 1 lemon
Couple tbsps fat free fromage frais or plain yogurt

Whisk lemon juice and eggs, strain through a sieve into a heatproof bowl and add sweetener and lemon rind. Place bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until mixture has thickened. Add fromage frais.
Enoy. xxx Looby

Thanks for that recipe Looby - ive just printed it off and im going to make it this weekend - and the lemon curd - sounds lovely!

Back