Parkruns

Jeniferous

Hi guys - I started running using c25k 7 weeks ago and did a fun run 5k last week. It had plenty of slower bits and rest time at the traffic lights so I managed it. I would like to push myself during timed events but are the parkruns ok to walk part of? I don't want a poor volunteer waiting 40 mins for me to lumber across the line?

I do my park runs in 39 mins! :)
I don't run fast for about 6 miles lol

But yes, you can walk it

My first parkrun time was 40mins, and that was jogging every single step! According to my partner who was watching, the volunteers seemed to enjoy me coming over the finish line as a virgin 5k-er more than the first finshers who were back home and out of the shower by then! They don't care if you walk the whole thing, they just want you to be part of it. If you were volunteering, I'm sure you'd feel the same... The parkrun spirit is something very special - I noticed you posted about three weeks ago so I hope you've found this out for yourself by now! And if not, get out there and try it, it's an amazing experience.

I didn't first one At 39 minutes so was really happy to knock 3 mins off my pb. I knew I could do better though and knocked another 2 mins off tonight, now down to 37. I'm officially out of my rut - I just need to accept that I don't do treadmills or morning runs so whatever happen I'll have to head out after work!

Back