• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

parsnips

Whenever I did parsnips pre-SW I always browned them in a frying pan using olive oil before brushing with honey and mustard and popping into the oven.

I would perhaps try either browning using Fry-Light or maybe synning them and brushing with honey?

To be honest I haven't really tried since re-starting so will let you know if I do :)

i always find when i do roast veggies that they go a bit dry with frylight and sometimes scorch, so now i put a bit of veggie stock in with them which keeps them moist and they get a really nice flavour and if u leave them in long enough the stock disappears and theyre like proper roasted veg :) or you can put a bit extra stock in and it makes a nice gravy xx

chris_s

Less of a man each day
Never have any problems. Partboil pots, parsnips, carrots etc for 5 mins then drain and bung in oven with some olive oil frylite sprayed on. Gas mark 6/7 for between 40 and 50 mins. They come out lovely. Perhaps mine don't scorch as they are still quite wet from part boiling?

oh i have never par boilled them before (used to roast them in an inch of oil!!) but will give that a go thanks!

also the idea of abit of veg stock sounds nice too

thank you

(sorry dont have thank you button yet)

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
I pop mine into the Actifry, they are delicious but I do like mine crispy, not dry , crispy. I would try the par boil method because they will be nearly cooked when they go in the oven and will only need long enough to crisp up to your taste.

Agree with Ellebear - put in oven after par boil, spray with fry light and then I brush 3 or 4 with honey, leave the rest plain. The honey seeps into the others anyway (in a fashion) and then you are not synning too much of sweet stuff! Did these on Sunday with Roast Beef - lovely.....