Extra Easy Partners

nottskate

Hi everyone!

My boyfriend is really supportive of my many diets! Tries to eat what I eat etc..

Last night I said I need to eat a cob with my dinner because I haven't had my b choice, he was like well you don't need it surely you are better not having it.. Clearly didn't understand!

Anyway, I didn't have it coz I felt like I was being greedy.. Is he right?

Does anyone else have annoying things their partners say?? Lol

Kate x

My Husband has been quite good but he does say things like that.. If I have used no syns all day, I will get a choc bar in the evening, and I get the same, 'should u eat that!?' I have learnt to ignore him to be honest.. If it is working for you then just keep doing it!!! X

I was thinking about this sort of thing last night. I think it's important to have a supportive partner while trying to lose weight.

My bf sometimes accepts dinner invites last minute without thinking if I can or can't eat what's on offer - e.g his mums roast dinner (honey on the roasted veg, roast potatoes cooked in olive oil, gravy made with the fat from the meat, stuffing balls etc etc)

But most of the time he is great - I also get the 'are you allowed that?' But he isn't criticising when he says it - more surprised at what I can have if I save up my syns.

the other day he brought home a family pack of mini eggs and I said 'no I can't have them today.....they are 1.5 syns for two!!' And then last night i went to my treat tin and he has made me up a few little bags of 8 eggs (6 syns per bag) so I can share them :)

Well my hubby suggested to me to look at my portion sizes as im a big eater .... But seeing as im still losing i told him to sod off .... I know hes trying to help but id rather become a maintainer than be hungry lol

My partner is better now he's doing the plan as well. He does all the cooking so I'd find out what was for tea. Ask for my little tweakes then syn anything like gravy and plan rest of my day round that. The amount of times I'd eat my meal then find out he'd only used a little bit of oil or hadn't weigh my cheese cause didn't look like much!! Now he understands and even keeps me on the straight and narrow sometimes.

Mine is fab. He cooks the Slimming World way, eats the same as me, bought me a fruit basket instead of chocolates lol. He even listens when I moan about not losing enough! I don't know what I'd do without him

These stories are so sweet. I remember a thread a while back about people sabotaging your diet - mostly mothers in law lol and why they feel the need to.

Sounds like some lovely supportive partners about - though I'm sure they all have their moment.

My bf is a good egg mostly and eats SW dinners (we share cooking and he has no problems with adaptations I want to make) but he isn't losing as he eats way too much bread and too many beers after Sunday football lol

My partners great, he understands that I'm loosing and doesn't comment on my portion sizes or what I eat at all, in fact he's the opposite, if someone says about not eating much he's like ''well they're not doing it properly are they''

He can be a nightmare with eating things in front of me, I'm usually okay with it, but sometimes if I'm having a particularly weak time its really hard not to join in.

I have to say my husband has been really amazing since I joined SW; He used to hate all veg apart from carrots but he's tried loads of things and has embraced loads of SW things. I did WW years and years ago & had to make 2 dinners because of his vegaphobia; SW meals are so delicious he cleans the plate every time. He does make some mistakes like assuming all vegetarian food is SYN free (I wish!) but I love that he makes so much effort to help me out.

It might be because there is more at stake this time, we've been trying to start a family for the past 3 years & the first thing they say is to get healthy & shed excess pounds, I'm 28 so there is still time but I'm conscious of every month passing by but we know every little sticker on my SW book is a step closer.

I was thinking about this sort of thing last night. I think it's important to have a supportive partner while trying to lose weight.

My bf sometimes accepts dinner invites last minute without thinking if I can or can't eat what's on offer - e.g his mums roast dinner (honey on the roasted veg, roast potatoes cooked in olive oil, gravy made with the fat from the meat, stuffing balls etc etc)

But most of the time he is great - I also get the 'are you allowed that?' But he isn't criticising when he says it - more surprised at what I can have if I save up my syns.

the other day he brought home a family pack of mini eggs and I said 'no I can't have them today.....they are 1.5 syns for two!!' And then last night i went to my treat tin and he has made me up a few little bags of 8 eggs (6 syns per bag) so I can share them :)

That is sooooo cute of him!!

My hubby is amazing! He cooks me and him SW friendly dinners, never complains about the lack of junk food in the house and even surprised me with an air fryer!

He never questions what I eat and always compliments me. He even makes my lunches and makes sure that I have enough fruit!

I attend group with his mum on a Saturday morning and he even cooks us a SW fry up for after weigh in. I have the perfect husband AND mother in law!!

My hubby is amazing! He cooks me and him SW friendly dinners, never complains about the lack of junk food in the house and even surprised me with an air fryer!

He never questions what I eat and always compliments me. He even makes my lunches and makes sure that I have enough fruit!

I attend group with his mum on a Saturday morning and he even cooks us a SW fry up for after weigh in. I have the perfect husband AND mother in law!!

Oh my god!!!! I am sooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!

Lol! Me and my mother in law.... Well lets just say we dont get on! My hubby as much as i love him is the laziest thing known to mankind!!!

Im happy for u hun!! Gonna try get my hubby to cook a bit more often, in the last 8 months we've been living in our own, previously living with his parents, hr has cooked (for himself, not me as ive been on a total food replacement diet) about 5 times! Better than nothing i suppose! I think ure hubby needs to make friends with mine! Lol

This is a great thread to read :)

My OH is great too, he knows all about Hex's and syns, even the 1 syn per 20 Cals.

He measures out my milk each morning.

Totally supportive, he always texts me to ask how I got on at weigh in before I get home from class.

I feel very lucky to have him but then he's also lucky to have me!!

:)

Oh my god!!!! I am sooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!

Lol! Me and my mother in law.... Well lets just say we dont get on! My hubby as much as i love him is the laziest thing known to mankind!!!

Im happy for u hun!! Gonna try get my hubby to cook a bit more often, in the last 8 months we've been living in our own, previously living with his parents, hr has cooked (for himself, not me as ive been on a total food replacement diet) about 5 times! Better than nothing i suppose! I think ure hubby needs to make friends with mine! Lol

My hubby Is a chef and doesnt Cook for me .... He says well your always on a diet so i never know what you can and cant have he does Cook sw chips tho but we always have made chips that way tbh if i cooked all Time at work dont know if id wanna Cook at home

Thanks everyone for sharing, think its nice to praise or criticise our other halves at times! Without offending them haha as I said mines very supportive but sometimes he thinks a bit logically ( which thinking about it slimming world must seem odd to others ) lol so he thinks so lose weight you need to eat less.. I will have to show him what it's about :)

Why take notice of what other half says.If you need it because it's part of the diet plan then eat it.:)

I don't bore my other half with what I should and shouldn't be eating.They must get fed up with hearing it like some woman get fed up with hearing about football.:)

Totally!! Especially when you have done 1000 diets haha x

Hehe! Love reading this thread!!

Mine is a real joy! Well to be honest if he hadnt been losing weight so successfully and making me look even fatter in comparison, I would probably still be waddling around in horrendous pain at 17st+.:sigh:
When I started at SW he happily took to the food plan as he found it so much easier to follow than just cutting down/cutting out which is what he had been doing,and when his weight started dropping nicely along with mine he took it all on board 100%;)
Mind you he isnt alone, since I started SW my daughter, SIL and son have all joined me on my journey, as a family we are in excess of 17.5st lighter than we were 18months ago:eek:

Back