Party Foods

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Hiya,

We are throwing an 80th birthday party for my nan tomorrow and i'm struggling to think of things to cook to take with me. So far, all I have on the go is a SW onion and mushroom quich.

Has anyone got any other ideas of things I can take with me? It has to be something that I can eat as can about 20 other people. My mum is doing most of the food but I have said I would cook some stuff to bring along.

Thanks for your help xx

How about big bowl of Batchelor's savoury rice - syn free on green

Some boiled eggs - free

Salad bowl (lettuce, cucumber, tomato) - free

Quorn savoury eggs - 1.5 syns each

Quorn cocktail sausages - 0.5 syns each

bowl of boiled new potatoes - free on green

Big bowls of couscous with roasted veg, pasta with chicken and veg, savoury rice (or maybe a big paella), interesting salads- have you got the latest SW Mag- potato, fennel and roasted tomato salad on page 73 looks yummy and is served with a dressing made by mixing fat free yogurt with lemon zest and juice, falafels (recipe on page 87 of mag, Cauldron Mini-bite falafels available in supermarkets for 1/2 syn each), marinated chicken skewers, veg skewers, fruit skewers served with yogurt, or a big fruit salad, mullerlights with defrosted mixed berries served on mini meringues! Hope you use some of these- I'm sure other people will reply with lots of good ideas, also do a search in the box at the top right of page and I think lots of threads have been done on this very subject! Have a great time and happy 80th to your Nan!!X

Great idea hels bels! You're not only good for finding out red kidney beans in chilli sauce syn values, but also for party food ideas!! LOL!X

Haha!! You can see why I get nothing done at work since I have found this site :p

Me too! Well I'm fine when I'm at work (in a hospital!) but it's my cleaning and doing constructive things in the house that's the problem!! LOL! I do make time for cooking though of course!!X

peppers and pasta,

chicken with bacon wrapped round it and garlic crushed inbetween (and cheese as a HEA)

cous cous and peppers

quorn do some spicy bites - maybe those would be good to cook up?

xxx have a lovely time xxx

Back