Consolidation Pasta allowance

soshbfly

Silver Member
Just a quick q - I'm planning on having my 1st pasta tonight! So, the book says 225g or 8 oz... how much is that UNCOOKED? I measured out this morning and its a huge amount raw, so I know that's not the correct way to measure.

I've got wholewheat rigatoni... can't decide if I'm going to serve to family as well or allow them regular spaghetti (made Dukan meatballs and my own sauce last night to serve with it).

Giving the raw weight is so confusing, isn't it! It'd be far easier if they stated the cooked weight in the book.

Anyway, I've found that approximately 90g-ish of uncooked pasta gives around the correct amount. You might want to weigh it when cooked upon your first attempt to make sure, though, just in case my old kitchen scales are wonky and giving false readings.

Hope that helps.

I think 80g dry weight is what's classed as a portion. (On the pack I have at home anyway...oh how I long to eat you!) So that sounds like quite a nice amount.

I can't wait for conso, pasta is my weakness. Miss it so bad!

I can't wait for conso, pasta is my weakness. Miss it so bad!

You may be surprised Charlie... trust me! I LOVE pasta and really thought I'd go back to it with a vegence - but its funny, once you're allowed certain foods again, you actually choose not to have them. I may have been Dukanized!!! :p

Back