1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Pasta Carbonara

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by jaylou, 27 February 2009 Social URL.

1. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Last night I made the tagliatelli carbonara out of this months magazine - I must admit to being a little sceptical as to the quark/egg mixture but....

It was gorgeous! :)

One of the nicest things I've had in a long time and so simple. I used smoked gammon instead of ham and a full HE choice of parmasan and it was great.

Best of all - the whole family ate it!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Yummy!! I will try this soon.

4. Pink_Peony

Pink_Peony Full Member

Hmmmmm I love carbonara, I might have to try this xxx

5. kjs1628

kjs1628 Surely....

Can you get sw mag in most shops? All these yummy recipes...

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Yep, even my tiny little tesco has it!! It's readily available and a great source of inspiration. :)

7. mojomcl

mojomcl Silver Member

I do my 'carbonara' with a quark, egg, egg yolk, couple of laughing cows & smooth cottage cheese mix. It's lovely. And rather than ham, I fry a Quorn deli slice until crispy and use that. Finish with sheds of fresh black pepper. yum!

8. LadyHelen

LadyHelen No Coffee, No Workee

Think I'm going to give this one a try too - hopefully I'll have better luck than I did with the diet coke chicken! :giggle:

9. lwtblb

lwtblb Silver Member

Been making something very similar for a while now...& yes, in our house it's a family favorite aswell!!

10. Emz118

Emz118 Desperate to be slim!

Oooooh... we're having this on Friday I think (at some point this week anyway!) Glad it's yummy... I'll look forward to it now!

11. Bigchops

Bigchops Full Member

Sounds nice, might have to try it as I have the mag too.

What is Quark though?

Gail x

12. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

Hi Gail, Quark is a soft cheese for cooking which is virtually fat free - I usually get Sainsburys own brand. I imagine you can get it any of the big supermarkets. It is free on both plans. I have used it a couple of times and find it good, mary xx

13. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

Hi there, I have only recently started SW and bought the latest edition in Tesco but I have bought backdated editions on Ebay - just to give me more recipe ideas and I like reading all the inspiring stories! Another positive is they are much cheaper too! Mary xx

14. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

can i have the recipe please hun? or have you put it in the recipe thread? xxx

15. Bigchops

Bigchops Full Member

Thanks, might have to try some Quark x

16. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

Just to say I made this tonight and loved it! When I had read the recipe, like you, I wasn't sure about the quark/egg mix either but it was really quick and tasty - am now sitting here happy and stuffed so a big thank you! xx
    :thankyou:

17. icklerockchick

icklerockchick slow but steady!

anyone care to share the recipe it sounds yummy and its my turn 2 make dinner 2night lol

X

18. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Hi, it's an SW recipe

Fry chopped garlic and chopped bacon/ham/gammon in fry light

Boil some pasta

In a bowl whisk up 58g quark, 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks (although I use 3 whole eggs) with salt, pepper and fresh parsley

Add the cooked pasta to the bacon mixture and stir. Reduce the heat and quickly stir in the egg/quark mixture and heat through. Take care not to overheat or the egg will scramble.

Serve into warmed bowls and add a sprinkle of parmesan (or a HEX worth if you like!)

I make this all the time and it's lovely.

19. icklerockchick

icklerockchick slow but steady!

thanks so much jaylou!

X

20. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

hmmm will have to give it a go.

21. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

I make carbonara once a week! It's my absolute fave SW meal - it tastes so naughty!

I've made it for years, but when I discovered SW and quark, I discovered the joy of making a syn-free carbonara and never looked back :D

I pad mine out with mushrooms and I use HE-B bacon fried til it's nice and crispy. I also use a full HE-A of parmesan so it's really cheesy. I don't miss the cream at all, now I make it this way. And OH loves it :)