Pasta Carbonara

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by jaylou, 27 February 2009.

1. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

Last night I made the tagliatelli carbonara out of this months magazine - I must admit to being a little sceptical as to the quark/egg mixture but....

It was gorgeous! :)

One of the nicest things I've had in a long time and so simple. I used smoked gammon instead of ham and a full HE choice of parmasan and it was great.

Best of all - the whole family ate it!!
  2. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Yummy!! I will try this soon.
  3. Pink_Peony

Pink_Peony Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm I love carbonara, I might have to try this xxx
  4. kjs1628

kjs1628 Surely....

Can you get sw mag in most shops? All these yummy recipes...
  5. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

Yep, even my tiny little tesco has it!! It's readily available and a great source of inspiration. :)
  6. mojomcl

mojomcl Well-Known Member

I do my 'carbonara' with a quark, egg, egg yolk, couple of laughing cows & smooth cottage cheese mix. It's lovely. And rather than ham, I fry a Quorn deli slice until crispy and use that. Finish with sheds of fresh black pepper. yum!
  7. LadyHelen

LadyHelen No Coffee, No Workee

Think I'm going to give this one a try too - hopefully I'll have better luck than I did with the diet coke chicken! :giggle:
  8. lwtblb

lwtblb Well-Known Member

Been making something very similar for a while now...& yes, in our house it's a family favorite aswell!!
  9. Emz118

Emz118 Desperate to be slim!

Oooooh... we're having this on Friday I think (at some point this week anyway!) Glad it's yummy... I'll look forward to it now!
  10. Bigchops

Bigchops Well-Known Member

Sounds nice, might have to try it as I have the mag too.

What is Quark though?

Gail x
  11. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

Hi Gail, Quark is a soft cheese for cooking which is virtually fat free - I usually get Sainsburys own brand. I imagine you can get it any of the big supermarkets. It is free on both plans. I have used it a couple of times and find it good, mary xx
  12. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

Hi there, I have only recently started SW and bought the latest edition in Tesco but I have bought backdated editions on Ebay - just to give me more recipe ideas and I like reading all the inspiring stories! Another positive is they are much cheaper too! Mary xx
  13. rainbow

rainbow Well-Known Member

can i have the recipe please hun? or have you put it in the recipe thread? xxx
  14. Bigchops

Bigchops Well-Known Member

Thanks, might have to try some Quark x
  15. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

Just to say I made this tonight and loved it! When I had read the recipe, like you, I wasn't sure about the quark/egg mix either but it was really quick and tasty - am now sitting here happy and stuffed so a big thank you! xx
  16. icklerockchick

icklerockchick slow but steady!

anyone care to share the recipe it sounds yummy and its my turn 2 make dinner 2night lol

17. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

Hi, it's an SW recipe

Fry chopped garlic and chopped bacon/ham/gammon in fry light

Boil some pasta

In a bowl whisk up 58g quark, 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks (although I use 3 whole eggs) with salt, pepper and fresh parsley

Add the cooked pasta to the bacon mixture and stir. Reduce the heat and quickly stir in the egg/quark mixture and heat through. Take care not to overheat or the egg will scramble.

Serve into warmed bowls and add a sprinkle of parmesan (or a HEX worth if you like!)

I make this all the time and it's lovely.
  18. icklerockchick

icklerockchick slow but steady!

thanks so much jaylou!

19. tara40

tara40 Loves Jensen Ackles

hmmm will have to give it a go.
  20. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Me vs Cake

I make carbonara once a week! It's my absolute fave SW meal - it tastes so naughty!

I've made it for years, but when I discovered SW and quark, I discovered the joy of making a syn-free carbonara and never looked back :D

I pad mine out with mushrooms and I use HE-B bacon fried til it's nice and crispy. I also use a full HE-A of parmesan so it's really cheesy. I don't miss the cream at all, now I make it this way. And OH loves it :)