Pasta Carbonara

jaylou

Gold Member
Last night I made the tagliatelli carbonara out of this months magazine - I must admit to being a little sceptical as to the quark/egg mixture but....

It was gorgeous! :)

One of the nicest things I've had in a long time and so simple. I used smoked gammon instead of ham and a full HE choice of parmasan and it was great.

Best of all - the whole family ate it!!

Yummy!! I will try this soon.

Can you get sw mag in most shops? All these yummy recipes...

I do my 'carbonara' with a quark, egg, egg yolk, couple of laughing cows & smooth cottage cheese mix. It's lovely. And rather than ham, I fry a Quorn deli slice until crispy and use that. Finish with sheds of fresh black pepper. yum!

Think I'm going to give this one a try too - hopefully I'll have better luck than I did with the diet coke chicken! :giggle:

Been making something very similar for a while now...& yes, in our house it's a family favorite aswell!!

Oooooh... we're having this on Friday I think (at some point this week anyway!) Glad it's yummy... I'll look forward to it now!

Hi Gail, Quark is a soft cheese for cooking which is virtually fat free - I usually get Sainsburys own brand. I imagine you can get it any of the big supermarkets. It is free on both plans. I have used it a couple of times and find it good, mary xx

can i have the recipe please hun? or have you put it in the recipe thread? xxx

Last night I made the tagliatelli carbonara out of this months magazine - I must admit to being a little sceptical as to the quark/egg mixture but....

It was gorgeous! :)
Just to say I made this tonight and loved it! When I had read the recipe, like you, I wasn't sure about the quark/egg mix either but it was really quick and tasty - am now sitting here happy and stuffed so a big thank you! xx
:thankyou:

anyone care to share the recipe it sounds yummy and its my turn 2 make dinner 2night lol

X

Hi, it's an SW recipe

Fry chopped garlic and chopped bacon/ham/gammon in fry light

Boil some pasta

In a bowl whisk up 58g quark, 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks (although I use 3 whole eggs) with salt, pepper and fresh parsley

Add the cooked pasta to the bacon mixture and stir. Reduce the heat and quickly stir in the egg/quark mixture and heat through. Take care not to overheat or the egg will scramble.

Serve into warmed bowls and add a sprinkle of parmesan (or a HEX worth if you like!)

I make this all the time and it's lovely.

thanks so much jaylou!

X

I make carbonara once a week! It's my absolute fave SW meal - it tastes so naughty!

I've made it for years, but when I discovered SW and quark, I discovered the joy of making a syn-free carbonara and never looked back :D

I pad mine out with mushrooms and I use HE-B bacon fried til it's nice and crispy. I also use a full HE-A of parmesan so it's really cheesy. I don't miss the cream at all, now I make it this way. And OH loves it :)

Back