Pasta Carbonara

Thanks for letting us know about this, I quite often see recipes like that and read through the ingredients and think it doesn't sound too nice. so at least I know now it'll be worth a try, its another good one for the whole family to have and I'm always looking for recipes like that! Thanks

Even better on EE Hellie cos the bacon is freeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I also stick a whole HEX of parmesan in. It's a fab meal and I love it more cos my daughter will eat it so no messing about with separate meals or leaving bits out of meals!

New mag out tonight so hopefully more inspiration for recipes ;-)

Thanks for letting us know about this, I quite often see recipes like that and read through the ingredients and think it doesn't sound too nice. so at least I know now it'll be worth a try, its another good one for the whole family to have and I'm always looking for recipes like that! Thanks

I don't think I've ever done a bad SW recipe really. It's just a case of giving them a try :D

That looks great Stacey, do you syn the olive oil or use fry light? I actually have this cook book - perhaps I need to get it out!

I've just tried a recipe that Nadia Sawalha included in her magazine column (?Woman's Own). She said it was given to her by an Italian chef, turned taxi driver, who insisted the proper way to make carbonara is without cream. I liked it partly because I'm not fussy on creamy sauces (prefer spicy) and partly because it was so quick to make.

Ingredients (for one person):
75g dry weight spaghetti
1 large egg yolk
15g grated fresh parmesan
2 slices of lean bacon, fat removed
Salt & black pepper

Boil spaghetti in salted water.
Dry fry (or Fly Light) bacon and set aside.
Put egg yolk and parmesan in bowl and stir.
Drain spaghetti when cooked.
Stir in yolk/parmesan mixture and add bacon.
Liberal black pepper.

Parmesan can be from your hexb or 3 syns (EE).

I had it on the table in about ten minutes - godsend when I arrived home hungry and footsore from a shopping trip. Really tasty.

Last edited:
Back