Pasta n Sauce - Free or not?

summerrose

I read on here that some pasta n sauces were free but according to the food optimising book my friend has they are 2.5 syns...which is right? Is my friends book old?

Some are free! They are:- Bolognese, chicken & mushroom, chicken & roasted garlic, creamy chicken & herb, creamy tikka masala, mild cheese & broccoli, mushroom & wine, tomato onion & herb. Of course this is only when made with water and no milk/butter, but you could use milk as a HEXa if you wanted to!X

^^ are these the Batchelor's ones? Beware of own brand supermarket pasta in sauces, they are not the same values as Batchelor's.

I had chicken n mush last night to make a quiche just made with water and counted it as 1.5 syns so guess didnt need that then!!!

^^ are these the Batchelor's ones? Beware of own brand supermarket pasta in sauces, they are not the same values as Batchelor's.

Sorry Jaylou, I should have said! Yes I was purely looking at the Batchelors ones in the Food Directory as when she said 'Pasta n Sauce' I just assumed she meant Batchelors- didn't think about other makes, but yes you're right, she'd have to be careful/use syn calculator!X

Ah, SarahP, to complicate things for you 10 fold, the officiall advice from SW is that if using Pasta n Sauce to make a quiche you do need to syn it because it's not being used in its original form, as the main part of a meal!! They say this to protect us from overdoing it! But I'm not sure how you'd go about synning it!!! Someone else mightX

Ah it doesnt actually say Bachelors, sorry girls, I am just getting myself confused trying to figure this diet out!

Thanks for the list of free ones, I will need to stock up!

Some have been discontinued. I know the bolognese one has, that used to be my fave.

omg thats ridiculous!!! Oh well only used 5 syns if I counted it so should be fine xx

Just to point out mild cheese and brocoli isn't free it's 1/2 a syn.

Hi Wendy, they must have changed that then as mild cheese & broccoli it's listed as free in my food directory (2009 edition- they've brought out a new one for this year) It's difficult to keep track of everything!!x

I know funcurls it is hard to keep track! I'm going by the syns online and it says 1/2. I only mentioned it because even tho it's only 1/2, if you have a few over the week it could add up. xx

Hi Wendy, they must have changed that then as mild cheese & broccoli it's listed as free in my food directory (2009 edition- they've brought out a new one for this year) It's difficult to keep track of everything!!x
aint it just haha!! thats why this forum is a godsend!!
Although, the way I see it, if it was in a previous book, it must have worked then, soI try not to get too stressed about things....if it worked for thousands of people in 2006...why not now? Haha.

Although I understand certain recipes change etc...but like you said, it is very hard to keep upto date on everything xx

I'm having the tomato one for dinner tonight as I'm rushing out - they are a godsend when I'm busy. one of our members was talking about a 1 syn veg chilli ready meal but I can't remember where she got it - any ideas?

Hi everyone I need help. how do i get the tickler weight loss thing?
I am loving this.

Hello Jellybabys!

Click on someone elses ticker and it will help you make your own! Once its made copy the html it gives you into the signature option on 'user cp' you can preview beofre you save to make sure its worked.

Back