Green Day Pasta Samosa's

Ruth

I can't remember where on this site I got the idea from... but whoever it was, Thank you!!!

These are lush, just wish I could find bigger lasagne sheets so I can make bigger ones, I want to fill them with veg!

I had a struggle closing the end off, so a few bit fell out...

Even my other half who isn't on the diet said, wow, these do taste like a samosa... I about fell off my chair! He did also suggested putting the pasta sheet in a cupcake tray so I could fill it with more of the mix, but I don't think they would go crisp doing it this way... any ideas?

Did you soak them first? They usually go soft the so when you have folded them, allow them to dry or put them in the freezer for a time!

Yeah I boiled em for a bit, dried them off a touch and filled em... should I have waiting a bit?

Could you not stick two pasta sheet together to make it bigger after boiling them x

Oooo never thought of that! Duh! Lol! Thanks I'll give it ago! :)

The recipe is... to be honest works well for two different option.

Samosa's, I just mixed a little mixed veg with boiled potatoes cut into chunks, mixed with some curry powder, garam masala and a bit of chilli powder, mix it altogether and put on a pre-boiled lasagne sheet, folded into a triangle and put on a baking tray, spray with fry light 160 for about 15-20 mins.

Spring rolls, stir fry some stir fry veg with soy sauce and then fill a pre-boiled lasagne sheet rolled up and cook in the oven as above.

:)

You can also do them with filo pastry! Recipe below.....

Pete’s Samosas

Veg Samosas (makes 36 )(1syn each)

1/2tsp garam masala
1/2tsp chilli powder
1/2tsp turmeric
1/2tsp cumin
1/2tsp hot madras curry powder
1/2tsp garlic salt
1tsp Amchoor powder
1tsp ground coriander
1 onion, finely chopped (s)(sf)
6 Jus Rol Filo pastry sheets (each sheet is 6 syns but is cut into 6=1 syn)
4 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked & mashed (ff)
110g frozen peas (ss)(ff)
1 red chilli, deseeded & chopped

In a microwave cook the peas for 5 mins, set aside. In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light cook the curry powder, Amchoor, chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, curry powder, garlic salt, coriander, onion, potatoes & peas and stir-fry for 5 mins.
Remove from the heat and add the red chilli, garam masala, season well and set aside.
Heat the oven to 180c; line a baking tray with baking parchment. Working quickly, place six filo sheets on top of each other and cut in half, then cut each half into three strips lengthways giving you 36 pieces, lay out and spray with Fry Light, place a spoonful of the mixture at the bottom of the strip and fold diagonally to enclose the ingredients and form a triangle, press down and fold again until you reach the end, seal the edge down with a pastry brush dipped in water. Repeat until all 36 are made.
Place on a tray and spray with Fry Light and bake for 12-13 mins or until golden in colour, serve while warm.

Samosas-2 (Small).JPG

Back