Pasta

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by vickydink, 26 August 2009 Social URL.

1. vickydink

vickydink Determined!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(26.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Right

I love pasta but i have learnt to cut it out a bit but there will be days when there is nothing else in and i really dancy it and i have had it but then it leaves me heavy for weighing the next morning.

I can never work out cals so i most of the time roughly guess how many cals im having.
    It would be great if i could measure out the dry weight of it for 1 portion into sandwich bags ready, so all i have to do is bung it into a pan but i dont know how much in weight would equal to what cals in a portion?

By the time you add cheese or chicken or whatever to it would it not be mega loads?

Hope that makes sense...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LaLaLou

LaLaLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.74%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I tend to weigh out 50g dried pasta per portion, that gives you a fair amount. According to the calorie calculator I use the values are:

50g dried twists: 177 cals
    50g dried penne: 178 cals
    50g dried fusilli: 176 cals

So not much difference in them all.

4. kimber

kimber Full Member

Hi vicky

I tend to have 75g of brown pasta either spaghetti or fusili for main dinner meals this is 237 calories, I always tend to bulk it out with loads of veg.
    For lunches I have 50g which is more than enough and that is 158 cals

x

5. vickydink

vickydink Determined!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(26.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Great, thankyou.

I think once im moved into my own house and stuff and settled i might weight them out then put into bags so i know what i am having :) Mum bought me some trendy new weighing scales today s can do it using them ;)

6. Stirky7

Stirky7 Believe!

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimfast/JUDDD
    There are lots of low cal pasta sauces (either fresh or jars) you can get, really nice too. I even had a regular tesco fresh tomato sauce which was lovely and only 86 cals for a serving :) Sometimes I'll use soup as a pasta sauce too, sounds weird but tastes yummy!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.