• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Pasta

Right

I love pasta but i have learnt to cut it out a bit but there will be days when there is nothing else in and i really dancy it and i have had it but then it leaves me heavy for weighing the next morning.

I can never work out cals so i most of the time roughly guess how many cals im having.
It would be great if i could measure out the dry weight of it for 1 portion into sandwich bags ready, so all i have to do is bung it into a pan but i dont know how much in weight would equal to what cals in a portion?

By the time you add cheese or chicken or whatever to it would it not be mega loads?

Hope that makes sense...

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I tend to weigh out 50g dried pasta per portion, that gives you a fair amount. According to the calorie calculator I use the values are:

50g dried twists: 177 cals
50g dried penne: 178 cals
50g dried fusilli: 176 cals

So not much difference in them all.

Hi vicky

I tend to have 75g of brown pasta either spaghetti or fusili for main dinner meals this is 237 calories, I always tend to bulk it out with loads of veg.
For lunches I have 50g which is more than enough and that is 158 cals

x

Great, thankyou.

I think once im moved into my own house and stuff and settled i might weight them out then put into bags so i know what i am having :) Mum bought me some trendy new weighing scales today s can do it using them ;)

There are lots of low cal pasta sauces (either fresh or jars) you can get, really nice too. I even had a regular tesco fresh tomato sauce which was lovely and only 86 cals for a serving :) Sometimes I'll use soup as a pasta sauce too, sounds weird but tastes yummy!