Pate Recipe Anyone???

Sugar'n'Spice

Ive just seen a recipe for syn free pate! i think it was with tuna and i was very impressed but now i cant find it again to write it down! DOH!
Can someone help me pleaseeeee x x x

I can help with a syn free chicken and bacon pate, but not tuna. are you interested in that instead?

Unfotunately I can't help with the Tuna pate. I hope you find what you're looking for. Angie, I would be interested in the chicken and bacon pate if you're willing to share :) Thanks

Of course!

8oz chicken livers (I used a 250g tub from the freezer section - 99p I think)
1 clove garlic, crushed
salt and pepper
vlf fromage frais
1 chopped onion
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
4oz chopped bacon

onion + bacon + herbs, fry til soft
add the livers, season, and cook for 7 minutes

transfer to a food processor, and blend until smooth

add the fromage frais 1 spoon at a time until you get the right consistency.

chill and store (covered) in the fridge - makes PLENTY tastes exactly like the 'real thing' and is free on red or EE :D

Mmmm thank you very much hun. Much appreciated. I will give it a go :)

My Dad does a 'free' one with smoked makerel (sp?). I'm not much into fish, but it is mucho-tasty.

I'd be interested in the mackerel recipe mojomcl if you don't mind sharing - anything to increase my weekly oily fish :D

haha ooo im glad i posted this thread now! they sound very intersting!! i love pate too hehe av made a note of them! Cheers! x x x

tuna pate - kinda

i don't know if this is what you are looking for, but i make my own 'kinda' tuna pate using the laughing cow light from the HEX A.
I just take a drained can of tuna and mix it up with the cheese triangles, add some finely chopped spring onion, some black pepper or anything else free that i feel like adding.

hope this helps

This is scrummy take a lemon scoop out inside. Mix in a bowl a tablespoon of lemon juice VLF philladelpia cheese little black pepper and a tin of drained sardines. Put back in the lemon skin... Think its free on Red

Here you go:

Tuna pate
- 1x Tin of tuna
- handful of chives
- 1/2 tub of quark
Blend all together and chill.

Or try this:

Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes
- 8 tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 198gm (7oz) can tuna in brine, drained
- 5tbsp very low fat cottage cheese
- 2tsp lemon juice
- Few shakes of vinegar
1.Cut the tops off the tomatoes and set aside. Scoop out the tomato seeds and discard. Season inside the tomato cases with salt and pepper.
2.Mix together the tuna, cottage cheese, lemon juice and vinegar.
3.Divide the tuna mixture between the tomato cases, filling each one generously.
4.Place the tomato lids on top of the stuffing, pressing down gently to secure

Both are syn free on original or extra easy.

I've just found a recipe for Chicken liver & brandy pate in an old SW magazine booklet. Copyright obviously SW.

1 onion
2 garlic cloves
113g bacon
113g closed cap mushrooms
397g chicken livers
small handful parsley
85mL stock made with chicken Bovril
2 tbsp brandy
salt & pepper
113g quark

1. Chop onion, crush garlic, remove fat from bacon and dice, chop mushrooms, chicken livers and parsley.
2. Put onion, garlic and stock in pan and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add bacon and mushrooms, cook for another 5 minutes stirring constantly until lightly browned.
3. Add chicken livers, parsley, brandy and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Season well, then allow to cool.
4. When cool, transfer to food processor, add quark and blend until smooth. Divide between 6 ramekins and chill until needed.

Serves 6, 1 syn per serving on Original.

Here is a Salmon one if that's any good to you:

Salmon Pate

Syns per Serving | Original - Syn Free
Servings | 1

Ingredients
- 1 tub very low fat cottage cheese
- 1 small tin red or pink salmon (or use mackerel fillets in tomato sauce)
- 10 seafood sticks
- freshly ground black pepper

Method
1. Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth.

2. Serve on your favourite Healthy Extra serving of crispbreads for a tasty free snack on an Original day

Hi Ladies
Can I ask how you eat your pate? jacket spuds, cripsbreads, toast?

Makerl Pate

I know of a Mackerel Pate, :)

1 x John West tin of Makerel in mustard
2 x tin of Makerel in brine, drained
1 x tub of quark
dash of tabbasco if wish
or season with what else you like experiment on your own tastes

Blend altogether in a blender, use how you wish, I have also used makerel in tomato sauce but the mustard is better.

Thank you all for the recipies My diet has become so much more interesting since joining MiniMins

Back