Paul McKenna - i can make you thin

Hi!! Well I've had an ok few days..not great but ok. Probably ate a bit too much but majoriTy was 'good' stuff! not been on scales for ages but can tell by my clothes at very least have maintained. Am still so determined that this is gonna work tho. I seem to have a new found enthusiasm!! i too am gonna make a conscious effort to up the exercise this week. Just been into town and seen loads i want to buy so thats gonna be my reward!!

SO how is everybody getting on?
I'm feeling really good in myself the last couple of days. I've really noticed when I am actually hungry. I won't lie, I am rubbish at eating slowly and knowing when I am full. I tend to eat half of what I am eating, then stop. If I'm hungry again then I will carry on. I do have to chuck my food as soon as I'm finished to make sure that I don't eat the rest out of boredom.

Hope everyone's doing well :)

I bought the book/CD a few years ago and whilst it made sense I didn't really stick with it. I joined Slimming World in October 2011 and got the CD and book out again. This time it was brilliant and the two work really well together. For me it was about eating what I really wanted, but this time I was really wanting much healthier foods and making better choices. I bought the 90-day success diary in January and followed it for the best part of a 6-weeks until I got to my target weight, life got busy and I felt I didn't need it. It's there for me if things go downhill, but for over six months now I've been loving SW Extra Easy, going to gym 3xweek and taken up running. I broke my hand 4 weeks ago and still in plaster, so I haven't exercised as much, but I'm still positive, eating well and within my target zone. Three things need to come together - healthy food, exercise and positive thinking ... Paul McKenna was a big part of this for me, but not the only part.

Hi i found the same i started using the CD when i joined slimming world its works great with slimming world it helps me get rid of the chocolate cravings i used to have now i can settle for a curly wurly or treat size choc bags but before if i had one id have abt 5 or 6 i was addicted to chocolate xx

Hi everyone:)

Thought I would join in, I've done I Can Make You Thin before and it worked wonders, lost about 25lbs. So far this year I've lost 2 stone in 6 months doing Weight Watchers and now getting rather fed up with it so thought I'd try this as I know it works as well - gotta keep going!:) I have 33lbs until I am a healthy weight but I know this plan is for life.

At the moment the rule I'm finding hardest is choosing what I actually really want to eat - I just don't know alot of the time, it's weird! Sure I'll get there though cos I did it before, just have to practice.

Hope everyone is getting on well with doing this:) It does make so much sense and no worrying about points or calories!:)

I'll follow your progress. I listened to it a few times last week as I hadn't for a while and remembered to after reading/posting here. I'm at target and meant to be maintaining but lost another 1.5lb last week so not sure if I should still be listening - lol!! I figure my body will know when to stop losing weight, I exercise, eat healthily and I don't go hungry. I also find the CD helps me relax and get to sleep, so it is helping me in that way too.

I used the 90 day success journal but only did it for 45 days or so. I found it very beneficial but it was towards the end of my journey so I let it lapse as I was doing so well (and continued to, otherwise I would have gone back to it). I'll read back through the journal and give you tips along the way if you would like.

I found the whole thing to be very motivational, got me in the right frame of mind, and worked very well with Slimming World (think I posted about that earlier).

I will look forward to following and helping you with your journey.:angel09:

Great stuff! Yep, still following SW and stay for group every week. Have increased my HE and relaxed a bit with the syns but still losing weight. In my head I think I've pigged out sometimes and yesterday I was really full, but when I think about what I've actually eaten it isn't that much. I think the reprogramming has worked!!

I've had a weird 2 months as I broke my hand and it was in plaster, which meant no gym or running but I still got to target. Have just resumed running so seeing where my weight goes.

Stick with this as I'm sure you can make it work, especially as you already know what works with healthy eating.

hi ladies! im soooo glad that i found this thread.I started " intuitive eating" 3 days ago. I didnt realise that paul mckennas book is based on the same principles? After years of dieting, binge eating and self hatred cycles i find it so liberating! how are you all getting on? x

hello there!
3 lbs is brill! i havent weight myself yet, only going to be doing it once every month as weightloss is not my primary reason for doing intuitive eating. i just want to be at peace with it:( at the moment my eating is a bit crazy, as it can be expected i've been eating all the foods that i previously restricted , fully enjoying every bite and stopping when full, its getting easier and easier every day.im actually starting to crave veg and fruit after initial pizza and chocolate 'diet' . i dont think i can ever go back to any diets after learning about IE xxx

im starting this today, i bought the book and CD, but the App was on the store so i got that aswel, gonna go for a lay down with Paul
, wish me luck!!!

Good luck Marie :)

Just listened to Paul, and boy is that man good, i now feel relaxed and confident i can do this, just need to remember to listen to him everynight and fill in the journal,

The journal is brilliant. I find that listening to him at night is so relaxing that I fall asleep. I used to set my alarm 30 mins earlier in the morning and listen to it before I get up and then fill in the journal whilst having breakfast. I would also listen at bed time for a good night's sleep.

A friend suffers from insomnia and was contemplating using his "I can make you sleep" CD - I recommended she get the "Thin" one - that way she would fall asleep and lose weight!

Hi girls I'm back on Paul McKenna as soon as I think of diets I'm hungry !!!! this plan is fabulous, I have 6 stone to go but 6 lbs down in week one without counting, weighing or saying no is amazing :)

I am onto day three and have lost 2lbs,(I know were not meant to weigh ourselfs but old habits...) I don't feel guilty bout eating and I am enjoying what I eat again, good luck. Well done with your weight loss

Well done on your 2lbs and you're right 20 years of diet habits won't be changed overnight !!! I've had a good day today ended up leaving half of my dinner too !!!!

Thank you, i haven't managed to do his first piece of homework, (stand in front of the mirror and say what you like) think this one will be the hardest of them all, my boyfriend loves day two homework, the picture one, i have a picture of Kelly brook on my phone, lol, how you finding the homework??? xxx

I've not been doing the mirror exercises just using the cd's I went to Paul's seminar have seen him twice in London. Each time I have started this I've not kept it up so this time I'm focussing on the longer term not a short term fix :)

Have you read his book. I loved that. It's in my bag now so when I am on bus etc I just read it. I would love to see him. Im wanting to stick to it. Think out of all the diets I've tried I think this one will be best x

Back