PaulaJ's LT TFR Diary Started 06/01/11

Hi, can i just ask how a private prescription for LT works, im new to this and was wondering if i'd get help from the GP

great reading your diary...keep it up :)

It will definitely be worth it!! All of it will be :) Jacko77 im not to sure about private prescriptions as i do mine through the pharmacy but if you give your GP a ring he should be able to help you out. :) x

Hi, can i just ask how a private prescription for LT works, im new to this and was wondering if i'd get help from the GP

great reading your diary...keep it up :)

Thanks Jacko! :D

Well I just basically asked my doctor what the options were for losing weight with his support, I had a slipped disc at the time and so was seeing him every few days.

He suggested LT, I'd never heard of it before, talked me through it and I thought long and hard before deciding it was what I wanted to do. He advised that because it wasn't something that the NHS would help out with, he'd have to write me a private prescription. Basically a plain piece of paper with his stamp on it and 21 shakes a week for 12 weeks. I took it along to my pharmacy - who are not actually LT pharmacy program registered - and they sorted me out with the shakes. I still haven't managed to figure out if its officially cheaper on prescription, shouldn't be, but by some miracle they are only charging me £27 a week. As I've said before though, I do think this is because the pharmacy are disorganised and too lazy to check the correct price.

I've just done it this way because I'm getting support from my doctor, it kind of makes you more serious about it because I don't want to waste the doctors precious time. It's not like having a giggle with your ww leader because you've put a few pound on due to the bag of chips you ate, if you know what I mean, it seems more serious. Also, my nearest pharmacy program is in the next town and it's not as convenient for me.

Hope that helps, not sure if there are any financial benefits as I haven't spoken to anyone else on prescription but it works for me xx

Cool thanks for getting back to me.. I'm also going on LT because I had a bad accident and smashed 3 discs 4 years ago, have had major probs with my back... In turn putting on lots of weight, I can't wait to get started :)

How are you managing the pain Jacko, are painkillers a daily thing for you? I know how bad 1 disc is but 3??? oooft!

Make sure your head is in the right place and LT will be your friend, maybe not a bestie or anthing, but a good acquaintance lol. Make sure you let us all know how you're getting along, I couldn't have managed the first week without these lovely people on here, good luck, when do you start? xx

Well I asked people on here if there was anyone in my area wanting to start, heard nothing so I'm gonna start on Monday.. Can't wait!!
I'm on tramadol and morphine patches for when it's real bad, I hoping with the weight loss it'll also help with the pain.

Glad I found this website :) :)

Cool, all the best to you! One thing I wished I'd known before starting...

try to cut down on carbs before monday apparently it makes your transisition into ketosis a bit easier/quicker.

Start a diary too, it's good for just getting things out and we can support you/tell you off :D

and you might find you need a lower dose of your painkillers while on this. Mine are much weaker than yours and they really knock me out now! (or take the same amount and knock yourself out for the first week haha!)

How's it going Paula? I only had chance to honk last night (!) coz me and the oh had a quiet night in with some films, the ipad was glaring at me across the room! I get so obsessed on this site, and with my wedding sites as well I think he's a bit neglected!!! Day 12 and feeling ok, I'm in work today and no doubt it'll be dead so plenty of catch up time! Have a fab day x

haha! I know what you mean about being obsessed, my poor cat was desperately trying to get a proper cuddle from me last night doing his little spin dance on the arm of the sofa but I was too busy on the laptop and so he had to put up with a half hearted, one handed occasional stroke lol Hubby was playing his PS3, no such luck for a quiet night in with films for me! :D

I'm still doing OK, getting into my book a little bit more but finding it a bit difficult to identify with the overeater's they talk about. Of course I do eat for emotional reasons occasionally but properly thinking about it, I just didn't care what I ate... I haven't ever properly looked at what my body needs nutritionally and I have always just eaten what I fancy with no restraint! I have been lazy when it comes to food, I don't organise my meals I just eat whatever is readily available and this is often when I have left thinking about food until I'm starving which as we all know is when we'll shove anything into our gobs! I'm going to carry on reading it though because it is obviously making me think about my relationship with food.

Anyway, day 11 and I have no desire to be anything other than 100% today and am hoping to get to the monumental "stone off" goal I have set myself this week. It's no big deal if I don't make it because I know it'll be gone soon enough but it would be nice :D

Hope you have a good day, back to work for me tomorrow so will mostly be getting myself prepared for that. I'll squeeze in a bit of knitting and of course spend a bit of time on here being sickeningly positive :D

Positive thoughts and all that! xxx

PAula,, are you wearing your new scarf today? Glad the book is going ok,,at least as you said its making you think about the food relationship you have, thats really important!...

fingers crossed for the one stone! im sure youll get it no bother..:) Also ive realised i spend waaayyy more time on here than on facebook,, fb is boring now..minimins all the way :D

hope the rest of your day goes well :D xx

Actually I am wearing my scarf, I didn't get round to blocking it on Friday so have done it today. Feels weird wearing something I have made. It's all cosy. I've decided I'm going to call it my "week one scarf" and going to try to get through different projects each week. Got a hat on the go at the moment, just a black one... I'll have to start taking pictures to look back on and bore you to tears with haha!

Having a bit of back pain again today, will have to bring this up with the doc next time I see him. I don't want to be on these painkillers forever. There must be something else I can do :(

thats great you have little goals and things to keep you occupied,,,and warm lol :) sorry to hear about your back...:( get to the docs quick and see what he can do! x

Well initially I thought I'd be happy with about 4 stone off, then I thought I'd try for 11st because I can (just about) remember being happy with my size back then. Apparently that still makes me overweight so going to TRY to get to 10st and then I've got about 10lbs to play with in the healthy BMI range.

I don't know if I'm going to make it but going to give it a good go! Thinking about coming off LT closer to the time and following a low GI/ww/low carb once the bulk of the weight is off.

What about you?

At the moment I would like to get to 14 and a half, because I have been there and I still felt I had a way to go but i did feel great! I think I am supposed to be 12, but I can't imagine being that thin, I have always been a big rugby player build broad shoulders etc.. So I wonder if I would look weird, but it might be nice to find out!

Anyway 14 and a half is my initial place to get to!

I'll wait and see!

Yeah, 14.5 stone would be about right for my oh too. He's muscular and big built. He really wouldn't look good too thin, I didn't marry a weedy man, its not my bag lol! He's going to start soon, I'll keep you up to date on his progress, I'm guessing it would be nice to see how another man is doing - he's 5' 11" and around 18st. :D

beating the pounds together is always good :) your house will be full of positivity :) sent you back a pm..x

How was your weekend Paula? Just glad I've got today off work, the penicillin is being a nasty med today and I'm scared to go further than 10 metres from the loo! Day 13 for me, no inclination to stray today, I'm gonna make it to a fortnight on the trot! Or trots :( lol

Back