PaulaJ's LT TFR Diary Started 06/01/11

Hiya!

Well what a day (hubby just informed me that it is Black Monday today, whatever that is... sounds about right!)

Left home this morning at 8.15am and just got in at 8.15pm, have only just managed to have my lunchtime shake, God only knows how I'm going to fit in my 3rd.

The day started OK, got on really well with my new service user who I started with today but over-ran by about 10 mins making me late for my next one who can be a bit tetchy at times, so I was worried about that, in the mean time the Dulcolax that I took last night kicked in big time! Won't go into detail but not pleasant!! Got through 3 hours with the tetchy one - no chance for a shake. Made it to my next 2 hour appointment ok but then she wasn't home, had to hang around in the p!ssing rain for half an hour waiting for her, managed to get shake one in. The last 2 hours with my last service user were fine but never have enough time with him so rushed off my feet again.

Picked my mum up from work and when I got in, hubby reminded me about a chamber of commerce meeting I was supposed to be at. I haven't been to the last few because I finish too late for the meeting, however they specially changed the meeting time to accommodate me so felt I had to go, even though I was still going to be 15 mins late. Meeting went on a bit too long for my liking and I was bursting for the loo so excused myself early and finally got in at 8.15pm.

I suppose it's good to be busy but it was a bit too busy for my first day back at work! I've got this week at normal hours before my colleague is off for a fortnight and I am covering almost all of her sessions, phew! It'll be mid Feb before I can start thinking about a day off. Hopefully by then I'll be halfway on my 12 week journey and the next few weeks will have whizzed by :D

Anyway still 100%, :D never really was into pasties and pies but the smell of them in town today was divine, any cravings I had soon passed and even managed to stick to just a black coffee whilst one of my services users scoffed down an all day breakfast for lunch! I found it actually didn't bother me, woohoo :D

How has everyone else been today, just going to spy on you now while watching The Biggest Loser on ITV xx

hey hey hey!!! :) gosh you were busy today!... i completely understand where you were heading with that ducolax...when it kicks in it really kicks in and you have no choice but to find a loo!!!... hope you were wrapped up warm while standing in the rain..dont need you getting sick! ... I suppose its good to keep busy so time will fly by,,just maybe not as busy as you were today! but its over and you can relax now yaayyy :) well done on 100 percent today... ive been 100 percent too even with my cravings and headaches :) early night for us all i think,..im knackered! xx

Ohhh, busy, busy bee :) Hope tomorrow is a bit quieter for you xx

Got a quieter one today phew! A 2 hour meeting at work, pick up shakes and possibly soup at pharmacy and then chilling out (!) in the family shop with my hubby.

I've decided not to change my weigh in day, going to keep to a Thurs. I'm weighing in at home now anyway so it doesn't matter. Roll on Thurs.

Don't have much time this morning to update so I hope everyone has a good day xx

Have a good day Paula :)

All sounding good Paula....x

have a good day girlie.. and enjoy the less hectic lifestyle today :D x

Got a bit more time to spend on here tonight so intend on catching up with everyone :D

Just a thought I had today as I was driving home from my meeting...

Firstly I was more aware than usual of the amount of miserable overweight people I saw walking around town today but this one woman I saw stood out to me. She wasn't totally obese like me or anything, maybe only 14/15stone ish but she was wearing a rugby shirt a few times too small which did her no favours. I could see every roll of fat, her trousers must have been a bit small too, her face was miserable and I just thought... I do not want to be that person. I'm sorry that I'm feeding off someone else's misery but it made me feel good that I am doing something about my weight :giggle:

Back to LT, quite boring actually! Been 100% again today, will have my last shake about 8pm and yeah getting on OK, still getting the odd craving but am managing them better. Just bored and impatient, still weighing myself every day and scales still going down in small increments hoping for about 5lbs off this week which is still fantastic and would take me to my stone off target :D

Saw a customer in our shop today and she politely asked if I had lost weight, I was delighted she'd noticed to be honest! I had been thinking myself that I'm looking less puffy but for someone else to notice after less than a stone off?? Maybe she was just being nice lol

Hope you're all OK xxx

Hi Paula,

noticed that your taking ducolax. How soon after starting lipotrim did you find you had a problem with constipation and how often do you plan on taking it?

I remember when i was low carbing a couple of years back and having problems with bowel movements, it was hell, it was sooo bad that it made me fall off the wagon. Really want to prepare myself this time.

Yes, it does feel good about doing something about our weight. After all, no one is gonna do it for us.

Yeah, I get the impatient thing, I wish I could fast foward 20 weeks and be close to goal. Guess i'm just gonna have to take one day at a time.:sigh:

Hope the rest of your evening goes well.

I think it's always a little boost when someone says you look like you've lost some weight, makes you smile inside :) sounds like you're doing really well, keep it up x

Your doing great Paula, you inspire me!

I have always found in the past when I am near goal people I haven't seen in ages say hey your looking great!! My brain flicks a switch that says Yes!! You have done it and I give up and go back to normal!

When I did Cambridge a few years ago I told people not to tell me I was doing well so I would keep going! It worked!

My brain is stupid!!

Hi Paula,

noticed that your taking ducolax. How soon after starting lipotrim did you find you had a problem with constipation and how often do you plan on taking it?

I remember when i was low carbing a couple of years back and having problems with bowel movements, it was hell, it was sooo bad that it made me fall off the wagon. Really want to prepare myself this time.

Hi Den, love a bit of poo talk lol

I think I noticed about day 5, but I am also on codeine which is a well known constipator! - if that's even a word?!? Had a REAL problem on Saturday (day 10) and did not want that to happen again so took a Dulcolax and got the opposite problem yesterday! I don't want to take any laxatives long term, that can't be good for you! So have ordered some psillium husks on Ebay and have just bought some fibresure to get me through until they arrive. Will let you know how I get on (if you're interested!? lol

How are you doing? xx

Oh the good ole poo talk! You've gotta love it! Before my penicillin fiasco I found the fibre sure worked a treat but others haven't, so I guess it's a bit of trial and error. Glad to see your on the straight and narrow Paula x

Claire, love the red shoes on your sig!

Just leaving for work in a mo, am hoping to be home around 3pm where I'll have some peace and quiet to spend some time on here :D been a bit distracted lately. Have a good day everyone, see you later xx

hihi!!... glad to see youre 100percenting it still :) ... i get the same feeling when i see other people,,,its weird i notice overweight people more when im on this diet. Its probably because im looking at everybodys body wondering what i would like to look like. Its great to know we are actually doing something..and paving our future ourselves!!.. hope work went ok today..im off to have a catch up of everybodys posts! :) x

hey Paula iv just read back over the posts i missed :'
i had to take a day out and get busy because i was obsessing :(
ill get round to replying to the private message you sent me at some point today also. i always have good intentions and flick through my emails but then someone seems to want something and i forget what i was doing lol x you are doing great...look forward to hearing what you have lost this week x

Back