PaulaJ's LT TFR Diary Started 06/01/11

Great loss Paula.. Well done hun x x

Well done Paula :D xx

Hey, I'm still here. Been 100% all week, haven't been on much because I'm finding Minimins hard going at the moment. I'm just going to keep honking and occasionally update this if that's OK.

Getting a bit annoyed this week, my weight loss seems to have slowed down quite a bit. I'm down to 17st 11lbs this morning so 2lbs off since wi. It's frustrating because I'm doing this week completely 100% as a test, my past 3 weeks I had eaten a tuna salad or an egg etc and I'm still having the thoughts about being able to lose a bit more on other diets. I know everyone is going to say that 2lbs off is still a good loss BUT I'm a lot heavier than most people on here and I'm not happy with the sacrifice to loss ratio!! lol

Anyway still working away, got a day off finally a week on Thursday!! Can't come soon enough! I love my job but I think I've pushed myself a bit hard this month and I don't think the lt rage is being soothed by working this much ha! Hubby started LT on Thurs and he's having a hard time adjusting, I hope he's in ketosis today... he's being getting really bad heartburn - anyone else get that?

Roll on Thurs for official weigh in!

xx

Nice to hear you are still around Paula.. It can get really disheartening sometimes, but try and stick with it hun.. You still have a couple of days to weigh in, and you might surprise yourself! You have lost nearly 2 stone in 6 weeks... Surely you can't think that's bad??

When Joe started LT he got bad heartburn too, but i thought it was just him being a "Nancy" but perhaps he really was suffering!! pmsl

Good luck for Thursday weigh in x x

Thanks for your support Su, I know what you're saying is right! 2 stone is more than I have ever lost and to be 1lb away from it on week 6 day 5 is amazing. Fingers crossed for at least another 1lb off on Thurs! My hubby always had a problem with heartburn anyway but only when he ate really fatty, sugary foods, It really worries me because it wakes him in the night and he sounds like he's choking - he says that he gets a kind of bile substance in his mouth which is what he chokes on! I will bring it up (pardon the pun!!) with the doc next week, I think he might have an underlying problem :(

Just been to my meeting this morning and have been asked to change my hours today to 3pm-9pm so I popped into town and did a bit of experimenting with different clothes shops. I had no intention of buying anything, I just wanted to see roughly what size I was.

Peacocks... not a chance of fitting into their size 20 jeans and the size 22 top was a no no.
Dorothy Perkins... Fitted their size 20 jeans around the waist but they looked horrid and skin tight against my tree trunks lol
M & Co... I hate how most of their jeans have an elasticated waist but found one without and fit OK in the size 22 but again too tight in the legs. Top size 22 was a reasonably nice fit though.

So, in conclusion... I'm still having to stick with Evans for now and seeing as their sizes are more generous I think I'll be a 20/22 on bottom and a 22 on top. Previously I was a 26/28 on top and a 24 on bottom in Evans so that can't be bad :)

My back is playing me up again so have had to take a dreaded codeine pill... this makes me want to cry because I know I'll be constipated again!! Stupid back pain! :(

Just going to update my goals on my sig xx

You sound pretty determined Paula, keep going; you can do it!

Paula, sorry that you're unhappy with your weight loss, we all have good and bad weeks though and one doesn't necessarily follow the other....try and stick it out cos it really does work quicker than conventional diets.

I'm so sorry that your back is playing up and I sympathise with the codeine causing contipation cos before I had my hip replaced I lived on them. I had such a bad problem about half way into the diet that I even had a colonic (all detailed on my blog if you've got the stomach for it:eek:) can I ask, and forgive me for being personal, but will your back problem be helped by losing weight? I found that my hip pain improved dramatically as I lost weight but obviously it wasn't a cure as such!

Chin up sweetheart x

In response to Sandra, I am very much hoping that losing weight will help my back, it was one of the main motivations this time but I'm really not sure because I know plenty of thin people with slipped discs! I have got over the excruciating stage and just really nasty sciatica now and then which I have to do exercises for and painkillers. Fingers crossed.

I don't know if it's related to the codeine or if it's LT but I was very close to passing out at work today, I'm sure I partially blacked out which was very scary especially considering I was doing something very important for one of our service users. I've never fainted before, it's not something I'm used to but I had to sit down on the floor, hope that doesn't happen again!

I am shattered tonight... had to turn an extra shift down at work today. I need to slow down.

Night night xx

Nite sweetheart hope you feel better in the morning. Incidentally, don't know what strength of pills you take but when I had to take dihydrocodeine (about 60mg of codeine I think) I used to feel really dizzy and have to go to bed......

How are you doing today hun?.. Hope you are feeling better x x

I'm OK today, no dizzy spells. I think it must have been the codeine (Sandra - I'm on 30mg/500mg Co-codamol)

Weighed in at 17st 10.6lbs today so am hoping the 0.6lbs will be gone tomorrow so I can hit the 2st off mark, if I don't then I know I will in the next few days anyway.

Hope you're all fine and dandy today xx

Well done Paula! Another Devon girl I see, quite a few of us on here lol, good luck and keep going strong x

I noticed that too Curvy! I'm an incomer though... not proper Deb'n! Bit of a nomad actually, grew up in Essex and lived in Scotland for 17 years. Been down here for 4 years now... almost time to move on haha!

Your stats are quite similar to mine, good luck! How long are you planning on doing LT for? xx

I really want to get down to 10 stone, but will look at myself when around 11 to see how i look. I'm hoping to get there around september/october time as they say you lose on average 1 stone a month, but we will see lol. I'm not going to give up even if it is longer as i am determined!! It's made easier i guess by refeeding inbetween (every 12 weeks im told? ) I'm not born and bread either im from yorkshire, but moved to cornwall when I was 14 then to Plymouth 4 years ago to support my mum when my dad died. Love the west country tho, wouldnt live anywhere else now :)Really wishing you luck, be nice to compare how we are both doing as both around the same weight. x

Ahh cool! I was thinking that in a few months when we have lost a bit of weight we could do a Devon night out, as there seems to be lots of us around, what do you think Devon girls?

Hehe we could all shake together!

Weigh in day today, down to 17st 10lbs exactly so got my 2 stone off :D and 3lbs off for the week!

Just going to update my stats and sig then off to work :sigh:

Hope you all have a spiffing day!! x

Back