Paula's weight loss journey

Paula79

Since I decided that from today I will restart afresh so as to have a set weigh in day and since I decided to start the Christmas challenge from today, I might as well start a diary. Also partly because I had a huge set back earlier in the week and haven't been able to... umm, 'go' since then :ashamed0005:

I have never been a slim person as far as I can remember, and I certainly don't wish to be skinny - Just healthier, and to be able to buy clothes from any clothing place.

The losing weight is just phase one of my lifestyle change attempt. I would also like to quit smoking, but I figure this will be easier to tackle one at a time. Or at least get the ball rolling properly with the weight so I don't lose momentum when I chuck the ciggies in the bin :)

I have had an on off fear for years because I have a saggy tum and the fear is that it'll get worse as the weight shifts, but have finally reasoned that at least I'll be able to hide it behind clothes when it's less out there lol. And if I manage to quit the ciggies, it's money I can put toward getting rid of it.

I'm sure there'll be many ups and downs, hopefully more downs, but here goes nothing!!

Current weight: 21.10st/134kg/295.4lb (Can I cry now?)
Ultimate goal: 12 stone

Spent most of today feeling hungry :( Will have to make sure I get up early tomorrow to have a proper breakfast of porridge or something equally sustaining/filling instead of rushing to work then nomming a scone! lol
Spent all day on my feet with work, so put an hour walking slow pace into mfp, the calorie burning seems a bit too high to have put in full time.

Todays foodstuffs:
Breakfast - 1 plain scone (273 cals)
Lunch - Jacket spud with tuna, sweetcorn and salad (415 cals)
Cappuccino (104 cals)
Dinner - 2 Small jacket potatoes (256 cals), small tin of beans (215 cals) with some bran shaken into it, 2 plums.
Snacks - One packet of chilli Sunbites (120 cals)

1383 cals total today, not bad seeing as my max is 1710.

Last edited:
On way to A&E now with (I hope not) suspected blood clot. My leg now looks like something from avatar. How's that for a kick up the arse to motivate the dieting.
Yesterday's foodstuffs:
No breakfast
Lunch was Jacket potato with smoky chilli beef and salad
Dinner Nothing.

On way to A&E now with (I hope not) suspected blood clot. My leg now looks like something from avatar. How's that for a kick up the arse to motivate the dieting.
Yesterday's foodstuffs:
No breakfast
Lunch was Jacket potato with smoky chilli beef and salad
Dinner Nothing.
oh my gosh paula just read this oh my i hope your ok hun let me know hun

I'm good hun, not long home and glad to say there's no clot :D Though the pain is most likely caused from standing in a confined area for 7+ hours a day, of course weight & bad shoe choices. Need to get some of these anti fatigue shoes. This has honestly scared the bleep outta me so deffo gotta plod on with this dieting.

Foodstuffs when I got in: 1 Tortilla wrap with 2 pieces of grilled bacon. No sauces.

I'm good hun, not long home and glad to say there's no clot :D Though the pain is most likely caused from standing in a confined area for 7+ hours a day, of course weight & bad shoe choices. Need to get some of these anti fatigue shoes. This has honestly scared the bleep outta me so deffo gotta plod on with this dieting.

Foodstuffs when I got in: 1 Tortilla wrap with 2 pieces of grilled bacon. No sauces.
hi hun
wow glad your ok honey and home safe
i must say paula sometimes it takes a scare to make us do something good luck for this week w.i hun and hope its a good week ahead for you xx

Thanks Chezz. There's something about being in pain that makes you want to munch the house down though lol. Will be good and eat a plum. Will need to go shops tomorrow and pick up plenty of fruits for nibbling on.

hi paula
how are feeling today hun x x

I'm good thanks Chezz, how are you?

Today I'm feeling like I can't 'go' again.. Wahhhhh. More water perhaps?

Foodstuffs:
Breakfast - Porridge with sprinkle of bran
Lunch - Handful of pumpkin seeds and a latte
Dinner - I'll see what takes my fancy in the shops lol. Am feeling for mushrooms though.

hi hun more water and fibre will do the trick and fresh oranges lololol trust me it works everytime for me
im having another good week hun thanks xx

4.6lb loss this week :) So happy.

well done paula thats a great loss well done

Thanks Chezz x

Glad you had no clot. I don't know if this helps but when I weighed more I used to get these tight aching pain/stiffness in my calf I thought I had a DVT. I didn't but I found massage on the area really helped. It still came and went for ages. And I am pleased to say after losing 4 stone from my initial amount the pain stopped completely. I weighed more than you when I started so hopefully you will find the same for you never have it again. As I can see your going great guns.

Not that I'd wish this pain upon anyone else, I'm glad I'm not the only one! lol. I got some anti fatigue shoes, and my legs did feel a lot better with wearing them, sadly the toe bit is too narrow so my toes were dying after a day lol. Instead of socks I'm wearing knee high stockings, since when ankles swell a bit socks have a tendancy to dig a little, which couldn't have been good for circulation. May have to have a word with other half about getting the odd leg massage :) Your pain going with the weight loss has given me a lot of hope that I can be pain free too if I don't give up.

Bought a chinese tonight, for my one naughty meal of the week.... It's still sat here in front of me but I've been nibbling sunflower seeds instead :eek:

That's gotta be a win, right? lol. Apart from the loss to my purse.

Todays (well, yesterdays) foods.

Woke too late for breakfast & had to rush out to work :(
Lunch: Toasted ham sandwich & coffee
Dinner: Home made turkey burger, no bun & cauliflower. Little dab of ketchup as I didn't season it enough.

I'm so used to cooking comfort foods and putting what I want on it lol.

hi paula
hows your legs feeling now hun

Much better thanks Chezz :) Even managed 10722 steps today so far instead of spending my day off sat on my bum lol. Using an s health app that was already on my phone to counts steps/calories burnt. Calories burnt is supposedly 843 so not bad at all.

How's yourself today?

Back