Paul's Extra Easy Plan - wish me luck!

pnewton75

Starting Again
Week 1 – w/c 10th May 2010
Weight = 20st 12.5lbs

Well I did it, went to my first meeting. I wasn’t sure what to expect but the leader Sam was great, very friendly and welcoming and gave me some good ideas for meals and I now feel really motivated and happy I went. Also glad to see there were 4 other men at the group and they’d all lost loads of weight.

Food Diary
Tuesday 11th May 2010;
Breakfast – Batchelors Chicken and Mushroom Pasta

Lunch - Pot Noodle (Mug) Spicy Curry

Tea - Lovely free Turkey and Pork home made curry by my wife
(Sara), was very nice, with mushroom, garlic, curry powder,
onion and saffron rice. Very tasty!

Syns - Stella Artois 4% (1 can) 9 syns.

Snacks - Grapes, Banana and Vanilla Mullerlight and 1.5 litres of water

Exercise - Walked 1.25 miles at lunch (25 minutes) and 10 minutes on
Wii Fit Plus at home - mainly the big top juggling and the obstacle course.

HeA - 3 Laughing Cow triangles and 1 BabyBel
HeB - Salt and Vinegar Ryvita mini's. 30g.

Feel like I've eaten loads and got more exercise than normal, so hopefully a decent start to a good weight loss in week 1!!

Does anyone know if my can of 4% Stella is less than 9 syns as it's not on the Slimming World Syn list? Also my lunch i've counted as free but again that flavour isn't on the main site, any ideas?

Any feedback on the style of my diary and what i'm eating/doing is also appreciated and wanted.

Last edited:
well done on joining sw and starting your weightloss journey :D

Which day were you following, if you are following red or green then remember to have 1 or 2 healthy extra A's and 2 healthy extras b's or if following extra easy its 1 of each.

Also if you are following extra easy you are strongly advised by the plan to add a 1/3 superfree to each meal.

I noticed you were having the packet pasta type stuff for breakfast and lunch, would it be better to have something you could add superfree to like cereal and fruit or bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes or something similar and again for lunch.

As for your stella a 330 ml bottle of stella is 7 syns, not sure what size your can was.

Hope you dont mind my comments and good luck :D

Thanks for your comments Soccermom, I'll try to add in some more superfree, it's hard at 630am to think about a better breakfast though it maybe something I need to prep the night before.

I was really nervous about joining, especially as I was going on my own but I'm so glad I did it.

I'm following EE - and my can was 440ml, which is listed as 9 syns on the website for normal Stella Artois (5.5%) but this is a newer, lower alcohol Stella at 4%.

You can make some magic porridge (heb oats, fruit and yogurt mixed together and left in fridge) the night before. You can warm it up for a few seconds in the microwave in the morning if you like.

You can make some magic porridge (heb oats, fruit and yogurt mixed together and left in fridge) the night before. You can warm it up for a few seconds in the microwave in the morning if you like.

I may well give that a go, thanks!

Wednesday 12th May 2010;

Breakfast – Left over curry from last night, Yum!

Lunch – Mug Shot, Tomato and Herb + Apple

Tea – Chicken with chilli, Batchelors Chicken and Mushroom Pasta, Mushy Peas.

Syns – Tesco Angel Delight, No Added Sugar and Skimmed Milk (2/3rd of packet) 11 syns

Snacks – Grapes. 1.5 litres of water.

Exercise – 30 minutes of Wii Fit plus action.

HeB – Sweet Chilli Ryvita mini's. 30g.

I know I'm struggling to eat enough super free foods so went to the shops last night and bought loads of fruit, will have a fruit breakfast and see how long I last tomorrow!

Good luck! :)

Thursday 13th May 2010;

Breakfast – Vanilla Mullerlight with Melon and Banana

Lunch – Cajun Chicken, 2 Eggs, 8 Cherry toms and 1/3 of a full Cucumber

Tea – Home made Lean Steak Mince Spag Bol, with fresh Garlic, Chilli, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Onions and Passatta - added Basil and Bisto too.

Syns – Tesco Angel Delight, No Added Sugar and Skimmed Milk (1/3rd of packet) and 1 Mini Curly Wurly 10 syns

Snacks – Apple. 1 litre of water.

Exercise – 30 minute walk at work (posted link to it in previous post), did 1.77 miles.

Feel like I'm getting to grips with it now, hardest part has been eating enough SuperFree.... hopefully it'll all become easier as the weeks go on.

Last edited:
Looks like your doing well there hun
Good luck!

It is hard getting in the supefree, I should practice what I preach. :D

Menu looks good though

Thanks both of you, I'm finding it much easier now than I was a couple of days ago and i think it's because of being on here and reading other people's experiences, hopefully WI on Monday will be kind!

Im sure it will - keep us updated!

Friday 14th May 2010;

Breakfast – Left over Bolognese from last night + added chilli flakes.

Lunch – Cajun Chicken, 4 Eggs, 12 Cherry toms and Mandarin Mullerlight

Tea – Chicken, Potato, Peas, Carrots, Broccoli and Petis Pois

Syns – Gravy (1 syn), Curly Wurly (6.5 syns) = 7.5 syns

Snacks – Apple, banana and melon. 4 litres of water (and lots of wee’s!!).

Exercise – 20 minute walk at work.

Saturday 15th May 2010;

Breakfast – Chicken and Mushroom Pasta (Batchelors), Mullerlight

Lunch – Ham and Tomato Sandwich (see HeB)

Tea – Playing cricket so lots of “cricket tea” syns. Boo!

Syns – Guesstimate = 25 syns

Snacks – 2 litres of water.

Exercise – Cricket match, so batted for 30 minutes, bowled for 30 minutes and ran about in the field for approx 15 minutes. Not bad…. And we won!

HeB – 1 x Wholemeal slice of bread.

Sunday 16th May 2010;

Breakfast – Chicken and Mushroom Pasta (Batchelors) and a Banana

Lunch – Went out for lunch, but I palmed off my Yorkshire Pud, Stuffing and Turnip so left with Chicken, lots of veg and some mash (boo to the mash)

Tea – Tuna Pasta with Cucumber, Pickled Onion, Pickled Cabbage, Sweetcorn and a teeny amount of salad cream.

Syns – Gravy (2 syns), Salad Cream (1 syn), Wine x3 (oops) 24 syns

Snacks – 2 litres of water, Apple

Exercise – NONE!

HeB – Forgot to have it. Bad Paul!

It is, I'm a bit worried after the weekend "syns"!

Thanks for the good luck..... think I might need it.

well first WI done - lost 1.5 pounds, I'm happy with that as I struggled with the superfree quite alot and had a synful weekend!!

Hoping for 3 off next Monday!

Well done you!

Monday 16th May 2010;

Breakfast – Left over Pasta from last night.

Lunch – Left over Pasta from last night as well….

Tea – Chicken, Potato, Carrot, Asparagus, Peas, Petis Pois and Sweetcorn

Syns – Gravy and Mikado(s) – 9 syns

Snacks – Water 2 litres of, Apple x 1, grapes and strawberries.

Exercise – Used the stairs at work instead of the lift and on a training course so some “team building”

HeB – Ryvita Minis.

WEIGH IN RESULTS!! – Lost 1.5 pounds.

Tuesday 16th May 2010;

Breakfast – Magic porridge

Lunch – Chinese chicken mug noodle

Tea – Chicken, Potato, Asparagus, Peas, Sweetcorn & Petis Pois

Syns – Wine x 2 and Angel Delight – 30 syns (was very bored during the day on my training course and went a bit mad when I got home)

Snacks – Cherry Toms. Apple, grapes and strawberries.

Exercise – Used the stairs at work instead of the lift and on a training course so some “team building”

HeA - 5 Laughing Cow triangles
HeB – Oats in Breakfast.

Back