pcos and sw

curlygirl

I did sw last year and managed to lose just over a stone for my wedding. Anyway, I have put it all back on again, I have pcos and came off the pill so I haven't exactly been eating loads, one of the side effects is weight gain. So here I am back again! Need to brush up on my sw skills though and hoping you all can help me. BTW, doing it myself as we have't got the money to pay for a club, I got gym Membership instead.
Lesley x

Hiya,
I have PCOS as well and just been put on metaformin so hoping SW and the tablets will help! bloody hate PCOS.. what exactly did i so wrong lol haha!! I have the implanon implant which has been really good for me, better than the pill anyway!

Are you doing EE or the original plans? Best of luck huni, i'm doing it on my own too so if you ever need support you know where i am,

Lucy xx

Hi there

I have PCOS too, was diagnosed at 17 (i'm 23 now). I'm not on any medication, i think i have got off quite lightly with symptoms tbh apart from holding weight around my middle.

I think it's really important to look after yourself well, good food, lots of exercise and your body will regulate your hormones better (this is what i put down to not having all of the typical symptoms). I have 2 beautiful daughters too so it does not mean infertility (which i worried about all the time!), hence me being here trying to lose the rest of the baby weight.

I too have pcos, found out when Having problems conceiving......after 18 months of trying I now how a son 5 and daughter 4 ,anyway I have found it easy to lose weight on slimming world and my totm has become regular and less heavy since losing weight.......You read soooo many stories about finding it hard to lose weight but I haven't found this luckily,think we need more will power though as we have to fight the pcos needs... which is sugar! which we all know is bad!

I also have PCOS.

The slimming world diet is great for those with PCOS, you just need to avoid "white" carbs, which have no health benefits at all. So switch from white pastas/rices etc to wholegrain/brown. Also limit your potatoes, choose sweet where possible or new potatoes in skins.

Good Luck!!

Hey there, I have pcos too and lost 5 stone in 2008. I found that cutting out bread completely worked for me and did sw too where most days were red. I also found drinking diet red bull / tesco equivalent helped, not sure why !?

I'm another PCOS lady, I'm really really struggling to lose weight and have quite bad symptoms too (extra hair and weight being the main ones) but a lot of people on here have it too so it must be do-able :)

If you need anyone to talk to I'm always here to listen! I like a good moan too haha :D

I'm really really struggling to lose weight and have quite bad symptoms too (extra hair and weight being the main ones

Dont get me started on the hair lol cheeso!! :D I was told to avoid carbs but the red days do my head in.. reminds me of my atkins days!

How long have you been doing this for? I'm getting married next year so given how long it takes to shift weight with PCOS thought i better start now lol

xx

Whoever told you to avoid carbs gave you bad advice. Cutting carbs out completely is actually unhealthy, we all need some carbs in our diet. It is the white carbs and things like potatoes you need to avoid. wholegrain pastas and rices etc are perfectly fine for you.

Even red days allow for some carbs in healthy extras.

Dont get me started on the hair lol cheeso!! :D I was told to avoid carbs but the red days do my head in.. reminds me of my atkins days!

How long have you been doing this for? I'm getting married next year so given how long it takes to shift weight with PCOS thought i better start now lol

xx
I've been doing it since I joined this forum so whatever date it says to the left haha
I must admit I do eat carbs, I think I might ban myself from bread and probably need to be a bit more strict with portion sizes for pasta etc, but when I'm 110% and my stupid body can't manage to even shift 1lb its so disheartening :(

The hair is the worst part of it all I think. My OH says it doesnt bother him etc but when I can grow a better beard than he can how can he not mind??!?!!! It honestly makes me feel sick sometimes looking at it :(

But hey ho! When are you getting married???
Have you got it all planned out etc?

We're engaged but until this weight is off a wedding is a no-no for me, I don't want to be massive and horrible in the pictures, not good memories to look back on in my opinion.

my birthday HAHAH!! I eat carbs too but really enjoy a good bowl of pasta and pesto! *naughty* I know, i was on orlistat for about 3 months and lost half a pound.. was raging! even tried being vibrated skinny on a flabulous.. more money down the drain haha!

Yea my other half is the same but i know its there! and god help him if he moves the tweezers lol I get married next year- 27th july. Kind of all sorted out, well venue booked and guest list done but i guess the rest can wait a while!

Yea thats what i thought.. and id prefer not to look like the female version of a sumo wrestler in a meringue!xx

Back