pcos and trying for a baby

I've been drinking loads too, ordered a Tesco shop and treated myself to some magnums to soothe it ? hopefully we'll both be sorted too, just can't wait to get next op done with then get started on clomid x

I've been drinking loads too, ordered a Tesco shop and treated myself to some magnums to soothe it ? hopefully we'll both be sorted too, just can't wait to get next op done with then get started on clomid x

I'm not as thirsty today but I'm still carrying my bottle of water around lol yea think what we have had we deserve a wee treat I'm gonna have a nice dinner tonight for a wee treat my pain has been fine today took 2 painkillers that the hospital give me so think they are helping a lot :)... I wonder is that what I'm gonna be put on at my next appointment because I don't need metformin my cycle is regular every month is urs ok ? Xx

I don't have a cycle, I've had two periods in 19 months. Don't have any medication for it but hopefully we'll get clomid to help us conceive.

I don't have a cycle, I've had two periods in 19 months. Don't have any medication for it but hopefully we'll get clomid to help us conceive.

Aww really I was told that they put u on metformin first for ur periods as they won't do nothing untill ur periods are regular :s don't no if that's true tho... Hopefully not for your sake tho Mine had stopped completley and as soon as I lost a couple of lbs they came back and have been back every month now for nearly 2 years x

They might do when we go back to see the fertility doc but got to sort the endo first. I lost 4 stone and it didnt make the slightest bit of difference to my cycle but then I'm lucky in other ways in that other than no periods and fast weight gain I don't get any other symptoms of PCOS. Weird how it affects everyone differently.

They might do when we go back to see the fertility doc but got to sort the endo first. I lost 4 stone and it didnt make the slightest bit of difference to my cycle but then I'm lucky in other ways in that other than no periods and fast weight gain I don't get any other symptoms of PCOS. Weird how it affects everyone differently.
yea hopefully you'll get the other op asap! see i dont have any side effects only extra hair growth and i just use hair remover lol.. not so bad i suppose :) x

yea hopefully you'll get the other op asap! see i dont have any side effects only extra hair growth and i just use hair remover lol.. not so bad i suppose :) x

I used to love the no periods side effect when I was younger. If only I'd known. Haha. How are you feeling? Are you back to normal since the op? X

Hi Guys!!

I have been where you are - and I just want you to know it's all worth it :) My pcos is severe without ovulating and all the other usual side effects... I'm 37 and I've spent years getting referrals, getting some treatment that did nothing, fertility clinics being closed down, spending months trying to get GP to refer me to the new clinic, etc etc etc... right from the word go I was told that I probably need clomid, but that they wanted to try xy and z first.. and who knows, maybe all the things they did first helped, but anyway... metphormin made it slightly easier to lose weight... ovarian drilling seemed to do nothing and that was about two years ago.. then I was finally given clomid in December...

I've just had my 12 week scan and there's a healthy active baby in there!! After all these years! :)

The number of times I've felt like giving up, or turned to food for comfort because it all felt too much...or became obsessed and stressed with research and ovulation kits etc etc.... I'm sure now though that every time I had a healthy eating day.. every time I went for a walk or a swim.. every time I relaxed and enjoyed my partner's company instead of getting myself obsessed with the process.. I'm sure all of that has helped a tiny bit.. piece by piece.. to getting here

All the very best for your journey!! xxxxx

Ahh congratulations! Amazing. I know what you mean, we are trying to chill about it and not get stressed as it should help us in the long run! Great to hear a positive story...

Hi Girls!

Hope yas don't mind me joining in here..
I'm 22, have pcos - no monthly cycle at all - been with my partner for nearly 6years, wanting to try for a baby for a while now but petrified of going to the docs incase they say I'm too young to help as it happened to a friend of mine.
I am trying to loose weight but I think I'm putting too much pressure on myself as one week I will be fine & stick to it 100% and the next I'm eating non stop of everything that's bad!
How do I stick to it and be successful...

Nichola.. :)

Hi Girls!

I'm 22, have pcos - no monthly cycle at all - been with my partner for nearly 6years, wanting to try for a baby for a while now but petrified of going to the docs incase they say I'm too young to help as it happened to a friend of mine.
I am trying to loose weight but I think I'm putting too much pressure on myself as one week I will be fine & stick to it 100% and the next I'm eating non stop of everything that's bad!

I don't think there would be an issue with your age if you have a condition that makes getting pregnant harder. They would more than likely expect you to try for a minimum of a year before they help you though. I also have PCOS with hardly any periods (2 in 20 months) and I'm just going through fertility investigations after trying for 20 months. I'm nearly 32 but I didnt go to the docs until we had been trying for 15 months.
With regards the diet, are you doing one in particular (cant see stats on my phone)? It depends on whether your diet is very restrictive or not. I do weight watchers so still have treats so I don't feel deprived but I've also done vlc diets and struggled to stick to them.
Good luck :)

I used to love the no periods side effect when I was younger. If only I'd known. Haha. How are you feeling? Are you back to normal since the op? X
Yes the no periods side was good untill i started ttc how silly we were back then lol.. ive been grand everything healing ok and i didnt really have much pain either thankfully... how have u been feeling ? have u had a date to go back and see your consultant :D xo

Hi Guys!!

I have been where you are - and I just want you to know it's all worth it :) My pcos is severe without ovulating and all the other usual side effects... I'm 37 and I've spent years getting referrals, getting some treatment that did nothing, fertility clinics being closed down, spending months trying to get GP to refer me to the new clinic, etc etc etc... right from the word go I was told that I probably need clomid, but that they wanted to try xy and z first.. and who knows, maybe all the things they did first helped, but anyway... metphormin made it slightly easier to lose weight... ovarian drilling seemed to do nothing and that was about two years ago.. then I was finally given clomid in December...

I've just had my 12 week scan and there's a healthy active baby in there!! After all these years! :)

The number of times I've felt like giving up, or turned to food for comfort because it all felt too much...or became obsessed and stressed with research and ovulation kits etc etc.... I'm sure now though that every time I had a healthy eating day.. every time I went for a walk or a swim.. every time I relaxed and enjoyed my partner's company instead of getting myself obsessed with the process.. I'm sure all of that has helped a tiny bit.. piece by piece.. to getting here

All the very best for your journey!! xxxxx

awww you have went through a lot! but its all worked out for you and a big congrats to you and your partner :) hope all goes well keep us posted xo

Hi Girls!

Hi Nichola :) you are defo not too young i went when i was 21 and got referred straight away to the fertility centre in the royal hospital were i then got sent to a dietician because my bmi was over 40 and he wanted it below 30 going to the dietician was a big help and i knew i had a good reason to do it and as soon as i lost my first 4lb my periods came back and have been back now for nearly 2 years :) i went to the dietician for 1 year and have just continued on my own since then... it is hard at the start but it gets easier... what about slimming world ? and you are allowed 15 syns a day that you could use for treats and snacks if u wanted :) my mum and sister both do it and are both going on to a loss of 4 stone each xo

I was first diagnosed in 2003, and after years of scans, biopsies, bloods and heartache, we are about to start IVF. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I am so excited!
xx

Nichola - You're 22 not 15! You should be fine age-wise... however, I have found that they can be really strict about things like: you have to have been trying for a certain length of time, you and your partner both need to not have had any kids already, and in the list that I had to sign off to confirm, it even said that we had to be having sex at least 2-3 times a week in order to qualify for further help (like they'd check anyway?!)... the bit that I found really hard was the same as you... I'd comfort eat because it got me down.. and I couldn't get the help because of my BMI/weight was too high.. and that used to get me down.. so.. of course... I'd eat... and feel low so have no energy to go out and be active...

The good news is that with pcos, the more active you get, the easier it starts to be to get more active... slowly but surely... and there are sooo many benefits.. you're more likely to have a health happy baby even if you do a little more walking and eat a few less unhealthy things.. just little changes... slowly but surely... you might also like to look at ways to improve your confidence... I have had a lifetime of pcos and it causes reduced confidence and reduced self esteem... but the good news is that once you know it's the condition and not you.. once you know there are things that can help... then you can start boosting your confidence, and then, slowly but surely, you'll stop wanting to overeat because you'd simply prefer to go out in the sunshine, or bop around to some of your favourite music :) it takes time, but it's really worth it :) and that will do more good for you and your likely hood of having children than any amount of referrals and stress about being accepted etc etc.... Good luck and let us know how it goes for you xx

Welshcake - It''s soo hard not to get our hopes up, isn't it - especially when we've been through all the hurdles of all the waiting list stuff and tests etc etc etc first.... the good news is the number of people I know who have been unsuccessful with IVF, but then conceived naturally within six months/a year of having it! It does have a fairly high success rate anyway, but even higher once you take the number who then have their body kick-started by the whole IVF process! Good luck and let us know how things go!!

Hey Danielle, how are you?

Yep definitely had a bit of luck after the op. I'm 8 weeks pregnant :) Had a scan at 7 weeks because I was terrified of ectopic but baby was in the right place and saw the heartbeat.

How about you?x

Hey Danielle, how are you?

Yep definitely had a bit of luck after the op. I'm 8 weeks pregnant :) Had a scan at 7 weeks because I was terrified of ectopic but baby was in the right place and saw the heartbeat.

How about you?x

aww Sarah thats brilliant so happy for you :D i just found out on tuesday there that im between 6-7 weeks pregnant going to my docs on tuesday afternoon to pick my hospital etc im so delighted for both of us! obv the operations worked well for us xo

aww Sarah thats brilliant so happy for you :D i just found out on tuesday there that im between 6-7 weeks pregnant going to my docs on tuesday afternoon to pick my hospital etc im so delighted for both of us! obv the operations worked well for us xo

Wow, that's brilliant Danielle!! So so happy for you :) operation definitely worked well for us both. Will have to keep everything crossed that we both have sticky babies. We'll be due a week or so apart :D xx

Back