PCOS - Starting again - advice please.

bullfrog

Hi everyone.

I was diagnosed with PCOS about fifteen years ago when I was 13 years old. I have done hardly anything about it, I have gone to consultants once or twice who have prescribed me metphormin but I have never taken it regularly. I get really bad face and body hair and I weigh nearly 19 stone.

I have decided that this year I am going to face it once and for all but I am really scared. I feel really nervous talking and thinking about it and I am petrified of going to the Doctors.

Please could anyone offer some advice on how I best I can start sorting this out?

I also aim to lose weight so any advice on PCOS friendly diets would be really gratefully received...

Hi... First of all I no exactly what ur going through I am very similar to you. After another unsuccessful year of dieting and I am still the same weight as I was this time last year after trying slimming world. I didn't recon much to metformin tbh but everyone is different. I no with pcos eatin things like sweet potato insted of normal and brown rice and pasta instead of normal are far better for u.

I have decided to try herbalife which is a meal replacement and try and not snack on things like biscuits and have a healthy tea.

It's really hard and it gets me down a lot but I am going to carry on and try my best.
Also I'm am going to start taking magnesium. Chronimun and cinnamon iv read these help.

X

Hi.. I have PCOS my sister also, I guess it is runs in families..or maybe because of our nowadays diet..
I have searched a lot about it and tried almost everything, at last I came across angelica roots, I bought it as powder couldn't drink it as it is so awful, found it on capsules formate, but then I was pregnant couldn't use them again? But my sister used them for 3 months and.. ?Oh WOW, the excessive hair growth stopped, and she managed to lose weight with healthy eating plan knowing that she struggled a lot before due to the PCOS. Ok she followed slimming world.

Back