PCOS/TTC and working nights

hcocker

Hi every1! :)

Am hoping i can get a bit of reassurance from you lovely ladies...
Me n my OH are TTC and i am just about to start working full time permanent nights and am also due to start clomid soon for PCOS.
Usually have a period around once a month but i wouldnt really describe them as regular.
Imagine my horror the other day when i read that working nights plays absolute havoc with your cycles and can make it difficult 2 conceive - which is the last thing we need when already struggling to drop on!
I have friends who have gotten pregnant whilst working nights but im jus wondering with me already having PCOS and my cycle being not exactly regular whether this is goin 2 add 2 the problem even more!
Is there anyone out there with PCOS that works regular nights? Do you find that u have a problem?
This is really worrying me :-(
Thanks in advance.
Xx

Hi every1! :)

Am hoping i can get a bit of reassurance from you lovely ladies...
Me n my OH are TTC and i am just about to start working full time permanent nights and am also due to start clomid soon for PCOS.
Usually have a period around once a month but i wouldnt really describe them as regular.
Imagine my horror the other day when i read that working nights plays absolute havoc with your cycles and can make it difficult 2 conceive - which is the last thing we need when already struggling to drop on!
I have friends who have gotten pregnant whilst working nights but im jus wondering with me already having PCOS and my cycle being not exactly regular whether this is goin 2 add 2 the problem even more!
Is there anyone out there with PCOS that works regular nights? Do you find that u have a problem?
This is really worrying me :-(
Thanks in advance.
Xx

I work full time permanent Night shift and have done for nearly two years now. We've been TTC number 2 now for about 8 months, and no joy. Part of my problem though is sleep, I get minimal sleep on my shifts, averaging about 4 hours a day which plays havoc with your fertility.

From what I've been researching online, getting decent sleep has a decent effect in counteracting night shift. If you're getting Clomid too it will hopefully help boost your ovulation dates, might bring it forward etc.

I've been looking at using Soya as an alternative to Clomid.

One of the biggest problems I find with TTC on Nightshift is finding time to get 'busy'!

Aww thanks for your reply - i will just av 2 make sure that i get plenty of sleep thru the day! :) good luck ttc xx

Back