Peachybums 2010 journey

Peachybum

Hi Everyone

I did CD for 5 months between July and November in 2008 and lost nearly 5 stone. I went from a size 24 to a 14 then I put 4 back on last year:cry:

I'm in two minds what to do. Last year i had umpteen restarts and couldn't get back onboard. What has hit home today is that I went to the sales - last year I spent a fortune in Next sale on clothes - and this year all I bought was a garlic press and a pair of shoes!:break_diet:

Has anyone else done this? I'm wondering whether to restart CD or try something more conventional - I have a big wedding to attend in July.

Any help would be appreciated

Love Peachy

It IS possible to successfully restart....i managed to do it and got to goal the second time round (albeit, i have gained a few pounds over xmas). Your head totally needs to be in the right place though....it cant be a half hearted attempt IMO.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Yes, very important to be in the right frame of mind - and also to learn to change your habits so that you don't put it on again afterwards.
I am sure that if you decide to do it you will succeed this time round :)
Good luck

Hey Peachy

Know how you feel hun, I'm in more or less the same boat. But I've tried going back to more conventional diets this year - and I just can't do them. I need that instant gratification, LOL. At the end of the day, CD works - and it works fast. Yes, it's hard to stick to for the first few days, but after that, I love that feeling of liberation, that feeling that food isn't controlling me, that I'm not forever counting calories, points or Syns.

It's the quickest way of getting to our Slimdom destination, it seems to me. And no matter what diet you do, it's only when you reach Slimdom that you realise the hard work has barely even started, i.e., staying there...

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :hug99:

Hi,

I'm in a similar boat to you - I did CD last year lost loads of weight but never got to goal - had a holiday and then just could not get back on track with CD - have put little bit of weight back on - and so I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to get to goal - I also considered other options but I know that CD works for me - and I also know that when I was doing it I felt great so I decided to restart. I am going away to Sweden on Wednesday for a week I then have my appt with CDC booked for next Friday and I have decided that this is it I am going to do and by summer I will be maintaining my ideal weight- I feel ready to do this and cant wait to get back on track with the pounds dropping off. I went to the sales today and was so disappointed that i am back up a clothes size, and hate the feeling when you are stood in a changing room with all mirrors displaying a body that I am unhappy with - if I dont find motivation from those images then I 'll never have motivation. Good luck with whichever path you choose.

Back