Peanut butter

skinnybride2013

Silver Member
Hi all, I'm not an atkins-er just low carb. Is peanut butter allowed? If so what do you have it on?

If you count the carbs - on Atkins it's allowed on owl. You could have if on celery, or on a spoon!

Mmmm peanut butter. :)

I am reminded of Joey on Friends saying that his favourite recipe was peanut butter fingers. All you need is....

Ok, I'll get my coat now.:giggle:

the whole earth organic has less carbs (ie sugaar) in, although a good bit more pricey, its worth it.

a spoonfull of peanut butter is kinda dry in your mouth, so takes a while to eat, taste great and halts the cravings for grabbing an u nsuitable snack.

Just be careful that it doesn't cause problems - watching for bloating, stalling, hunger etc. Nuts and legumes are typically left til later in atkins as some people react - take care!

I have to watch myself around peanut butter, I just go overboard on it. My ultimate binge Atkins food would be peanut butter with cream. Thankfully that sounds pretty horrible.

Tazbabe I like your spelling of "sugaar". Makes it look evil. I am adopting that from now on. Beware the sugaar! :D

lol, that was a typo.....but i agree!

also agree with keeping an eye on how much. it is a very seldom treat for me.

Back