Pearly's Dukan Diary

Pearly0505

Hi guys =]
I've been lurking here for a while and thought why not join up, i've been doing this over 3 months so maybe i can help some people just starting, and maybe i will meet some people already into their journey like me =]
I suppose i shall give you some stats, maybe in a little questionaire style so its fun =]
Name: Pearl - unusual for someone my age to have such an old fashioned name but oh well, its unique so i like it
Location: Swindon, i live with my partner and its my first time living away from my parents and i decided to move 40 miles away =p previously i have been based in bristol my whole life.
Start Weight - 19st exactly
Why i wanted to loose weight: I couldnt believe i had let myself get to 19st at the age of 20, i certainly didnt want my weight in stones to match my age and therefore had to do something about it. I have always felt fat and was bullied immensly - physically and mentally when i was at school, but looking back at photos of my body type in relation to now i was of average size (i shall upload it when i am allowed =p)
current weight: 221lb i also have soem progress pictures i shall post =]
goal weight: 154lb - which i shall review when i get there as it is still not classed as healthy for me height =[ but i would still like to be curvy / womanly but healthy as well =]

what have i had to eat today:
I am on a PV day
breakfast - fat free yougurt drink
lunch - homemade vegetable soup
dinner - bolgnaise with cabbage
snacks - 2 no sugar no calorie ice pops

we are currently relaxing wathcing a film so may snack on a few sugar free sweets or something =]

Feel free to ask me any questions =] =]

Good evening good luck on you dukan journey and well done on your loss so far hun. They are a lovely supportive bunch round here :)

Hi again Pearl :)

There are a few of us knocking around in our 20's...how have you found the diet for hunger/cravings etc?

I should've taken progress pics :) All I have is a pair of jeans, that didn't fit, then did fit and now are a little on the baggy side :)

My weight tends to come off all over so the results aren't as immediately visible as for some :)

Hope you're having a good night x

Hey hun. There is a great thread called 'It's All About You'. You should definitely fill it out, although you've covered some of the questions in your diary.

Any recipes you might have would be very welcome in the recipes thread.

We also have a Menu thread where you can note down what you eat and a Weigh In thread too. The menus one has recently been moved and is under Recipes!

You'll find most of the girls will be on here during the day and a few of us at night.

Looking foward to chatting to you and following your progress. Very inspiring.

Off to bed now.

x

alottolose - my first few days i had terrible cravings but i knew if i wanted to succeed i had to wait them out and i did, and now this time in i rarely crave anything and tbh i am never hungry. its amazing these days i eat because it is the standard time to eat, sometimes i forget and can go hours without eating and suddenly i will hear a rather loud rumble and then i will feel incredibly hungry. its weird i either dont feel hungry or i feel crazy hungry, no mid way point. but its better than what i used to be - i used to just eat for the sake of it, especially when i was bored / lonely.

ngreen - i have a few reciepes so i'll head over there and type them out now and i shall also go and have a look at the all about you thread.
I am glad to hear people are here during the day, as im not currently working (as only just moved here, do have a job but waiting for security checks to be done) i get rather bored being in the house by myself (the reason we moved is my partner got a full time job up here)

i am having a good day clothes wise - i have fitted into a dress i bought at the start of my diet =] - though i was just eating some sugar free jelly and managed to spill it all down me so it now needs to go in the wash so much for making the most of it and wearing it tomorrow as well =[ =p

i've just read through the new members stuff and realised it didnt say anything about posting images within posts being restricted, so i shall try post a progress picture for you all, if it works then yay, if not i shall have to read the rules again =p

progress-1.jpg

Wow - just a quick post before bed - just had to say great pictures :) can really see a difference... you have a great womanly body and I'm loving your hair in the second pic...beautiful tumbling curls and a great colour :D....I'm envious - just had mine chopped as I can't cope with long hair but it's lovely to see

sleep well hun x

Wow what a fantastic difference.
Well done.

What pattern of pp/pv do you do?
Have you stuck to dukan completely the whole time?
If so yay you!!!

Is it your first diet?

Hope you can get started on the new job soon. Being out of work sucks!

alottolose - thanks so much, my hair was half up half down in that picture so when its all down its about 3 inches longer than that, i've always wanted floor length hair =p
I have a little bit of an hourglass figure peaking through under the extra layers, im hoping i can keep it. im majorly worried about loosing my boobs though. they've always been 'big' but then so have i, so i dont know what they will be like when im of average size.

jaqys - thank you very much.
I am currently doing 5pp 5pv, i started off doing 1pp 1pv but found by the time i got to my next pv all the open veg would be starting to turn, so 5pp 5pv is alot cheaper and friendlier in terms of buying veg for me.
i've had one break on it that was 4 days in - we had friends over and everyone was eating in front of me and i snapped. i put on 4lbs. but i started over as i was so near the begining and lost it in two days =] since then i've stuck to them completely, we've had friends over since and i had a nice big piece of steak to make them jealous =p
its my first 'proper' diet, ive swapped foods for lighter versions and tried doing sit ups each day but gave up after a while - this was when i was still at school.

i cant wait to start work i'm so excited, its like my dream job. being a support worker for people with eating disorders.

i woke up this morning and found the container i kept my homemade soup in empty. my partner apparently thought he could take it all with him today, that was meant to last us 2-3 days. so i was very unimpressed. went to get a yougurt for breakfast and found the rest of the soup in a different container in the fridge. what made him put it in something different i dont know but atleast i dont have to find something else for lunch now =p =]

Don't even bother trying to figure your bf out = men make no sense :)...

with regards boobage :eek:.... it seems to me...from my research (god that makes me sound like a perv and/or serial groper!:D)...

women that have LOTS of boobage pre-diet are still ample post diet....for me at least this diet has sorta stripped a layer off all over...so nothing is out of proportion (which is great!)

I've heard others commend the diet for not losing boobs as with other diets they had...so if you want to keep the boobies :D keep the dukan! :D

<end of ramble - my cold is making me feverish :( - so i'm rambling even more nonsense than usual>
xxx

edit: Bras - I've lost backsize...but not buying new bras til the finish line :).... just notch them in a bit x

men are just a different species =p
i know i've definately lost some boobage, but they were giants before so it hasnt really bothered me, as long as im left with something =p =]
was going to have soup for lunch but realised i havent fed the snails in a while, so im going to have cucumber (so they can have the ends) and some chicken. if i get hungry before / after dinner i'll have soup if not it shall be for tomorrow =]

hi there pearl welcome to the forum ,im not on much during the weekend and since ive just gone back to work i spend my time catching up on our lovley ladies threads !!!!!!!!!

well pearl great weight loss to date and ur pic's look fab !!! and u can really tell the difference u gorgeous gal !!!

so i will hope to have a chat sometime well done hunny !!!!!!!!

im mainly on and off so if u drop me a line i will deffo get back to you !!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant before and after photos .... it's great to see how much you've lost. I can't wait for people to start noticing ..... that always keeps me motivated.

Good luck on the job front - I've relocated from Cheshire to Brum ... and I'm job hunting too but finding it really hard :-(

thanks,
i love it when people notice. it took a while but finally people have started to notice.
my grandma came up to visit the other day and said "your wasting away, your shrinking, you look fantastic" she couldnt seem to get enough - even having a read through my dukan book. and i went to see my dad the other day and he said i was looking amazing. its just so encouraging when you get lovely comments =]

hiya pearl

welcome to the forum, i am just about to commence week 2, so im a newby but everyone is fab on here and extremely helpful :)

you look amazing in your piccys - such a big change - well done you

look forward to chatting

x

Hi Pearl,

just thought I'd also drop in to say hello. Well everyone has already said it - well done!! I don't have proper 'before' pictures either, just incidental ones, I'm not usually in photos - I take them! I do have a couple of trousers though I should take a classic 'weight watcher advertising' photo!!

As for Boobs - I can only speak as a post-BFing mum (at 40 - aargh), mine that were not huge to start with (after two kids they were B verging on A), they have now disappeared to nothing - AA. With a wide back (38, one dimension where I have not changed at all) it's a size that's going to be hard to find. But you as a curvy young lady should have no problems keeping your shape in that department.

As for Men and food - I now clearly mark some of 'my' food (no danger with yoghurt, cottage cheese or quark!!) in the fridge otherwise I'll find all my lean ham, cooked chicken or fish earmarked for lunch etc disappears with DH who makes his lunch an hour before me.

People noticing: I lost most of my weight in the summer so lots of people hadn't seen me since July so I have been getting lots of comments recently, about the time I reached target too. It still feels nice and motivates me no end to stick with it now. Saw my line manager (she's an academic and was on leave) for the first time in months and she was truly impressed.
I don't think I've even sent a proper pic to my mum yet (she lives in Belgium) I'm sure she'll be impressed, she last saw me at the beginning of August when some losses were beginning to show.

Anyway, welcome, very impressed with your achievement so far and glad you joined us.

Back