Pearly's Dukan Diary

my partner is on dukan as well so luckily anything in the house is good to eat for both of us =]
i'm one of those people who looks in the mirror and still sees a huge person so i knew i needed to take a before picture, one to motivate me and two so i actually know i am shrinking =]
at my biggest my boobs were a 42G i'd be happy with a C i think =]

Hello Pearl and welcome,

The others have said it all, so I just thought I'd give you a wave!

Hi to both of you =]
So today has been wonderful so far, woke up about 10ish and stayed in bed till 11 which was very nice (trying to avoid the washing up) had a shower and went and met my boyfriend for lunch - had a subway chicken salad very nice, i love being able to go out for food even though im dieting. then i dropped him back at work and came home and decided that only very loud music could get me through the washing up. it did the trick and three hours later the washing up is done, the beds are changed, the bathrooms are bleeched and the oven is sparking. now time to relax on the laptop =]
i've had a constant sweet taste in my mouth all day. i dont know what it is (ketosis? but thats meant to be metallic isnt it?) but either way its driving me mad so i am drinking lots so i shall definately get my water intake today. oh and were going to feed the ducks tonight which shall be my exercise as we usually walk around the lake atleast once or twice while we are there =]

hey pearl hunny can u tell wot is in ur subway chicken salad thanks , and sounds like ur having a great evening !!!!!!!!!!

i am a rather boring salad person =p
so i had chicken breast (they also do tikka chicken which is nice) with lettuce and cucumber. - not particuarly worth it if paying full price, but we have some buy one get one free vouchers so good for lunch with the boy.
went to sainsburys and got our reduced bread to feed the ducks. it was a little bit cold and im wearing a skirt and tights today so thought i would try on my knee high boots as they would keep me nice and warm and GUESS WHAT!!! i can zip them up =]=] which is brilliant as i havent been able to do them up for years =]
had our walk, fed the ducks and we were debating going to harvesters for dinner but we were very good and came home and used the chicken that was in the fridge =]

Well done Pearl :) what for? well...

the bargain hunting duck bread...

not giving in to temptation for an evening meal out...diet saving and moneysaving :D result!

and getting into your knee highs again :) I love knee high boots at this time of the year :)

Keep at it xxx

p.s. also using vouchers at lunch time :) you're my kinda girl! :D

thank you very much it has been a rather good day overal =]
im thinking about starting to go to aquafit, anothing thing about living in a small town is its only on once a week. back in bristol there was about 3 classes a day through all the different centres. so i think i may start doing that on mondays - shame i have to wait all the way till next week but oh wells =]

My mum does an aqua class a few times a week at the gym by the big asda.

Where did you go in Bristol? Everywhere I've looked only has daytime classes.

Funny you mention knee high boots here cos I've just been talking about them (and my inability to get my fat calves in a pair!!)...

Do you work pearly ?

good day today again =] i am down to 219lb, so two goals i wanted to reach under 220lb and under 100kg yay =]

My mum does an aqua class a few times a week at the gym by the big asda.

Where did you go in Bristol? Everywhere I've looked only has daytime classes.
in bristol i used to have an gym passport for south glos, so used to go to kingswood, bradley stoke, longwell green (nice and new), thornbury and yate. as i was a student it was only £16 a month, bargain and i got to do anything i wanted at any of the centres. cant wait to move back to bristol to be honest.

Funny you mention knee high boots here cos I've just been talking about them (and my inability to get my fat calves in a pair!!)...

Do you work pearly ?
i've had my boots ages but they only fitted for about 2 months, so now i can get back into them i am going to make the most of it and wear them with everything =p they are so comfy and warm.
I have two jobs, but im not currently working. waiting for my security checks and all that sort of stuff to go through before i can start.
my first job is for nhs doing outpatients booking - people phone up and i make appointments.
and my second job is also for the nhs as a support worker for people with eating disorders.
its a 12 bed unit and most people are there for at least 3-6 months. i cant wait to start properly =]

Well done for the weigh in!

and my second job is also for the nhs as a support worker for people with eating disorders.
its a 12 bed unit and most people are there for at least 3-6 months. i cant wait to start properly =]

Gosh! Any spare beds? Any idea what the job involves? Sounds like my sort of thing (inmate not staff!) - mind you, it could be for people "the other way" I guess... probably is...

i've added an avatar so you can put a face to a name =]

Well done for the weigh in!

Gosh! Any spare beds? Any idea what the job involves? Sounds like my sort of thing (inmate not staff!) - mind you, it could be for people "the other way" I guess... probably is...

beds are pretty much full at all times, if patients cant secure full funding then they come in as day cases. there are a full range of eating disorders but the main being anorexia and bullimia. and ages range from 17 upwards.
I am there to ensure continuing day to day routine, so getting up, hygiene, feeding, chores and rehabilitation and then also to support and be guidance and a trusted figure they can go to when required. I am majorly looking forward to it, the only thing i am worried about is eating, as we are expected to eat the same thing and with patients. but with that type of enviroment i am going to have to suck it up and put my fears behind me as my job is more important. i shall just have to sift my pv days around so they tie in with work.

Absolutely re PV... I can't honestly think they'll appreciate your showing anorexic patients that you're dieting (although it's "interesting" that they expect you to eat with them...).

It'll be a very interesting experience for you I'm sure...

its to encourage a normal 'family' style eating experience i believe and to show that we are there to support them at all times.

Afternoon Pearly :) x Just checking in on all the diaries and thought I'd say hi and well done on the goal breaking :)......x

hey hun im doing wot sarah is doing cos i think i missed ur's this afternoon ,and of course you look really pretty

when will u be weighing in.........

i've never really had an official weigh in day, i weight myself daily just to keep a check on things and update when i remember. i may set tomorrow (wed) as my official weigh in though, mid week should do me =]

Back