5 slices wafer thin ham
1/2 tsp oregano.
1 hex b cheese

Beat eggs, add cheese and chopped ham
Pour into cases then add some oregano to each one
Cook gas 6 until set

null_zps55beb524.jpg

WINTER WARMER VEGETABLE & POTATO SOUP

a pack of vegetables pre chopped or whatever veg you have in fridge.
i used a pack of chopped red onions, potatoes, swede, leeks carrots.

emptied pack into a saucepan and just covered veg with water
added 2 tbsp veg oxo squuezy or use 1-2 veg stock cubes
add salt and pepper and a herb stockpot.

allow to simmer until veg soft then blitz.

null_zps6303efbd.jpg

TACO MINCE WITH HASSELBACK CHEESY POTATOES

1 PACK OF BEEF MINCE (500G)
6-8 MUSHROOMS SLICED
1 ONION CHOPPED
LARGE JACKET POTATO
AN OXO CUBE ( ANY FLAVOUR)
1 HEX CHEESE

1TBSP OF TACO MIX

TACO MIX

1 TBSP CHILLI POWDER
1/4 TSP GARLIC POWDER
1/4 TSP ONION POWDER
1/4 TSP DRIED CHILLI FLAKES
1/4 TSP OREGANO
1/2 TSP PAPRIKA
1 1/2 TSP CUMIN
1 TSP SEA SALT
1 TSP BLACK PEPPER

MIX INGREDIENTS AND STORE IN A JAR AND USE 2 TBLSP OF MIX PER 1LB OF MEAT, AND 1 CUP OF WATER

cook potatoes in oven until done, leave to cool long enough to be able to handle

meanwhile, pan fry the mince with mushrooms and onions and 1 tbsp of the taco mix . add extra water if needed. i also added a beef oxo cube as it needed browning a bit for me

slice the jackets with deep cuts but not right through the potato.
stff cheese into the slits, then sprinkle on an oxo cube of choice or some aromat seasoning. spray with frylight and back into oven to melt and crisp up.

the taco mince has a real cajun, mexican kinda taste - lovely

serve

null_zps8edb9fd8.jpg

image-3126062697.jpg

Taco mix made up

Last edited:
SPANISH SAUSAGE & BEAN STEW

Serves 4

3 RASHERS OF BACON CHOPPED
1 PACK OF JOES SAUSAGES OR EQUIVALENT LOW SYN SAUSAGES (8 in total)
36g OF CHORIZO SLICES QUARTERED ( 3 SYNS)
1 LARGE ONION CHOPPED
3 GARLIC CLOVES CRUSHED
3 TBSP TOMATO PURÉE
1TBSP PAPRIKA
1 400G CAN BAKED BEANS ( COULD USE CANNELINI BEANS IF WANTED)
2 TOMATOES CHOPPED

in a large pan sprayed with fry light cook bacon and sausages for 10 mins on low heat to brown.

Remove from pan set aside

Cook chorizo, garlic and onion for 7 mins

Return the bacon and sausages to the pan along with the purée, paprika and 500ml water, leave to simmer uncovered on low for 20 mins.

Stir in the beans and tomatoes and cook for 5 mins.

Serve with mash

null_zpsff54c757.jpg

APPLE BATTER PUDDING

6.5 SYNS PER PORTION

It was so easy and cooked in 25 mins, really yummy almost like having a sponge.

recipe made 4 good servings at 6.5 syns

85G PLAIN FLOUR
285ml MILK
2 EGGS
1 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
30G CASTER SUGAR. (I USED 15g OF HALF SPOON)
300g APPLE SLICED
1 level tbsp DEMERARA SUGAR

Preheat oven gas 5 / 190c
Spray a shallow dish with frylight and place sliced Apples over the bottom.
Sieve flour into a bowl.
In a jug mix together vanilla, eggs, milk, caster sugar
Pour slowly into the flour and bind together until you have a smooth batter.
Pour batter over apples sprinkle with cinnamon or mixed spice if you wish, and scatter Demerara sugar.
Bake for 25mins or until browned and cooked through.

null_zps7c810f3a.jpg

null_zpsbca5f93f.jpg

TACO MINCE WITH HASSELBACK CHEESY POTATOES

1 PACK OF BEEF MINCE (500G)
6-8 MUSHROOMS SLICED
1 ONION CHOPPED
LARGE JACKET POTATO
AN OXO CUBE ( ANY FLAVOUR)
1 HEX CHEESE

1TBSP OF TACO MIX

TACO MIX

1 TBSP CHILLI POWDER
1/4 TSP GARLIC POWDER
1/4 TSP ONION POWDER
1/4 TSP DRIED CHILLI FLAKES
1/4 TSP OREGANO
1/2 TSP PAPRIKA
1 1/2 TSP CUMIN
1 TSP SEA SALT
1 TSP BLACK PEPPER

MIX INGREDIENTS AND STORE IN A JAR AND USE 2 TBLSP OF MIX PER 1LB OF MEAT, AND 1 CUP OF WATER

cook potatoes in oven until done, leave to cool long enough to be able to handle

meanwhile, pan fry the mince with mushrooms and onions and 1 tbsp of the taco mix . add extra water if needed. i also added a beef oxo cube as it needed browning a bit for me

slice the jackets with deep cuts but not right through the potato.
stff cheese into the slits, then sprinkle on an oxo cube of choice or some aromat seasoning. spray with frylight and back into oven to melt and crisp up.

the taco mince has a real cajun, mexican kinda taste - lovely

serve

null_zps8edb9fd8.jpg

Oooooohhhhhhhh very nice missus !!!!!!!!! :) x

Sent from my GT-S5839i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow!!!! Great simple recipes. Wished I had found you earlier. The Taco mince. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Wow!!!! Great simple recipes. Wished I had found you earlier. The Taco mince. mmmmmmmmmmmm

It was yummy , although I added a bit more water than original recipe so see how you go. I'm going to experience my with it and see if I can get it a bit richer xx

SKINNY BEEF & LEEK LASAGNE

its an adaptation of the hairy bikers dieters skinny beef & leek lasagne recipe and Pete's version. i just tweaked about a bit with the two.

basically theres no lasagne sheets in it, its just leeks cut down one side of the leek then opened out and blanched.
i found it a bit watery so add less and see how you go.
Ingredients

200ml/7fl oz beef stock, made with 1 beef stock cube - i added a beef stockpot, & some brown sauce

• 400g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp tomato purée
  • 1 heaped tsp dried oregano
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 375 skimmed milk (1Hea)1tbsp cornflower (3.5 syns/4=0.8syn per person)
  • freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
  • 180g reduced fat cheddar (4 Hea/4= 1Hea)salt and pepper

• Preparation method

• Trim the leeks until they are about the same width as your lasagne dish. Cut the leeks lengthways through to the middle but no further.
  • Open out the leeks and remove five or six of the narrow leaves from the centre of each leek. Thinly slice these inner leaves. Separate the larger leaves - these will become your 'lasagne'.
  • Finely chop half the onion and cut the other half into wedges. Thinly slice the celery and dice the carrots.
  • Put the minced beef in a large non-stick frying pan with the sliced leeks, chopped onion, celery, carrots and garlic.
  • Place the pan over a medium-high heat and fry without added fat for about 10 minutes until lightly coloured. You'll need to break up the mince with a couple of wooden spatulas or spoons as it cooks.
  • Stir in the chopped mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes more. The pan should look fairly dry at this point.
  • add beef stock (and gradually add water to desired consistency - this is where i added too much)
    Add the canned tomatoes, tomato purée and dried oregano, then drop a bay leaf into the pan and bring it to a simmer. Season with lots of freshly ground black pepper.
  • Turn down the heat slightly and leave the mince to simmer for 20-30 minutes until rich and thick, stirring occasionally. ( mine wasnt as rich and thick so id add less stock next time.)
  • While the mince is cooking, put the onion wedges in a saucepan with the remaining bay leaf. In a small bowl mix three tablespoons of the milk with the cornflour.
  • Pour the rest of the milk into the pan with the onion wedges and set it over a low heat. Bring to a very gentle simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave the milk to infuse for 10 minutes.
  • Half fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the leek 'lasagne' and bring the water back to the boil.
  • Cook the leeks for five minutes or until very tender. It is important that the leeks are tender, or the lasagne will be tricky to cut later when serving
  • Drain in a colander under running water until cold. Drain on kitchen paper or a clean tea towel.
  • Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
  • Remove the onion wedges and bay leaf from the infused milk with a slotted spoon, then return the pan to the heat. Give the cornflour and milk mixture a good stir until it is smooth once more and pour it into the pan with the infused milk.
  • Bring to a simmer and cook for five minutes, stirring regularly until the sauce is smooth and thick.
  • Season the sauce with a good grating of nutmeg to taste and plenty of ground black pepper.
  • If the sauce is a little too thick to pour easily, whisk in a couple more tablespoons of milk.
  • Spoon a third of the mince mixture into a 2.5 litre lasagne dish. Top with a layer of blanched leeks. Repeat the layers twice more, finishing with leeks. Pour the white sauce over the leeks and top with sliced tomatoes, if you wish and the cheddar cheese and sprinkle all over the top. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden-brown and bubbling.
  • Divide into portions with your sharpest knife. Serve with a freshly dressed green salad.

beautiful.

null_zps6b8d4e5d.jpg

BEEF GOULASH
( k wise recipe )
--------------------
Serves 4
INGREDIENTS
Frylight
1lb beef /pork or lamb cubes ( I used beef )
2 onions, chopped or sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded & diced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
33g Chorizo, diced (3 syns)
1 tin quality plum tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp paprika
1 x rich beef stock pot
1 x herb infusions stock pot
Pinch of dried herbs
Salt and pepper
Sour cream / Greek yoghurt

METHOD
Fry beef cubes in frylight in a heavy bottomed pan until browned. Take out and fry chopped onions, diced peppers, garlic and chorizo until soft. Add tomatoes, paprika,stock, chilli, herb infusions and beef and season. Bring to boil. Transfer to a ceramic dish and cook at gas 4 for 3 hours. Serve and add a dollop of 0% Fat Greek yoghurt if required

null_zps60168096.jpg

CHICKEN BREAST IN MUSHROOM & PHILLY SAUCE WITH MARMITE ROAST POTATOES
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serves 4

4 chicken breasts
180g mushrooms sliced
150g Philadelphia of your choice, I used garlic & herbs (1/4 hea each serving )
1 chicken stockpot
150ml water
Black pepper

Potatoes - enough for amount you're feeding, and according to the plan you're on (red, green or EE)
1 tsp marmite
1 tsp semolina

Parboil potatoes , drain then shake to fluff up. Add marmite and semolina and toss to coat. Transfer to actifry , spray with fry light and cook for 20 mins.

Fry light pan and gently fry butterflied chicken breasts until cooked through
In another pan boil mushrooms in 150 ml water and a stockpot/ cube
When cooked through add Philly and stir until reaches right consistency. If not thickening I add a sprinkling of smash .

null_zpsf76567f4.jpg

PEBBLES ALL DAY BREAKFAST

2 MEDIUM POTATOES
2 RASHERS BACON
2 EGGS
1 ONION
HANDFUL MUSHROOMS
HEA OF CHEESE

peel then slice potatoes into rounds
put into actifry to cook
when 6 mins left add chopped onion, chopped bacon and sliced mushrooms
when cooked serve and grate over the cheese then poach two eggs and place on top - divine

null_zpsd40d8abd.jpg

GRILLED LAMB WITH TZATZIKI
--------------------------------------

Serves 2

2 lean lamb leg steaks
1 garlic clove
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
Black pepper
Pack or bunch of asparagus

TZATZIKI
-----------
1 inch piece of cucumber cut into small strips
1/2 tsp dried mint
Pinch salt , black pepper
1tbsp lemon juice
4 oz natural yogurt, 1/2 tsp garlic granules.

Chop garlic and mix with herbs and black pepper , sprinkle over meat to marinate for a couple of hrs.
Preheat grill and place on a tray , cook to desired taste.

Steam asparagus and serve with lamb. Mix all ingredients of TZATZIKI together and serve

20140112-082223.jpg

Last edited:
BROCCOLI & STILTON SOUP & CROUTONS
-----------------------------------------------------

Serves 2 huge bowls or divide further and change (hexa accordingly) total 2 hea's

Head of broccoli,
Small onion
1 clove garlic,
1 veg stock cube
60g Stilton
1 slice of toast per person ( from heb allowance depending on bread you're using. ) mine was 1/2 heb

Put broccoli, diced onion, crushed garlic, stock cube into saucepan, add enough water to cover and cook
When tender, blitz and add Stilton, salt and pepper.

Cut toast into croutons and add to soup with a seasoning of ground chilli, garlic and salt

null_zps227f8e69.jpg

PEBBLES EASY PEESY PASTA & MEATBALLS
------------------------------------------------------
1 tub of dolmio stir in sauce for pasta (4 syns per portion based on 2 portions in pack)
300g pasta
3 mushrooms sliced
1 pack Linda McCartney rosemary sausages

Boil pasta, sauté mushrooms, then add stir in sauce and stir through.
Break sausages into 3 and roll into balls then grill
When heated through add to pasta & season.

Make with a home made sauce for a syn free meal.

20140112-082039.jpg

Last edited:
Back