Pedometer help please!!

NeedsMotivation

Hello I am looking for a pedometer that has a pause button. I want to try and loose weight and thought using a pedometer would be a great way of measuring how far i am walking each day with the view of increasing it weekly maybe, the problem i have is that the pedometers i have bought in the past also measure my movements when cycling so not an accurate measurement of my steps so have been looking for one that i can "pause" while cycling
Thanks in advance for any help

Hi there ... can't you just unclip it when you are cycling?

I wear a pedometer all the time and I must admit I keep mine on when I'm cycling (so it counts towards the steps lol) but if I don't want it to register, I can just unclip it and pop it in my bag.

The one I use is the Omron HJ-151 Hip Pedometer - and it's by far the best I've ever had. It clips to anything and doesn't fall off (I've had previous ones fall down the loo! :eek:) Simple to use, it calculates distance covered, calories burned, number of 'aerobic' steps etc and it stores all the data for 7 days.

There are more expensive Omron pedometers that do have a pause button though if you really want one. If you look on Amazon - you'll see them all there.

Thanks for your reply Morrigan, i think i am gonna get the Omron walking style pro pedometer i like the idea of being able to connect it to the pc, a gimmick i know but hoping seeing the numbers on the pc screen will keep me motivated :)
transparent-pixel._V192263529_.gif

Back