Pedometer

Sammi N

Anything but Regular
Hi all, right well I have nearly got to the end of week 2 and still finding things to keep me motivated. So far I have set myself some mini goals, I have just done my measurements to spur me on even if lbs loss are not that huge I can keep track on inches. I have also just got hold of a pedometer as something else to keep me busy. Am trying various things to keep me occupied and the more I have to keep track of im hoping the less i have time to daydream of food.

What I would like to know is what is a good number to clock up on a pedometer to know that i am helping the loss process by light exercising. I dont want to put too much pressure on myself to walk constantly but i would like to know im moving enough to make a difference and work towards doing increased exercise once im fully established and confidently settled on cd? Any advice would be most helpful :confused:

With the pedometer I would wear it for a day doing all the normal things you do and see how many steps you take. Then try and do a few more steps each day :)

Annie x

Hey Sammi... I bought one this morning after reading an artical in a fitness mag yesterday. It said that 10,000 steps a day is the ideal amount for good health and fitness. An average person takes between 3,500 - 5,000 per day. Taking 10,000 steps is a distance of approx 5 miles and it would result in better health and lower weight. 10,000 step benchmark is now accepted as being equivalent to the government guideline of 30mins of physical exercise for cardiovascular health per day.
Im gonna start using mine tomorrow. I'll be clipping it on first thing in the morn and taking it off last thing. Will see how many steps Ive managed. Doubt it'll be anything close to 10,000, but my plan is to gradually increase and soon be able to do 10,000 minimum daily.

Oooh thanks for that, interesting information there. I clipped mine on this morning and intend to see what i norm average at then make sure i go for some long walks. I have a 4 month old so will walk him around so thats an extra bit of exercise to keep me motivated.

One thing i did find (had it clipped to trouser band) is that if id change position whilst sitting down it was clocking up steps still. I have a huge reading and all id done was sit and watch hollyoaks. Might have to remove whilst sitting in future. :)

It will be interesting to see if im as active as i seem to convince myself i am, so the days results from tomorrow will def be interesting to see. Good luck with yours.

Back