pedometers

kati

Gold Member
I was thinking, I do a lot of walking in my job that maybe I should get a pedometer and see exactly how much I do. Maybe its not that much at all i just feel like it is. I do know that once I get there at 7 30 I don't sit down at all till I go home at about 4, so I must do a good few steps in that time mustn't I?

So I thought I'd ask if anyone knows where to get one from and how much theyre likely to cost (if it's lots then I'm not really bothered how many steps I do lol) anyone know?

I bought one in ASDA for £4.50 it tells the time, how many steps, how many calories burnt and how far ive walked.
You have to programme in your weight and your step length (explains how to measure this) to get accurate readings. I find it quite motivational as i try to beat my total every day. was up to 9000 last night.

wow that sounds complicated lol. Thanks you were extra quick with that reply!

i will go to asda at the weekend and have a look for one of those

Hi Kati

Myself, DQ & Shazza all have the Omron Pedometer. It is fantastic and even resets itself at midnight and has a 6 day memory function. Worth every penny...it was quite pricey for a pedometer about £20+ but definitely worth it as it doesn't register every little movement but just genuine aerobic and non-aerobic steps.

I had bought many of the "cheapie" ones over the years and they either kept breaking or counting steps if I coughed, so decided to invest in this one last year and haven't looked back since!!!

This is the one i have:

[amazon]B000FBRC64[/amazon]

I like it use it every day. I would strongly recomend it, its fantastic. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. Easy to setup and easy to flick through the menus.

Pierce

I use an Omrom one but I got through Fitbug - FEEL GREAT, STAY IN SHAPE, LOSE WEIGHT - UK you sign up with them and each week they set you targets. It's really good & keeps me focussed (most of the time LOL). You can also enter what you've eaten each day & they work out with the number of steps you're doing whether you'll gain or lose weight. This is my main way of exercising as I'm not a gym bunny :)

They're just in the process of updating their website, but worth a look.

It's the same pedometer and website that they use on Diet Doctors if you've seen that.

Ooh it's changed the link from www fitbug.co.uk but hopefully will still work

This is the one i have:

[amazon]B000FBRC64[/amazon]

I like it use it every day. I would strongly recomend it, its fantastic. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. Easy to setup and easy to flick through the menus.

Pierce

Isn't it just brilliant Pierce!!! :D

I have thought about putting mine on my dog she does sleep for most of the day, but when we do go out she doesn't half cover some miles.

Just out of interest you understand ;)

Back