Penicillin

headdown

Morning everyonely

I posted on the 100% forum yesterday, I was trying to find my way round the new site.

I started a weeks worth of penicillin yesterday for tonsilitis. I asked if I was ok to start exante as I am getting packs delivered today. I had some very helpful answers for which I am greatful advising me not to start.

What I am wanting to know is would I do myself any harm by starting.

The thing is, day 2 of tablets today and to be honest throat not too bad today but feel generally tired and rubbish, a bit chesty. I am off work as I have patient contact at work so can't be spreading my germs. I am thinking I would like to start while I am off work so I can 'get into it for a few days' and I feel rubbish anyway so first few days of exante will be done while im not to well (if you know what I mean).

My delivery is 4-5pm today so couldn't start today but looking at tomorrow. I could do the working solution plan and have a bit of chicken/tuna for a couple of days and hopefully be 100% TS by work on Monday.

Sorry for the long post but have tried VLCD before so know how hard it is to get into it and I have hit rock bottom with how I feel about myself and hve convinced myself that this is my last chance at losing this weight for good.

Hopefully someone will answer and just realised how long this thread is, !

hey head down i dont no if this helps but im currently on penicillin for a chest infection and im ts altho i did sneak a boiled egg yesterday lol :D but i feel fine xxx

Thanks Clair

Just had my packs delivered and got 5 porridge free, gonna start tomorrow but on WS for 2 days x x

yep i got 10 free packs lol its becuase they are out of date at the end of the month so try to use them up :) good luck xxx

I was on antibiotics for a week when I was on TS and I felt quite ill while taking them. It did say in the side effects that nausea was common so it could have been coincidence and nothing to do with the diet. The ones I was on were flucloxacillin, which I think is in the same family of drugs as penecillin.

They still worked though!

Oh an hope you feel better soon, I suffered so so badly when I was a teenager and eventually had my tonsils out. It can be really unpleasant and make you feel very poorly. Make sure you drink plenty of water xx

thanks

Ive had my first shake and a bit of water. Might have a coffee in a bit x x

Back