People starting LL in March...

Well girls after 6 months of no food and loosing over 4 stone I've thrown in the lighter life towel. My BP kept going low and I felt qute ill & very tearful and following last Tuesdays realisation that I'd only lost 2 ibs in a month I said that is enough! Off to weight watchers I go for the last 2 stone. Ideally I would have liked to have done management but really didnt want to faff for 11 weeks, plus feeling so ill! Instead I've signed up for a gym triathalon & will go to ww which will hopefully shift the last bit! I AM disappointed not to get to the end on LL but just have to accept that this is what my body wants & I have to listen! I have also managed to get a free climbing wall lesson which I would NEVER have done before! I hope you dont mind if I still pop in though? We've all been on such an incredible journey & I still want to see how you all are! Thanks for the incredible support along the way. I really couldnt have done it without you!

i have been having similar thoughts ISOM. Having real trouble justifying the expense with my recent weight loss. May swap to Cambridge, or go it alone for a bit then do a refreshers so I can do management. Not sure. May just be a bit depressed at the moment!

Hello peeps!

I started mid-feb so have popped onto this thread on and off as there isn't one for feb-starters.

I know how you're feeling littleblue. I wasn't getting anything out of developers meetings and couldn't stick the packs any longer so switched to CD a few days ago. It was a tough decision but it had been on my mind for quite a while before I actually did it.

The packs on CD are so much nicer and I feel so much more positive about getting to my goal now. The change has really spurred me on to lose the last couple of stone or so I have left to get to goal :D

Hi Ladies,

Been away for a 2 weeks, treated myself to a shopping holiday in New York. Spent way too much money and had to pay overweight charges on my baggage :( but had a ball even though on packs while there :sigh:

ISOM - Sorry to here that your health has been suffering! You have made the right decision, you have to do what's best for you at the end of the day. Hope you will pop in and let us know how you get on with WW.:wave_cry: Hope you enjoy the wall climb!!!

LittleBlue - I also had thoughts of swapping over to CD but decided in the end I wanted to do LL Management. Development is awful and I only attended a few of the meetings, I just did pop-ins instead which suited me better. I think Development is a very hard time and we don't get the same support as we did in foundation. Well done for getting back on track! :clap:

Hey Mandy, How is it going? When do you start Management? You must be getting close now! I am doing developers for 1 more week and then going on to management.

Hi Sandra, How are you getting on now? back on track? I have found the last few weeks very hard, especially being away on holiday, lots of temptation. Gave in to some vegetables and dried apricots on the plane :sign0137: I never thought my lapse would be plane food!!!!! But hadn't eaten a pack in about 12 hours and was a little desperate.

Hi Chinchilla, Glad the change to CD is working out for you. I have heard that alot on here from people who change over. All the best with your weight loss!

Samantha :)

Hi Sam great to have you back glad you had a good holiday I am about 10 st 8 at min just want to reach 9st something then I will start management another couple of weeks should do it.
Hi isom so sorry to hear you have not been feeling well good luck doing ww please keep in touch would miss you on hear lots of love Mandy x.

Well done on the weight loss so far Mandy, won't be long at all to get to 9 stone something. Will let you know what management is like. A bit scared about it all but i'm sure it will be fine.

Samantha :)

Last edited:
Aww bi hugs LB - I know you've been struggling a while. I was going to wait untl next week for WW but thik now would be a good idea. I'm not going mad but need some structure after the total nothing of LL. I was disappointed not to do management but will try & work through the book instead. Can understand wanting to change to CD. Development is naff and as my group had people in management, not having done foundation and developers it didnt really work IMO as people in very different places where food was concerned. At least with WW I can start as I mean to go on but MUST retain focus which is hard ging from no food to a world of it! The major plus is that I have energy & can get to the allotment today and do some digging! Yahoo! Never throught I'd miss digging!! Big hugs for you all with your dilmmas. Great that people dont mind me popping n - would feel like my arm had been chopped off!! Am quite excited about the wall climb! Always wanted to have a go as scared of heights & like to conquer these things!

Thanks Sam your also doing really well will be interested to see how you get on in rtm am also a bit worried about starting it good luck keep in touch luv Mandy x.

Sam - all the best with management. I am in awe of you doing packs in NYC and I'm not that surprised about breaking abstinence on the plane. In May when I went to NZ I had intended to stay abstinent and fell as soon as they announced dinner was coming around! But then again, Air NZ has always had a good rep for food - one of my cousins did chef training with them in Auckland.

We went to NYC in February just before I started LL and I'm so glad I went before I started because food is so much a part of the NYC experience. I am planning a trip back as my reward for getting to goal... :D

Sorry to hear you're struggling LB. I have been as well. Development has been a mixed bag for me. Started off bad as I was with people who just wanted to chat about their weeks and we had no counselling. Swapped to another group (same LLC) with better focus on counselling BUT after a month of that several of them are nearing management and the group is dwindling. I told the locum (as LLC is on hols) I need to be with other longtimers as I have at least 5 stone left to lose and that will take some time. So not sure what will happen now...

As for me, I promised myself a good week and it wasn't as good as it could have been BUT at the same time it hasn't been a disaster and I've had a significant loss. Actually I think I got saved by some dodgy fish - I ate on Saturday and then spent the evening in the toilet and got cleaned out again. Back on track now but hungry due to not being in ketosis. Will let you know on Wednesday how I get on.

wow..

you've done well, I'm impressed! started LL on saturday for first time, haven't worked out how to do the ticker yet! first three days were difficult but today is day 4 and I woke up feeling nauseous which I still am and with outrageous heartburn! finding it difficult to drink the water today because of that and now have a headache, lethargy and just feel generally rotten! please tell me this passes because I think I might give in and eat if I don't feel better....:sigh:

Hi fatcow oh thats hard to write, dont give up I had horrendous indigestion with the packs to begin with but I just added more water to them and I was fine. It really is worth putting up with the first week it def gets easier stick with it good luck.
luv Mandy x.

Thanks Sandra, I know what you mean about NY and food tho. It was hard as my friends went to some nice restaurants and I had my vege soup mmmmmmm :rolleyes: But I just kept saying to myself... it will be here when you come back. So next year I will be back and can enjoy the food without the guilt.

Yes I agree AirNZ do have some nice meals. I usually fly singapore airlines as they fly direct into CHCH (my home town) and the signapore to chch part is run by AirNZ. Had some REALLY nice food when I went home in October last year. Heading back there April 08 for my wedding and hoping will be alot more comfy in the plane seat this time around! Something I did notice on the NY flight I had room either side of my butt LOL!!!

Glad to hear about your loss, let us know how wednesday goes. Have you thought about changing LLC's? As your development group doesn't sound very useful at all. Maybe another LLC would have a bigger and better group. I know my one has 2 development groups and always lots of ppl.

Take care

Samantha

Hi fatcow I started on 14th March and up to now have lost 5st 10.5lbs. The first week in foundation is hard but it does get easier and the end result is life changing. Hope you decide to stick it out keep in touch
luv Mandy x.

Woo HOO!

:party0049::party0049::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:
Okay
I'm on here to dance around in public and scream to the world - I lost 8lbs!

This makes up for a few bad weeks and now takes me to 61lbs lost. 5 more pounds and I'm halfway.

I feel SO good tonight.

WOOOOOHOOOOO Well done Sandra, 8lbs is well worth dancing for!!!!!

:party0038::party0011::party0019::wow:

Hi Ladies :)

How is everyone getting on this week?

I started Management on Friday so got to eat a piece of protein, my first in 6 months! Pretty scared about starting to eat and jumped on the scales right after to see if i had put on anything:eek: how stupid is that!!

I get to add salad today and very excited about it more so than the protein as all through the diet it was salad that i craved (yeah i know i'm weird). Also excited about the fact that with more choices my BF and I might be able to go to a restaurant and BOTH eat for a change.

Hope you all have had a good weekend, take care.

Samantha

ISOM

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck with WW , I have been around since the beginning of your journey (joined LL 23rd of March) and have read your posts and watched your progress and am so glad that you will still pop in as I would miss your lovely posts and pretty pink flower avator!
I was quite surprised as i hadnt been into your blog, but you gave it your all and i know that you must have reached the end of the road to make the switch. I have admired your determination , and perseverance over the months becuase you have had slower losses than some that have eaten on route (myself included) and I have been amazed by your patience at times when I think I would have given up. I was interested when reading your blog about your LLC , I thought I had an Ok relationship with my LLC , she wasnt in the great catorgory that some people on the forum had , but i didnt really bother her much as I used minis for support really, but when I left she was a bit nasty and I was left upset and slightly traumatised for quite a while, so I can understand your feelings in this area.
Anyway I am with CD at the moment as I dont think I am quite ready for complete food imersion yet , but CD have lots of half and half kinda plans that you can do while still losing so I am finding it ideal for the stage I am at just now.
Good Luck ISOM and please keep popping in this thread after all you started it and I always think of you as its Queen!
Love HCW

Hi ISOM,
I'd like to add to that, I've never posted on this thread before, I joined LL at the end of May. BUT I wouldn't have done if I hadn't started by reading your LL starters in March thread. Having read what you all wrote and you in particular ISOM with your charm and good nature and allotments stories I wanted to start LL. Thank you for getting me started, and I wish you all the very best with weight watchers, your photos are wonderful. I am sure you have the determination to see anything through
XX

Back