People starting LL in March...

Hi ladies

I haven't updated my ticker yet but last night I only lost the lb I put on last week. I really struggled last week and last night I felt bad at group. Our developers group has disappeared and for the last 3 weeks it has just been the 3 of us who did foundation together - and the other two have started management.

Last night they were talking about converting the session into a management session- allowing me to keep coming and promised not to discuss food. I numbly nodded but felt awful about this.

What I was thinking of was swapping to CD. What is the point of paying the extra when I'm getting no support and the people I am seeing have finished!

Anyway, she asked how I was getting on and it al came out - how I feel that no-one is on the same journey I'm on. I can see foodpacks stretching on for weeks and months and I need the support of others like me - who still have a lot of weight to lose.

So she has suggested I swap to a proper developers group that meets on Wednesday nights. I'm going along on Wednesday. We'll see but if it doesn't fit the bill, I might be a swapper.

I managed to lose 3lbs, so that is one more than the 2lbs I put on. I had a heart to heart with the locum (haven't had my llc since I started development) last week and it really seemed to help. We also demanded some counselling, as we had had none and no one had even explained the development books to us! This week was better as a result.

Well I had my first 'develpment meeting' last night, it was a complete fiasco I'm afraid and for the first time since I started in March I have seriously thought about packing in. This was the 3rd meeting I missed the first two becuase I was on holiday, there was about 17 of us with only 10 chairs. Loads of people knew each other form other founddation groups and sat in cliques chatting and ignoring anyone on thier own. I had only one other lady from my foundation and had it not been for her I would have run away crying I think. As you can imagine by the time our LLC had weighed everyone it was time to go and now she is splitting the group into two on a first come first served basis (by text!) And basically how quick you text back determines if you get the night that fits in with you.
All my worst fears about development have come true , just when I need the support and structured counselling sessions the most, I am devastated.
I saw the laughable scrap book thingy , looked like a primary school item and well I think honestly we are being conned.
There should be something else , I dont know what exactly , but a lot of people are now longing to eat something , and I thik CD have a lot more options regarding adding a limited meal that would be a lifeline to those jaded on sole source.
Perhaps a development group that allowed a n evening meal with managment type principles whilst still allowing you to loose weight perhaps at a slightly slower rate?
What does everybody else think?

Hi All

I've achieved my target weight and want to get off Lighterlife diet but don't fancy the lighterlife exit plan.

Has anyone got any advice or experiance in exiting directly without using the lighterlife plan???

Julia

Hi folks lost 7.5lbs this week and yes development is mighty strange no real structure to it but will keep going im not ready to face food on my own yet would start binging again for certain and any councelling at the mo is better than none for me be strong keep going giirls.
luv Mandy x. ps only a half pound to go for 5 stone off.

Hi all, sorry a bit behind this week! Lost 4 ibs so at last have now lost 4 stone 1 ibs! My development group is going quite well but there are people at lots of different stages which can be hard and some people who I dont think have done foundation. Feeling quite positive but wanting to get to the end!! Like everyone I guess! Great that you're finding focus Sandra! Hang in there hopefilly & well done little. I have to say I am convinced that management is the key to LL and identifying triggers, reactions to food etc so despite the extortionate cost & going to stick with it!

I lost 3 lbs last night - I was a tad disappointed (I know I shouldn't be) because my home scales had suggested a 5 lb loss. I think I may have had too much water before weighing in as my new group is at 8pm and I can't seem to stop sipping when I get home to distract myself from food...

Still - now more than 50 lbs so that is something to be celebrated!

Hi Ladies :)

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately just haven't had the time but have popped in to read up how everyone is doing. Sandra, I read your post on my contour wrap thread and I felt guilty for not posting more! And thanks for the comments.

It seems like LL really need to sort out their development meetings, although I am still focussed on the diet I am not even attending the group meetings at the moment and just popping in for food and weigh in. I am the only one left from my original group in development the others have all made the leap to management so have found it quite hard at the meetings not knowing anyone.

Sandra, glad to hear your new development meeting was better! And well done on the loss.
Over 50lbs!!! :party0049: thats fabulous!

ISOM - Great total loss so far also, well done! :party0011:

Mandy - 7.5lbs off in a week :clap: wow girl what are you doing?????? Wish I could lose that in a week.

Little Blue - Glad you demanded some counselling! LL is too expensive not to be getting everything from them.

I hope everyone has a good week :)

Samantha

sorry not been in much either a had a busy week! Been going to gym, working late so not getting home until late & shattered by then! Lost 2 ibs this week & getting there! Tummy definately shrinking as are boobs but getting tougher as time goes on! Definately hungry now I'm excercising & I dont care what LL say! I am!

Hellooooo anyone there? Another busy week for me and actually put on a pound (did another milk week) so hacked off bu STILL not eating! Its getting much harder though! How you all doing?

Hi isom I am struggling a bit at the minute finding development a bit hard. I am determined to reach my goal though at min I have lost 5st 4lbs just another 12 or 14lbs to go. Its good to hear from you hope all is well with you.
Luv Mandy x.

Im seriously overweight and thinking bt starting lighterlife. Can anyone who has lost a lot of weight please tell me where the excess skin goes?? Ive seen really bad pictures of people who have lost weight fast and they are left with lots of saggy bits.
Thankx

Hi Babs,
on some people it eventually goes back to normal, they say it can take a year for your skin to catch up with your weight loss. However do a search on the subject in the forums and you will hear a range of experiences. Most people agree, however, that they would rather have the skin than the fat! ( BTW, Icemoose's thread on Tummy Tucks is worth a read!)
Personally I have saggy skin, but going to the gym regularly has already made a visible difference and clothes hide a multitude of sins!

Hey LB! How you doing? Today has been excruciating and I made the mistake of making jam which seemed like a good idea at the time (ie make it now and eat it later!)! Decided no cooking until I go into maintenance....I think i have PMT (boob are REALLYpainful) and tired so going to have an early night. Think I'm just really hacked off with how slow the losses are and will give it another month & if it doesnt even out I'll go ito management then and loose the rest on conventional food after. Fingers crossed it DOES start shifting as I really would feel I had failed doing it that way...

I have had a bad time over the last few weeks, really fell of the wagon and couldn't get back on but back on track this week. Really pleased with myself! I see you have overtaken me with weight loss, I just feel I have wasted a lot of time and prolonged the time I am going to have to stay on the programme. I am now spurred on, just hope the scales reflect it on Monday! I have found my mojo!!

Sorry that it's been tough but you are bac on track. Development does take some getting used to & I so nearly caved in last night but managed not to. Making food not a good idea in ANY form & my theory that jam wouldnt hurt was wrong - there are some times that anything will do arent there eh! Who'd have thought! Anyway it looks delicious and will now mostly be given away to my guinea pigs (work collegues!) who can tell me if it's good. I did have to taste the apple & rhubarb as it had burned but literaly just had a taste so don't think that counts BUT I did almost continue for another but managed to chuck the spoon in soapy water! Dangerous & I won't repeat that one! Have woken up feeling more positive & trying to motivate myself to leave the house but feel safe & happily cocooned! Hope you all have a good day. Hugs all!

Hi Sandra we have all done it just dont beat yourself up about it this is a long journey all the best Mandy x.

Back