People starting LL in March...

Hi everyone, Ive got my second weigh in tomorrow, I lost 14 last week, so Im hoping I lose a few pounds:D
I will keep my fingers crossed XXX

Thanks Steph :)

Good Luck for your weigh in tomorrow BumpyBean :vibes:sending good weight loss vibes your way!

Hello all! Thanks both for sharing a bit about you! Can relate to what you said about feeling too blobby to date little! I think I've just protected myself with fat and its a scary thing to start loosing it but I am quite happy single - unless man on white horse arrives! Better to have no man than the wrong man! A kiwi among us yeah! One of my close friends is a kiwi married to a welshman & I'm gutted that they're going back to N in Sept but at least I get to have hols at cheap hotel when they move!! Well done bumpy but remember that on week 3 people sometimes lose a bit less in general so dont be too downhearted if its a bit less cos it all evens out!
ANyway...I went tonight & as you can see lost 7ibs! Group now "closed" so hope it will settle (srry v.into group dymanics!) & it was good to get to know people more. Am pleased with the loss but to be honest would have been disappointed this week with less after possiby the most hellish week ever diet wise!! Feeling more positive & actually got 2 week worth of food packs so I am always a week ahead & dont have to panic for "food" if I'm ill. Hope you all have a good day tomorrow! Take care all!

Hi ISOM

So pleased you lost so well,7 POUNDS EH? EXCELLENT:)
My first weigh in is tommorow night most of my group will have started Friday , but I am a day behind as I had to start Saturday. I hope I have a good weight loss too, it willhelp me stay on track , becuase to be honest its been really hard this first week. This is day 5 for me and its been hell! I have been sooo hungry, my tummy rumbles all the time and I had to prepare a wonderfull chicken curry for my husband and son with all the trimmings and I truly wanted to kill them both for being able to have it when I cant. :mad: See, they are some definate advantages to living on your own you know. Imagine having to shop , prepare, and wash up after meals you cant have. Its a nightmare. I have been such a B....h today with everyone, so perhaps I will be on my own too very soon....:cry:
Oh I am 47 , 48 on Easter day, oh well that s two bad days rolled into one at least I will get it over with all at once!
You know what you get if you leave the S out of Easter Day? EATER DAY!!!! We will all have to do something creative with a chocolate foodpack mmmm....
Bye all will post my weight loss tommorow fingers crossed !:)

hi everyone thanks for all the hints and links for reciipies. Had my 2nd week weigh in on Tuesday lost 3.5 lbs so 15lbs total in 2 wks. Hope your all having a good week.
Luv Mandy x.

hi guys

Had my weigh in last night and I was exactly the same as last week!!! :badmood:

How rubbish is that!!

I know, I know, I got all the water retention thing and yo yo weight loss and it'll be loads again next week but can't say I wasn't extremely disappointed especially after having such a crap weekend (3 days of cold hungry and tired).

anyway. I have not let it get to me in how I am doing on this diet and am actually more determined to now drink even more water and bloody lose bloody loads next week!!! :mad: :mad:

about me.
I'm 37 and work as an engineer for Transport for London. I got civil partnered last year to my other half Jo and we live in Crystal Palace. She is lovely and being extremely supportive of me through this. To be honest I'm not sure I would have been able to have been as strict with myself without her being there encouraging and telling me how well I'm doing! :)

I have been up and down weight wise but normally towards the top of the scales at about 16 to 17 stone. I want to get down to 10 stone which is what I managed to get to when I was 21 using diet pills. Didn't want to do that this time though and actually tried hynotherapy just before Xmas.
That worked for about 2 and a half weeks until Christmas Eve!! After that it was all down hill again and the second session I went to just didn't do anything at all!

Was getting to the end of my tether a bit when I remembered about seeing a LighterLife ad so went on line to look it up and the rest is history! :D

that's enough about me for now though otherwise I'll prattle on for ages. :fyi:

Cheers

Well Done all on the weight loss :clap:

I won't say dont feel gutted Brixton, because I would feel sad too :cry: You are doing the right thing trying to leave it behind you and concentrate on the next week. You will loose, I am not aware of anybody who has not lost if they follow the diet.

Drink more water as you say and keep us posted for next weeks weigh in.

Nice to know a bit about everyone, so will add to it.

My name is Sam, married with two young ones. I am a Manager for the LA, and at the moment work PT. I love property and have an addiction to magazines (I dare not count the cost of this). I love food + wine (obviously) and been on this diet treadmill for far too long. There are lots of reasons I will succeed this time, but one of them is that I will not teach my children how to have a unhealthy realtionship with food.

Keep up with the diet

Sam

Hi all! Hope you all ok! Day 6 was the worst for me so far to be honest but have been quite hungry today but 2nd v. busy day in work...this diet is definately making me realise the need for routine. Was doing interviews today so had no sustinance between 9 & 2 & almost passed out so then had my first bar (tofee, nice but rushed!) & soup at about 2, then realised I only had 1 shake left all day! AHHH! Must time better, something I'm obviously not used to & would never get away with if I had kids! I cannot imagine how hard it must be to have to cook for others on a reg basis...not sure I'd manage to do it! What do you manage in LA Soonto be? I used to have a mag addiction but realised I was sending ver £30 a month on mags that told me I shoud look like a supermodel & making me feel crap! Now just have the odd one & gardners world subsc & of course lighterlife! Well done Wendy, hopefilly & bad luck Brixton but remember people do vary hugely & it all evens out with a general average overall of 4 ibs...BUT can totally understand why you're gutted & I would be too so bug hugs from me :) Its incredible how supportive people are generally isnt it? Work etc have been great & my best mate has assigned herself "suport team" & my mum has been fab. Just makes me feel very loved...anyway a pooped as didnt sleep well last night - VERY bizarre dreams when I eventually got to sleep...

Last edited:
Hi Brixton

don't blame you for being down about it but as you said, just think of the super loss you'll get next week ... that'll be worth smiling about.

Cath
x

Sorry Hopefilly, just realised how self centred I was and didn't say well done for your loss!!

What's that? you mean the world doesn't revolve around me?... :confused:

so

WELL DONE HOPEFILLY!!! :D :D :D :D

and well done everybody else who is sticking to this regime.

It's not easy.
It makes us grumpy:mad:
it makes us hungry:gimi:
it makes us sad :raincloud:
and it might even make us cry:cry:

but at the end of the day...
it's going to make us lose weight! :D

us. ourselves. with our own will power and determination!

YEAH!!!

We are the greatest!!! :king: :wow: :king:

Hi All,

I'm on Day 2 of my LL diet and so far not finding it too bad. Thought I would struggle with the water but am finding that by drinking 1 small bottle when I get up ( 1/2 litre) and then another on the way to work and making sure I drink a pint every hour whilst at work, I'm finishing my 4 litres before 530!! I then have another litre through the evening. I decided on this as didn't want to be weeing all night!! I was fine last night so hope that I will be tonight!! Only pack I have found gruesome so far is the nut crunch bar - bleurgh!!
So far I haven't had hunger pangs - but hubbys pasta looked lovely tonight and this is from someone who hasn't eaten pasta in 5 years!!

Little bit about me. I'm 34, married for 12 years, no kids (yet), 2 cats, live near Esher in Surrey. I work as a project manager for an event management company.
I have PCOS and after 12 years of trying to conceive have recently had 2 goes at IVF - neither worked and consultant won't do anymore till I have lost 100lbs!! He was very scathing and didn't think I'd do it, determined to prove him wrong. Will just picture his sarcastic face whenever I face temptation!! First stop in tomorrow so we will see if I have lost anything (Day 3) daren't get on the scales at home!!

Well done everyone on their weight losses. This is a pretty drastic way to lose weight but with each others support we will get there. :)

Lost another 4lbs tonight, so 1 1/2 stone in a month- whoopee do!!

Hi back from my econd week weigh in,bit disappointing only 2.75 pounds.
But am looking at it in the overall scheme of things so not downhearted
Think I am pre menstrual and have a bad cold

Bit about me then
I am another Sam . I live in Windlesham with my lovely husband Tom and my dog ,cat and lots of fish
I have two children who live with their dad(infortunatley)about 140 miles away,so I sepnd alot of time on the motorway.
I work in business travel as a Senior Consultant
I am really pleased with LL and am looking forward to meeting the slim version of me

Sam
x

Hi Carole, What a fab weight Loss, as for changing your tracker Im unsure as I will need to change mineX Best of luck for your second week:D

Hi again my fab news is , I lost 6lb in my second weeks weigh in yesterday, 20lbs in two weeks I cant believe this weight is finally shifting, Im feeling soooo happy:D :D :D

Well done to all of you who've lost, you're all doing great :clap: :clap:

Wanttobeslim - Grrrrrr! Wish I could be there to see the look on the consultants face when you see him 100lb lighter! You can do it :)

Cath

Hi all well done everyone for your great weight loss. Thanks BJ for your post but Im sure you were disappointed with not losing I would have been also and yes you are allowed to be self centred on this diet cos your doing it for you dont feel guilty.
cheers Mandy x.

Well done all you losers :) excellent news. I lost 4lbs in my first stopin - 4days in but then didn't lose anything further than that in my week weigh in but as it was late at night and my LLC said I was retaining water as I'd been running around all afternoon and was quite high on the ketosis levels. I'd been drinking tons all afternoon as well. Still, I went home and drank some more water and when I weighed myself this morning at home I had lost another 4lbs. So 8lbs in the first week. Luckily her scales and mine seem to weigh me at the same weight so I can take it as the same.

I'm going to do a little wall chart to put above the scales and track my weight so I can get proper averages (I'm such a geek) but I reckon it'll keep me properly motivated.

Back