People starting LL in March...

HI there
Glad you got the pond in ! Must admit I have a bit more energy today, very motivated by all the super support I have been getting from all you lovely fellow dieters on Minimins. I hit a bit of a rough patch over the weekend and felt very low. I had felt very deprived and started a bad habit I shoudnt have, but I asked for help and I got it, and its all behind me now. Thank God for this site, its like having loads of very wise best friends who are always there for you.
Still stuggling with hunger pangs though, but tried somthing tonight and it semed to work. I havnt drunk coffee for over 12 years being a real tea drinker who thought she couldnt live without a lovely cuppa.Well since starting the LL I seem to have gone off it abit and tonight my son brewed a pot of coffe and I thought what the hell I will try it, and you know wht it did the trick , hunger pangs gone! and I really enjoyed it too.
Glad things are easing for you, keep on digging girl, you would have been an real asset during the blitz!
Love Cx:)

Heaven - I'm also having hunger pangs randomly now - I'm almost 2 weeks in and yesterday I was proper hungry - empty hole in stomach and mad mad mad cravings for ANYTHING. I drank about a ton of water and just tried to distract myself(my credit card bill is going to be huge) and hopefully I am killing it but I'm still quite peckish and craving-y today. I'm glad you found a solution - I hope coffee carries on working for you. I hate coffee with a passion but have been drinking loads of redbush(rooibos) tea which is lovely and really good for you.

Hello all
It's my weigh in again tomorrow following my nil point loss last week. Fingers crossed it's a bit better this time!! :)
Hopefully it is to do with TOTM as that started today..

Something else I've done today is to start a sponsored slim!! I've told all my work colleagues, rugby pals and friends that I'm dieting and want to be sponsored for a friend of mines' local cancer drop in centre!!

I just thought it would be another help and kick up the bum just to make sure I really stick to this diet and get to my goal weight!!! and of course to raise money for a good cause at the same time!! :D

It did mean that I had to tell people my start weight though!! :eek:

and i'm sticking to my version of the scales as they seem to be a little kinder!! :D

I've only had a couple of replies so far but I'm hoping to make a fair amount of money!

watch this space and I'll let you know how I get on!! :D

Weigh in tonight for me at start of Week 2. :eek: Had lost 5lbs at stop in on friday (3 days in) so hope a little bit more has come off. It's strange but apart from a couple of headaches (Day 1 and yesterday) so far I haven't struggled. I keep waiting for the lethargy/hunger etc to kick in.... :rolleyes: I actually feel really energetic.

Brixtonjacks - good idea with the sponsored slim.... good luck honey...

Will post the results of tonights weigh in later...

Hi all! Jus popped home to have my pack somewhat late (so much to planning etc!!) bt that was because I had a yummy £25 trip to borders book & got some thank you cards for my support club, a yummy garden planner/record book & simular health & beauty book for logging thoughts, photos of my journey etc! Was going to do a scrapbook but know I wont have time over the summer with the plot! Watering so far takes 1/2 hr so dread to think what it will be like next month! Off in a mo to finish "the hole" & hopefully site the pond so I can fill it & tadpoles in bucket can be happy! HCW well done for getting over the blip - just start each new day afresh! Have you thought if sme non food treats for ourself? HAve to say I am getting a little TOO good at these & need to restrict it to stone goals lol!! I'm stiill getting occasional hunger pangs but usually find its when I dont time the packs right so nw I try to have a pack 9am, 1/2 bar or pack at 11, pack for 2pm, remaining 1/2 bar at 4 & final pack at 8 - all very "ish" on times but it seems to keep the pangs away & I avoid that "must have food now" feeling. Not sure if that helps but worth a try if you're struggling. Also got TOTM which is so depressing as I dont normally due to implant! Had to hunt out the tampax the last one was so long ago!! Also having a cup of the marigold stock (ohh the things we are reduced to!!) helps with the pangs as you feel you've had a meal! Mint tea is also nice with a sweetner in (& great for adding hot or cold to vanilla or choc packs!) as I'm not wild about coffee either!
Hope youre all OK & genuinely looking forward to weigh in results tonight so DO post girlies!! Hope you've all lost but remember that our bodies act strange & even if you havent ost ibs you may have lost inches! I measured my tummy this am as was disapp by the 1 ib (despite t being a ib in the right dorection & all that!!) and realised that I have lost 1 inch (yup inch!) from my blubber belly!! Fab cos I hate it! Cant wait for the day I can no longer pick it up & drop it!! Catch you all later & bug hugs for the strugglers - whether lurking or otherwise!

Hi everyone just wanted to post good luck to all going to weigh in tonight inc me lol will check later to see how everyone has done GOOD LUCK xx
Mandy x.

hey there - People starting LL in March...

Hello there Lighterlifers! So glad I found this forum. I am a March starter however after having a few false starts after week 2/3, I am back on the LL path and needing a massive amount of willpower. I am really determined to do it but I must admit I am finding it amazingly difficult...at 5 foot in height, I am 13st 4lb and want most desperately to get to 9stone. When I started in early March I was 14st 4Ib's so despite my few hiccups I lost and have maintained a loss of one whole stone. I just think where I could be now if I had not fallen off the proverbial wagon and this drives me forward.

Guys I'm currently going through day 1 all over again today in terms of withdrawals and cravings - even the smell makes me fell ravenous. However this is pure emotional hunger and LL thought me how to recognise this for what it is!

Sending you all love & light as you progress through this plan. As for a divertion strategy, why dont we use this forum to totally sound off when times are testing...

Here's to the dream girlies...its out there just waiting for us!

Hi Lil Miss - welcome to the group, here you'll find not only the right place to sound off in times of trouble and torture but also the best support that you could ask for plus the answers to most questions you can think of and some cyber affection all thrown in.

Good luck with LL, here's hoping that you don't struggle this time and if you do think you're going down a dodgy road of a food moment then come and post in here instead.

Cath

Help

I am feeling low today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep doing maths in my head and it seems such a long way off
I keep getting on the scales !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Am worried about my weigh in on Thursday because of my horrible one last week,if I don't have a significant loss this week I will be mortified
I know I am probably hormonal and that is why it all seems so hard and I am hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the moaning space

Sam
x

I felt exactly the same, in week 3 I only lost 2lbs, but week 4 it was 4lbs, so I am still exactly on target. You get highs and lows on this diet- so just roll with it!! There is nothing else you can do that will make you lose weight faster than this diet.

Sam don't think about it in the long term, just think about it being 1 week at a time. You've done really well so far and you can carry on doing so. If you had a bad weigh in last week then it's more likely that you'll have a really good one this week and that can only make you feel good good good.

And yes you're probably right that this is the hormones talking.... so smack their asses :whoopass:and send em on their way.

(((hugs)))

Cath

Go and have a luxury bubble bath Samseal - that'll cheer you up and wash your hair and style it nicely so you feel good about yourself.

I'm doing ok, haven't cheated even tho I am now really hungry again - I seem to swell up horrendously though out the day tho, its a bit rubbish because my weigh-in's will never really be accurate. My stomach also hurts and feels all churny all the time and I'm worried that it is a mild lactose intolerance or the water flavourings. I dunno. Does anyone else's stomach seem swollen and bloated?

Any news on WI pepys? Welcome Lil Miss!! This diet is SOO hard so we all just need to hang in there & support each other through the ups and downs! I just take it a day at a time & try not to think about the overall (see ticker!) and so far its worked! I'm just about to finsh day 13 which is nothing short of a miracle! As little says it does work but we'll be up & down but if you average it out its about 4ib a week apparently and I would never, nor have I ever, lost that kind of weight on any other diet before! The hunger does come & go but so far I've managed to distract myself! Have had an awful last half of the day but the pond is in and I havent cheated; tadpoles are happy and am soon off t bed after the essential chores and to top it all my cable has ceased to function! Will look in before bed to see if the WI scores are in! Will post mine when I get back tom! Love the smily Katie - where did you download it?!! Big hugs all!

Hi all lost 4lbs week 3 thats a total of 19 already I would never have achieved that sort of loss on any other diet woohoo LL.
Mandy x.

Hi Everyone :) Haven't been around the last few days, seems like I haven't been here for ages!

Welcome to Lil Miss Sunshine :) Good Luck with your restart, you have already succeeded by not giving up, you have jumped right back onto it which I think is great!!

Sam, I know it can be discouraging but have you taken your measurements? You will probably be surprised by the inch loss :)

BrixtonJacks - What a great idea to do a sponsered slim! Good Luck, I hope you raise a lot of money for your friend.

Good Luck for the weigh-ins this week! And well done for the losses :clap:

Wanted to say more but can't see the messages to reply to :sigh: and with my bad memory can't remember them lol

Another 4lbs gone - that's 9lbs in a week. Am really pleased with this. One weird thing, my pee stick is still really dark, I am drinking 5 litres a day and have been fully abstinent so can't understand why it is still so dark... any ideas?

Sam - you are going to have good and bad days - hormones are wicked things!! Stay strong hon!! Hope you have a better day today.

Back