People starting LL in March...

Lost another 3lbs this week! 24lbs so far now.

Samseal- thinking of you, hope they sort it out quickly.

Thats really good little blue, well done.

Wehey Little thats fab! How are people doing with the skin problem? I've noticed loose skin on tops of my things - most unattractive! Hpe you managed to resist Samatha! There are certains foods (pizza being one of mine too!) That are tough to watch people eat arent there!! I try to just zone my mind into the end result but sometimes its soo hard, esp when you get a waft!! Hope you all have a great day! I'm currently confined by having to wait for NTL/Virgin to visit...nough said for those that have any knowlege!

Thanx for the big welcome everyone! :eek:

Samseal - can i ask, did your episode make you think about quitting the diet. As i suffer from blackouts (which i think hasnt helped me feeling lightheaded this week) and was just worrying if this dieting wasn't helping.

I spoke to my doctor about it and because nothing causes them (they are just random) this diet should be fine. I think i am just worrying coz this is the first diet ive done that i am actually looking forward to my first weigh in on sat and dont want to give it up!! so hopefully i will feel better next week.

As for unhelpfull partners! my b'f has has this huge easteregg in our kitchen all week for his little bro and has taken all my will power not to plow through it!! :p

Good luck everyone on their weigh-ins this week! xx

Well Done Little Blue :clap:

ISOM - I did manage to resist, just kept thinking how I want to get to the 2 stone gone mark next weigh-in. Nothing wrong with smelling it tho ;)

Well done to you all for your losses - we're all going down...

Cath
x

Hi Kirsty,
I promise it does get better! You do need to learn to listen to your body though & sow down on what you normally do for a bit! It does take time for everything to adjust to the change but suspect of you do as much as you did before then you will feel weak. I'm now on day 15 & getting a bit less wobbly but still very tired compared to "normal". Just be gentle with yourself!
Have had a lovely day at the allotment & met a few new pwople, chatted over tea in the sunshne which was bliss! Got some done but almost choked myself n the corner of a LL packet that fell into my lunch! Swallowed it & it got stuck! Quite scary but managed to get rid of it!! No other major incidents but now totally pooped so gonna chill! Hope you've all had a lovely day too & managed to survive on packs! Discovered that hot out is no good so am going to stick to shaken cold when out!

Heloooo & happy easter all! How is everyone doing? Still managed not to cheat which I cant believe!! I actually (at the moment!) quite enjoy watching people eat! Feel like they're having it by proxy IYKWIM!! Have spent most of my time at the allotment and having a great time, lts of digging, pottering & chatting! Must wear sun cream today as you forget its hot!! Hope you're all doing OK & managing to survive family events and those little, round brown things!

ISOM you sound great today, really strong and happy. I do know what you mean about people eating by proxy...... and it's even better cos it's all gonna stick on their hips.

Have fun in your allotment, and don't forget to post some pics of your veg.

Happy Easter

Cath

Thanks for that 'In search for me' its nice to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I went for my first weigh-in yesterday and lost 5.6lbs:D , was so happy and also got introduced to the bars so feeling a lot more motivated!

Im currently sat upstairs on the computer as partner is making our guests a nice fry up so thought it was better just to stay out of the way :jelous:

I've found this website so helpfull and it definately keeps me motivated which is what i need as the wedding is just over 5 months away and i want to fit into a nice dress not a tent!!

Kirsty, well done on your weigh in - that's a great result. Honestly it all gets better from here.

Cath

Hi Kirsty and All,

There are so many of us now, am finding it really hard to keep up! It's good to see we are one way or another getting through this. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I had my weigh day Saturday and am pleased to say lost 3 1/4, making 21 pounds in 4 weeks. I am so so chuffed with that and makes all the bad days, cravings for meat & cheese and huge quantities of water worth while.

How is everybody else getting on in their groups?

Picking up on a few of the last threads, I notice some of you have felt light headed. I know I felt like this a few times, especially when did a step class but as ISOM says, I just slowed down a bit and also supped some more water.

Take care one and all, it's time to put another coat of paint in the playhouse :superwoman:

Sam xx

Hi all & well done Kirsty & STBS! THanks Katie - had a blissful day at the alotmet; bit digging, then weeding, made some pots up and chatted with some neighbors. My shed had a gas camping stove so its all round to mine for coffee, soup, tea & coffee!! Finally remembered to take some photos so will upload to my blog in a mo for those who are interested. Feel shattered but good shattered!
Re the feeling dizzy another thing I realised was that I needed to space pack/bar out evenly and it does take a while to get it right and largely depends on what I'm doing! If I go to the allotment I have breakfast at about 9 then wait for that to work, then have another at about 12 & another at 5 then last one at 9. Most of all I'm just learning to listen to my body more and more but its definate learning curve! As is the "hunger" thing - I realise now that sometimes when I feel hungry its often because I'm tired or upset rather than physical hunger but it feels much the same!! Anyone else find this? Re the groups the are taking time to settle, as groups always do but its good to get to know people better. I now have a "buddy" doing a simular diet & we touch base daily which is a great help as support & makes you accountable too!! At the end of the day the more support the merrier eh!!
Hope you all doing Ok with the long weekend. Thye can be tough - esp with those oval shaped round things around!! Hang in there girls; we CAN do this!

Hi all, been away staying with family. They all understood and were supportive, but I couldn't believe how much alcohol and nibbles they got through, and how one meal time leads into another! It was really hard but made me very aware of how much I would have put on this weekend if I hadn't been on ll.So even though I had to exercise more will power than I have had to in a while I also feel really great that I didn't give in.

Well Done on getting through this :clap: :clap:

As much as it was a challenge, it seems you learnt a lot too from the experience.

I have yet to sit in this type of family event on mass but have watched other put away the same amount of food I used to and the plate is bulging!

Well done too on the extra pounds off

Sam

Hi everyone, im glad to see everyone is doing really well,
im having a bit of a blip week, i just feel i want to eat anything and everything especially as there are sooo many easter eggs around my home, im wondering if my kids are really mine as i have always ate my easter eggs all at once until i felt sick, my kids however just take a little pinch and thats them for the day!! perhaps they can teach me a thing or too eh!
i tried to make a cookie tonight with the choc shake i put it in for a minute and a half and the fire alarms went of and there was a strong burning smell coming from the microwave... had a laugh at it though.
i have started wearing size 16s for the first time in about 10 years so i should keep very positive!! i just had a small peice of easter egg, i know i should,nt but the child in me really needed it, i will go on the cross trainer before bed and be really good for my next weigh in on friday!!
when i am around people or out i am fine but when im on my own temptation screams at me , is anyone else like this?? can anyone give me tips on what i can do, i always drink 5ltrs of water as i am 5ft 11 tall, any nice suggestions would be grateful!!keep going, i promise i will..just hop[e the weight keeps going down....

week one weight loss 5lbs
week two weight loss 91/2lb
week three weight loss 1stone 1 lb
week four weight loss 1stone 6lbs

I agree too - hubby has been working all weekend so I've tried to keep myself busy, for the most part it's worked but it's been the odd hour or so I have been on my own that the little voice has said " noone will ever know". Trouble is I would know and I have to keep focused on my end goal. So I have stuck to it and am proud of myself!!

Not helping that my mum has taken to telling everyone that I am on LL. I know they can all see I'm huge but I don't really want everyone to know that I have failed at all other diets!!

Hi all,
Well done for resisting little blue & wtbs !! I have to say I am lucky in that we have never been great for easter eggs so no loss for me & everyone knows I'm doing it so if anyone saw me eat I'd be caught! Yes when you're on your own it can be hard & not everyone can do as I did & clear the house of food! Having said that one slip can lead to another and I cannot bear the thought of going through hell again so really dont wnt to cheat & currently feel so single minded and dont think I will..its a personal thing I guess and my strategy was to tell everyone, focus on the end goal & get through each day with no option to cheat - no discussion with myself just "no". So far (day 16) seems to be working! May not feel like this 3 months down the line but we'll see & thats not to say it will work but is for now! Weekends like these are hard but then they are always going to be hard as there will always be reasons/occasions for eating as we all know! How about a nice treat for surviving the long weekend for the next may one? Keeping busy helps and taking up a hobby of sorts to distract you? I the cookies I foud "interesting" & to be honest prefer a shake!! Must try the popadoms some time!! Have a nice ev all...off to update my blog as only got 1/2 done this am!

Back