People starting LL in March...

Yipee, lost 6lbs this week, so smashed the 2 stone barrier.
I still find the water hard going.

Hi there

Just came across this site and am so relieved to find other LL people. I started 30th March and have so far lost a stone. It's nice to see and hear other people's stories.

Angie

Welcome Angie! WELL DONE Little thats fab!! We're now almost neck & neck for BMI (fancy a race!!) and I have to say being out of the "drop dead" BMI category is fab - not cos I thought I would drop dead but because Dr's etc treat you like Sh*t! WTBS yes it deinately does affect brain - I asked my gym woman & she says its cos your brain focuses on urgent & because its a muscle def slows down on a VLCD!! Mine has been dire but havent forgtten packs yet - have got "emergency ones" everywhere, including the shed!! How you feeling Sandra?
My mum is coming today (to help with digging!!) and she hasnt seen me since I started & would lay money that she will cry!! She's been so supportive...must take a photo for blog as I think you can see the difference, mainly in my face. Also meisured myself as was a wee bit dissapponted with 2 ibs loss and since 8/4 have lost 1 inch off chest, 2 from boobs, 2. from waist, 2 from hips & 1.5 from stomach!! Did it twice to check but it was right!! Amazed!! Have a good day all!! Big hugs!

Well done Little Blue thats an amazing loss, did you do anything different this week?
It feels so good to see those scales actually going down instead of up!
Its the first time since I gave up smoking 5 years ago that I've gone below a certain figure on the scales - whopee!
I can't wait to buy my bikini for my July holiday, I just hope they've still got them in the shops the week before I go!

Cherry

I have been more active this week, taking my daughter out and about. I have more energy and it doesn't hurt my knees so much going up and down the stairs, so I have been using them more. I love this diet!

Well done for being more active Little Blue.
I find that I'm less active in the holidays, because I try & go to the gym when the kids are at school, but can't do that when the kids are home.
So roll on next week, back to my new exercise programme.

Wendy - Congrats on losing 2 stones! What a great achievment. I am hoping to be there at my next weigh in.

Sandra - Well done on your 3lbs lost. Don't worry too much as people have some weeks with big loses and some with smaller ones but it all evens out in the end. Yes I am a kiwi, from CHCH originally. Been here for about 6 years. Where abouts are you from? My 'tonsilitis' turned out to be a viral infection with a bacterial throat infection (sounds gross) But I had tonsilitis last year and it felt the same i.e. felt like swallowing glass.

ISOM - Nothing wrong with 2lbs, better than nothing right?:) I sometimes struggle with the water too especially when i'm out and worried about not being close to a toilet LOL. Well done on the inch loss as well. What did your mum say???

Little Blue - WOOHOO another 2 stone breaker! Well done to you!!

Heaven can wait - Well done on the 3lbs, I lost the same this week too. But like you just keep thinking it all adds up in the end.

Angie - Welcome to the forum. This place is great and the people are all so supportive. Make sure you check out the before and after photos - so inspiring.

Yikes... long post... sorry but had to catch up as my broadband has been down for a day and a half!!!!

Hi all,
Great news on the knees LB! Hope you feel better soon Samatha. Had a crappy day as NO energy - think I overdid it yesterday & while it didnt ruin the day with my mum it certainly marred it! We went to 2 garden centres & got ome shelving for my greenhouse which is great then to the allotment for a bit and then home for a sleep - which I havent done for ages! Just felt SOO tired & not much better after a sleep :( Watching people eat was hard too & mum had a chinese this eve (forgot she needed to eat!!) so had to sit through yummy chinese which it must be said was excruciating! Just dont know how people do it day in & out - my be because I'm just not used to being around food; its become a bit alien!! Anyway hope yo all had a better day! Onwards & upwards, nice massage tomorrow morning to look forward to!

I'm from Auckland and have been here almost 7 years - since June 2000. I'm heading back for a holiday in May.

Not sure what my lurgy is but I suspect a general virus that has attacked my tonsils. I'm quite chesty as well as having painful tonsils. I couldn't speak this morning.

Sandra - I lived in Auckland for a year when I graduated from Uni. Loved the shopping up there. Took my brit b/f back to NZ last year and he loved Auckland!

If your throat is sore try gargling salt and water (YUK) thats what the nurse said but i just used mouthwash and that seems to have helped. But I would suggest going to the docs as I left it last year and it was so bad and I was in so much pain by the time I went to the docs. I was signed off work for a week and it took me that long to recover!

Hi

I am starting the lighter life diet tomorrow, I have 6 stone to go and a 40th birthday looming around october and would like to be thin for that. and forever! Would love to talk to anyone (especially Manchesterr area) not sure of my counsellor!! sounds Ok but doesn't seem to have had a weight problem and never been on the diet herself!! so how does she understand me? or am I just being small minded?

Any way hints tips and clarifaction that I havn't gone mad would be great

Thanks
xxxx

Thanks for the advice. I'm having hot St Clements drinks and that's OK. Unfortunately my doctor is booked up weeks in advance so I might try to get an appointment if I still feel bad on Monday but I woke up a bit brighter this morning.

Welcome Lighter me!
I would also be concerned about a counsellor who hadn't done the diet or had a weight problem. A long time ago I tried a diet called 'Jenny Craig', which was around in NZ and the cousellors there were simply sales people who bullied you if you hadn't stuck to it during the week. Most of them had not done the diet and I found them completely unsympathetic.

Even people who only have a small amount to lose cannot understand how it feels to be many stone overweight.

You could swap to another counsellor if you really don't click with her because the counselling is the thing that makes LL different. Otherwise, you might as well save £20 a week and use Cambridge.

Hi Lighter Me & welcome,
I've been doing LL for 5 weeks & have only praise for the diet & my LLC, she is overweight and I did wonder how she could be a LLC, but all those thoughts have vanished because she has been a LLC for years & really knows her stuff.
The counselling is a very important part of this programme & I don't think I could do it without it.

Good luck for your first week
Cherry

Hi lighter me & welcome! Can totally understand what you mean as our stand in coach hasnt lost a huge amount but she is actually a very good councellor! Takes away from it slightly when they dont understand what it feels like to be fat but think can be good anyway IYKWIM? The first week is tough but come on here, explain how you feel and am sre someone will confirm that they have felt the same & survived! It is tough going but it does get better, promise! I am on week 4 & with the exception of having to pace mysef am pretty much back to normal (whatever that was!!), plus lost a stone in 3 weeks which makes it worth it! Let us know how you get on!
Sitting here with face pack on and chilling! Had a busyish day - had my yummy massage, saw friends and then went to allotment - very hot today though! Felt better than yesterday but still struggling to get the water, plus extra water cos its hot!! How you all doing? Are illnesses better or improved? Hope you're all doing OK!

Hi LighterMe and Welcome to the forum :)

ISOM - What a great way to relax! If I had a face mask I would probably join you. I am on the mend now thanks for asking just in time to go back to work after the holidays :mad: Why couldn't I have been sick while at work!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

My weekend is going okay. Didn't leave the flat yesterday despite the good weather. Still recovering from the virus but I feel a lot better than Thursday and Friday of last week.
About to start on some work I brought home to do last week and didn't get around to it. May need to get out in the sunshine today though and get some vitamin D.

Had a lovely bath last night with a Lush bomb and then painted my nails. Of all the results of being on Lighter Life, stopping biting my nails is the one I am most impressed with. I had tried everything before and a couple of months ago bought more of the foul tasting stuff but still bit them. For whatever reason I have no inclination to bite them now and haven't since I started the diet!

I started LL in March too, so I thought I'd pop into say hi! :wavey:

Lighter Me, I know what you mean about your counsellor, but I'd give her a chance anyway. Addiction can take many forms and one doesn't necessarily need to be obese to understand what it feels like to be out of control.

Besides, I wouldn't expect my GP to have had all the diseases he's able to cure, yet he mostly does a good job (mostly).

I remember when I pointed out to the NHS smoking clinic counsellor that, as he had never smoked, he had no idea about the lure of the nicotine. He said that he'd studied addiction counselling and he was confident he'd be able to help me regardless. Three and a half years later I'm still not smoking and I have to concede he was right!

Try and see if your LLC is competent in her own right and take action if she isn't. Sometimes it isn't even a case of competence but 'rapport'. I originally did the induction day with one counsellor but switched immediately to another one as she just didn't give me confidence.

See how it goes and let us know. Good luck!

Hi Lighterme
Just wanted to say my LLC is based in Sale and she is very good very proffessional and sympathetic, and she is overweight and has already lost 6 stones with LL and is carring on to do another 6! So she is dieting along with us and knows just whats its like. If you are unsure about the one youa re currently with and can get to Sale, Im sure you would be fine with her.
If you need the details just let me know.
X C

Hi all, hope you're all OK! Survived another day and managed to get the water down...back to work tomorrow ugh...a week and a halfs in tray yeugh!! Packs are ready to go but need to have an early night as been a diggin all day!! Yummy eve yesterday Sandra! I have my lush bomb ready for a "food replacement" occasion (ie a really bad day!!). Hope people are feeling better who were poorly! Hip havent heard from you in a while you ok? Hope you feeling less stressed cherry? Little you back in work tom? Hang in there "lurkers" who are struggling! Come out & say hi so we can support & encourage you if you are!! We wont bite (takes you out of ketosis!!) !

Back