People starting LL in March...

Evening all. Well done all of you that have lost again. I'm just back from my WI. Another 4.6lbs off making 45 in total in 7 weeks.

Really pleased with that, although part of me hopes every week that it's more I know I can't have everything.

Well done Cath & Hiddenfishcake with your weightlosses this week.
Hiddenfishcake you have achieved an amazing weightloss in 7 weeks, well done.

My waist is emerging and my boobs are no longer the handul they were which is taking some getting used to!! Can almost see mt feet & people are really noticing now plus I had my first "you wont loose too much will you" comment - said I wouldnt but remember that they have only known me fat!!

they are never slow to get that one in are they.
I've decided it's a sort of coded support message.a sort of 'we like you anyway' & 'don't change the inner you'

Am off to bed in a mo! Have had a horrendous 24 hrs at the allotment & a sleepless night last night (boundary dispute with a neighbor) and took a 1/2 day to move everything 1 foot to the right! Pathetic (& not my fault as it was measured incorrectly 7 month ago but I get the lovely side effects!) and the guy is SOOO nasty (he almost hit me last night) that I decided to move stuff & just have nothing to do with them anymore! Didnt even think about eating which was incredible!!Just dealt with it! Hipp realise havent seen you either - how you doing!
Ok prattle over! Speak soon & thanks so much all for the encouragement!

i've been over to your blog & read it .
You've done brilliantly on the allotment.
the boundary dispute sounds grim.V proud of you for 1. not eating as a response.2. not being intimidated off the plot by him.
hopefully,it'll settle down to an acceptable head-nodding relationship between you & that's all that will be requied.
With the others firmly supporting you he may even lose some of his gardening ardour & begin to turn up less.you ,of course are too polite to say this out loud, but I'm not.;)

If the worst came to the worst (& I know you've done loads on your pitch already) would you be able to move to another plot further away from him?
the most important thing about the alotment apart from the nosh is the feeling of secure tranquility that it brings,& companionability between adjacent plot-holders.

What changes are people noticing? I got a bit of a shock this am as I ooked down and my boobies are no longer a decent handful which was quite odd after so long with them being virtually under my chin!! Also bones I forgot I had are emerging!! What about everyone else? Hope you're all ok! I'm aching after all that anger management digging yesterday (see blog!!) ...Hair being chopped off tomorrow!!

How are you enjoying the changes?
I'm finding little things all the time now & it's weird.Nice weird,but nonethe less odd.
you'd have thought that after years of wanting to be smaller I'd have considered more of the stuff that goes with it.
EG I can cross my legs when I sit down.just found myself doing it recntly .Hadn't done that for a while:D

Lost another 4 ibs which is 1ib off 2 stone! Feel OK (still have migraine) but a wee bit hacked off that its a pound off the 1 stone a month but hope it will even out over time! At the end of the day am noticebly slimmer! Didnt stay to class as head pounding but just had major pain killers so thankfully its easing off! Has anyone been ill ok LL & how did you cope? Hope you all ok?

Re migraine.i've had 3 since starting CD in jan.
the first was a blinder lasted 5 days.Mega yuk.
the 2nd was a 48hr job & the last was 24hrs filled with pain & pills but not out of action.
I aksed CDC & on here & the concensus was that generally Migraine sufferers find thngs improve while SSiing.But I got the impression that many did have an epsode within the first month or so of starting.
I have pinpointed mine to caffeine.Not a great caffeine drinker anyway(my age is catching up with me ) but now limit myself to one big cup of tea to get meout of bed.thn only 1 green tea in the day.Occ decaff coffee granules added to a shake.
I assume that my acute sensitivity to cffeine will leson a bit when I get onto real food again.
Still I'd rather be hyper sensitive to caffeine than wine:p

PS you never said in your blog f you did or didn't go for the goji berry plants.
I've recently begun veg gardening again after a 10yr break for breeding.
i've ordered loads of stuff I never did in the old days including Sweet potatoes & goji berry plants.Neither have arrived yet,but would really like to be able to compare notes with you when they do.
I also got a load of chinese artichokes..could never find asupplier in theol days.I ate one instead of planting it...yummy.
but of the 25 that did get into the ground only 10 haveso far emerged.As I do not intend to make another investment in these tubers it looks like harvesting may be delayed a year here.:sigh:

Jane will pm you in response! Had a better day but migraine still lingering...desperatly trying not to compare my losses to others but its hard when you see people loosing 24 ibs more in a week less isnt it! Not begrudging peoples incredible losses AT ALL but hoping I will catch up at some stage! Had a day training which was quite stressful but got through it! Had a "treat" of a thai chilli popadam for my 4pm pack! & going to have banana pack for tea at 9! How are people doing? Well done hiddenfishcake & how you doing cherry?

Hi ISOM I have my own business running a catering franchise and Summer is my busiest time also very hard watching all that delicious food going out and not being able to have any lol but heyho have to keep going.
Luv Mandy x.

Hi ISOM, I'm doing fine today, I'm now resigned to the fact that I will abstain from food at my daughters meal on Sat.
I will save a banana milkshake (yum) & 2 lemon bars(made into biscuits) for the meal.
I really want to do this right & I know I won't forgive myself if I give in.
You read about all the people who have fallen off the wagon & find it so difficult to get back on & get their head right again.
I don't want to be one of them, it will be easier in the long run to abstain.
I will take my flavoured drink & have it with soda water.
If it gets difficult I will go for a walk or sit in the car.
I can't believe you've still got a migraine, did you get them this bad before LL?
Don't forget we all lose weight differently, especially the men, you will lose what you want eventually, just stick with it.
We are all going to be so slim, very soon, it just takes some longer than others, but don't forget what we have achieved so far, it is a miracle.
So you deserve a pat on the back ISOM, well done.

Well done on all the great losses this week :):party0019::party0011::clap::scale: (just love all the new smilies :D)

Hopfilly thats so HARD!! Do you have to cook?!! I have huge admiration for people on here that do - I am lucky in that I only have the cats to feed so no cooking which I would find incredibly difficult!! Yahooo cherry!! Go girl and you are SO right! While it will be hard it will be so much easier in the long run! Yes cherry have always had migraine - not sure what brought it on! Possibly a delayed reaction from allotment stress last week!! Am off to bed in a mo and hopefully that will crack it!

Yay, reached the 3 stone mark with a 5lb loss this week! Happy, happy,happy!

Cherry- only 1 lemon bar please- you are not allowed 2 in a day, you naughty girl! You will have to cut the bar up into smaller pieces.

No ISOM I dont cook at work but do at home which I actually find more difficult at times my sense of smell has heightened so incredibly on this diet has anybody else found that.
Mandy x.

Hi Little blue, well done on your 3 stone mark.:)
I know I shouldn't have 2 bars in a day, but if I've got to sit through a 2 course meal at TGI Fridays I think I deserve it LOL, :drool: it might keep me sane! may have to run to the loo several times if the usual effects I have are anything to go by.

Hopefilly, my sense of smell has heightened greatly, but I enjoy all the smells & it doesn't make me want to eat thank god.

Some of the smells I liked are now making me a little queasy like garlic etc. Hope that will keep me off the high fat foods in the future lol.

My sense of smell seems to have been heightened too, and I agree about garlic! If my family eat it they smell of it for days, and so does the house!

Thats it I cant bear the smell of garlic bread anymore and I used to love it its so strange.
Mandy x.

OMG I wish I could go off the smell of garlic bread! I had to sit and watch my OH munch his way through loads of the stuff on holiday it was folded with mozzerella stuffed inside and it looked and smelled divine, most weak moment of entire holiday week. But I know what you mean about lingering odours , it drives me insane ! Just at this very moment my OH has just cooked himself bacon and the smell is drifting through and I could quite cheerfully kill him then throw his bl...dy bacon in the hole after him!
MEN!!!!"
Love to you all , keep strong .......
carole

Some of the smells I liked are now making me a little queasy like garlic etc. Hope that will keep me off the high fat foods in the future lol.

it's happened again.
I notice something,decide I'm either bonkers or confused.then I come on line & find someone else has described EXACTLY what I've experienced.
the only difference being that they,in this case yuo Hopefilly,have had the sense to raise it with others.

tonight I served the family a braised brisket with mixed root veg in the juices.It was probably the leanest brisket I've ever cooked & Didn't need the fat skimming from the top at all. Neverthe less as well as the smell of the rich dark meat & the gravy with wine etc in ,there was also the smell of beef-fat. It wasnearly enough to make me gag. Asked H about it & he couldn't smell anything but 'yummy meat'.

Wierd.But good weird.There is NO WAY I wanted any of it .

I fnd that my tatses for packs change from week to week!! Can only eat the thia chilli veggie one now as well as the shakes - bar the caramel! I love the smell of most real food & get sniff stisfaction - think people think I'm odd! Esp when I was sniffing a biscuit the other day!! Well it was shrotbread!! Hope al dong OK? Am pooped with all the digging & just off to bed! Night all, sleep tight!

Know wot you mean Jane Im havng real problems with smells at the moment cant bear to be in the same room as my famiy when they are eating certain things. It doesnt help that I work with food all day too maybe thats why Im so sensitive to smells.
Mandy x.

Hi All, I went out for the meal last night & was armed with chicken crisps, lemon biscuits & banana milkshake (yes I know I'm only supposed to cook one pack, but I thought that was better than eating food!)
I sat & looked at the menu, it didn't bother me, I ate my crisps & some lemon biscuits during the first course.
I then had my banana milkshake during the puddings, I felt absolutely fine, even when the chocolate fudge cake arrived & my daughter was given an extra bit because it was her birthday, I didn't give in or feel anyway tempted by it.
Infact I actually felt stuffed, because I don't usually eat that much in one sitting.
I felt so good about myself, I wasn't bloated & I'm still in abstinence.
So just been shopping & bought myself a size 16 & 14 cropped trousers & new top, I know they will fit me, because I know I can do this.

I also realised this week that I am not fat any more, I'm nearly in a size 16 & that feels great. I look better in the mirror & I don't think people are looking at me any more because I'm fat, I am normal yippee !!!!

How's everyone else doing this week?

Back