People who want to lose weight but can't be arsed.

Yasmine

One last chance
I am so ticked off with people who complain, nag and are fed up with their weight and don't even bother to stand up and do something about it.

If you hate your weight so badly, then why don't you make a change for yourself?

Dwelling and showering yourself with self pity is not going to make you drop a few sizes.

I have no sympathy for anyone who is over weight or obese or just fat and doesn't even make the effort.

I do sympathize with those who do try. I am not insulting those who are over weight since I am myself. But I really don't understand how people allow themselves to get to such a size. Are they aware of their size? are they aware of how heavily they breathe? the pain in their lower bodies? Maybe it's psychological, I don't know. But im sure you have some sense that something must be done, immediately.

Never wait for the problem to increase, that just makes losing weight almost impossible.

YOU CAN DO IT! SO DO IT!!.....pretty pweeeeeese!?:p

To be honest I think this is a little out of order - if only it were that simple none of us would have or ever have had a weight problem.

I think we are all probably guilty of this to some extent. Everyone who has lost weight has that lightbulb moment when they think right.. really now.. enough is enough. For some this is at 11st, for some it is at 30st, some never reach it and have much shorter lives as a result.
Someone will only ever commit properly to losing weight if they want to do it for themselves.
Personally, I was getting very very close to 14st and thought, no no way is that happening.
My sister in law must be pushing 20st and is in no way interested in doing anything about it even though she is very unhappy with her weight. Maybe her lightbulb moment will come at 21st, maybe when her gp tells her in a few yrs that she has to lose weight or die... who knows.

We are all masters of our own journeys, not of anyone elses.

xx

Nice attitude you have there

Hmmm, happy new year to you too!

Any awards out there for 'post most likely to aggravate?'

Hmmm, happy new year to you too!

Any awards out there for 'post most likely to aggravate?'
Wow, first of all sorry if I upset and aggravated you or anyone on here with this thread. Just so you know, I am not, as I mentioned, trying to insult anyone. Someone has just really pissed me off that they are complaining about their weight continuously and with all the encouragement that I gave this person, she doesn't want to even try. Those are the people that I was referring to.

Yes people are all different, yes some don't think it's that simple. It isn't simple to lose weight, but it's impossible to lose weight when you don't even try. This is what I was trying to say. I just have a very bold and harsh way of saying things and I am aware of this. Yes I should be more sensitive, and I am sorry about that.

And yeah thanks, happy new year to you too , I should have probably said that in the beginning ^^'.

No worries Jasmine, I do hear what you are saying. You just have to be careful on here because we are ALL about support and it is easy to read a post like your and feel 'got at'. I don't in particular as I know that if I put in a hell of a lot of effort I will lose weight. it will be slow and difficult as I have years of being on steroids to contend with, but hey, give me time, I'll get there.
Trouble is losing weight, any amount takes a fair bit of determination and commitment. Lots of us can lost half a stone or a stone, it's keeping it going thats tricky.

Anyway, good luck with your plan and have a lovely NYE.

No harm done, I do understand how it can be frustrating, although I am sure I have been the guilty party complaining about my weight on more than one ocassion - you're friend probably isn't even aware that she is doing it such is the viscious cycle we can get trapped in when overweight.

Happy New Year
x

To be honest I think this is a little out of order - if only it were that simple none of us would have or ever have had a weight problem.
You must have felt that I'm being harsh too. Again, very sorry. i already replied saying that I am brash and bold with what I say.

It's just a little strange, I mean, there is a great opportunity for people to change their lives, but why do they choose to ignore it? Especially if it's something that they could have only dreamed of doing, and it's becoming a reality. My other sis is an example, she's dieing to lose weight and yet she does nothing for it. Why are some people like that? i'd like to understand why. That way, I can help her in a way that will encourage her.

As you said that if it was simple, then people wouldn't have this problem, that is very true. It isn't simple. It just makes me quite angry that if it does happen, why can't people see? is it psychological? or a form of comfort? I'm really not sure.

she doesn't want to even try.

Maybe she doesn't want it enough. Maybe she doesn't feel confident enough. There's all sorts of reasons why people are unhappy about where they are, but don't try to get themselves out of it.

I remember falling down so many times that I just didn't think I'd ever get up again, and yes, I did stop for a while and lie there feeling sorry for myself. Don't remember wallowing in self pity, but I might have done had I had a willing ear to share it with :D

She'll sort it out in her own time, and there is little you can do until she does. Her time will come :)

Maybe you can steer her away from the topic of weightloss?

Maybe she doesn't want it enough. Maybe she doesn't feel confident enough. There's all sorts of reasons why people are unhappy about where they are, but don't try to get themselves out of it.

I remember falling down so many times that I just didn't think I'd ever get up again, and yes, I did stop for a while and lie there feeling sorry for myself. Don't remember wallowing in self pity, but I might have done had I had a willing ear to share it with :D

She'll sort it out in her own time, and there is little you can do until she does. Her time will come :)

Maybe you can steer her away from the topic of weightloss?
Maybe, but I really want to help her you know. I mean, I see the way she looks at me, really longing to lose weight, I can see it on her as well. But when I don't mention it, it gets worse. Any ideas on what I can do?

It is an interesting subject. I suppose it is because food is like an addiction. There was a slogan from a cigarette company that said "I know it hurts me but I love them" and the same could be said of food. I know I used to sit and cry and then stuff my face with food - I felt powerless to resist and had an emotional link with food that brought me comfort albeit short lived.

I don't think it is something that can be easily resolved and I also don't believe you can encourage someone to lose weight, they have to take that decision themselves.

Maybe, but I really want to help her you know.

Are you sure she wants help? Are you sure she wants that more than someone as a sounding board when she wants to have a rant?

But when I don't mention it, it gets worse. Any ideas on what I can do?

In what way does it get worse?

It is an interesting subject. I suppose it is because food is like an addiction. There was a slogan from a cigarette company that said "I know it hurts me but I love them" and the same could be said of food. I know I used to sit and cry and then stuff my face with food - I felt powerless to resist and had an emotional link with food that brought me comfort albeit short lived.

I don't think it is something that can be easily resolved and I also don't believe you can encourage someone to lose weight, they have to take that decision themselves.

totally agree Georgie :D

No worries Jasmine, I do hear what you are saying. You just have to be careful on here because we are ALL about support and it is easy to read a post like your and feel 'got at'. I don't in particular as I know that if I put in a hell of a lot of effort I will lose weight. it will be slow and difficult as I have years of being on steroids to contend with, but hey, give me time, I'll get there.
Trouble is losing weight, any amount takes a fair bit of determination and commitment. Lots of us can lost half a stone or a stone, it's keeping it going thats tricky.

Anyway, good luck with your plan and have a lovely NYE.
I wish you all the luck in the world. I'm a person who gives tough love you know. And I do know that a lot of people with weight problems are very sensitive, heck I would know. Maybe i should change my tactics LOL.

Oh that it was that easy!! I did want to lose weight.. very very much but failed constantly. I was aware how big I was, how much I struggled, how out of breath I was, how I was killing myself but until that lightbulb moment and I got the click none of that helped at all.

Im sure each and everyone of us saw how overweight we were at the start of our journey.. being overweight doesnt mean stupid you know.

I think if I was overweight and a 'friend' of yours discussing my weight would be the last thing Id want to do when you have an attitude like this. If a friend of mine had tried the tough love attitude Id have been hurt and would have gone in totally the opposite direction from them, as fast as my overweight, out of breath body would allow me

Maybe, but I really want to help her you know. I mean, I see the way she looks at me, really longing to lose weight, I can see it on her as well. But when I don't mention it, it gets worse. Any ideas on what I can do?

There is nothing you can do, as much as you might want to help and I understand this is very well intentioned. I know from experience and I am sure you must if you have had a weight problem that no one can help you lose weight except yourself.

Ah I see. I'm the opposite, I'm the type to starve myself when depressed, so I guess I can see it from another point.

So I should just leave her?

Like I said before, she will not start her journey until she is ready to herself. By trying to push you might only make her resent you for it.
I would leave well alone, and if in the future she does come to you with questions about it try to be objective and realise that for some people this will be the biggest struggle they will ever have in their lives.

xx

Back